PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in PokéRus is back!

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > PokéRus is back! >

Okay... So. First things first. The immunity lasts an hour, so that those users who are constantly active are not necessarily punished for being so - but they're also locked out for a time, to give others the chance to get it. Locking people out for any longer could lead to problems, as not everyone has all the time in the world to click. Say a couple hours a day. If they get the 'rus early on in the couple hours they have spare, they get another couple shots at it with the little time they have before they need to leave. Blocking people out for the entire day or extended periods of time also yields other issues. You may notice that the number of users online fluctuates (Increases and decreases) throughout the day. At "Peak times", this is the best case scenario for getting the 'rus - but if we locked people out for 24 hours, as was notioned, then someone who got it at the "worst time possible" in terms of it being gained during the sites least active time... That person would essentially be being punished for getting it at a lesser time. Long story cut short... That's not going to happen. To add on to the whole concept of certain people getting it, I've looked through the entire database of who has had it and when - and I can tell you that I'm seeing patterns of when these individuals are getting it. It's always around the same times. Not the exact same times, but what I'm saying is that it matches their online pattern. Or in other words, they're active, they're getting lucky, they're netting the 'rus. Honestly, people need to calm their butts down and realise something. The "data" that this is all being based on is TOO LITTLE. 4 days worth of this - what's that, 96 x 4 = 382 with select amounts of people actually working for it, and I mean --working for it--. It's too little. There's not enough for anyone to go on to be suggesting such radical changes at this point. I get that it might be bothersome or annoying, but 4 days in and this? Come on already... We implemented something that was wanted, made it fairer to get, and we're already having people complaining that they're not getting something that everyone else has a completely equal chance of getting (under the assumption that everyone clicks the 'rus holder the exact same amount). You're essentially entering the PFQ-Pokérus lottery here. We're already denying other winners participation for their recent luck - what are we meant to do thereafter? Skew the odds in certain peoples' favor because they've yet to get lucky? That's not exactly fair, is it? Every click you make on the 'Rus holder is +1 ticket in your hand. The more tickets that you hold (the more clicks on the 'Rus holder you make), the higher the chances that you'll be a winner - just remember that the same goes for everybody else. It's all down to luck and participation. Like I mentioned, think of the lottery. You won't win if you don't buy yourself a ticket - but at the same time, if you choose not to participate at all, then you definitely won't win.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page