PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

PokéRus is back!

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 678

Shiningheart's AvatarShiningheart
Is there a way to see how long the current effected member has had it? Like a count down or a stop watch?
Fanfiction account | Amortentia, an Animation Potterfied rp site | Warriors: Into The Forest, a Warriors rp

QUOTE originally posted by Shiningheart

Is there a way to see how long the current effected member has had it? Like a count down or a stop watch?
There is no count down or timer as such but it is extremely easy to calculate. User one just say gets it at 13:00, their pokerus will end at 13:15 and then user two will get it at 13:15 till 13:30. So it's every fifteen minutes. Hope that helps.
Avatar made by Cryst of Comet (my OC that i created)
Score: 0
Gøddest's AvatarGøddest
The pokerus changes it's host every 15 minute, that means the rus goes to other in 00,15,30,40,60(00). It is a cycle with easy maths.
"I wonder if I would also end up acting like that if I was faced with a weak opponent"
Nataku's AvatarNataku

QUOTE originally posted by Gøddest

I have to agree with Nataku, pokerus really seems to be something really funny, get it for once, and you will get it often, or never get it, and you never get rus. This happened to me at old PF and PFQ, I clicks all the pokemon in a host's field for a few hours, no rus. But I see someone getting a rus within 2 hours, when I clicked the rus button, I figured out that I no longer need to click that person, because I've already clicked everything from his/her fields, and the same thing happens for 3 times today (If my memories is correct, if not, 2). Someone also said: "PKRS is exhausting", that means they had enough because they got too many Rus! A longer time for immune is a good way to solve this problem, more people have a chance to get rus, since those people who "Get rus and often get rus later" does not have a chance to get a rus, chances for others will be bigger! But I would like to say this: 24 hours is too long, maybe 1.5 hours? I don't know.
I disagree. 24 hours only seems long because you'll only be able to get it once a day and not be able to benefit from it multiple times a day. This is exactly my point. Why should user X get to benefit from the effects of pokerus 5 times in one day while user Y despite their best attempts can't even get it once. with a 24 hour immunity you effectively counter the pattern of having the same users repeatedly get rus and with the userbase being the size it is that means that a much vaster portion of the userbase has a chance to get it. 4 pokerus in 1 hour means 24 times 4 is 96 users a day get pokerus. Looking at it that way isn't it way more fun for everyone if those 96 users are actually 96 users and not 12 users multiple times? Personally I'd vote for a truly random chance pokerus where the same person cannot get it more than once a day so that more people have a chance than do now. :3 I believe this is considered equal chance. you still have 96 pokerus victims a day, but it will truly be 96 victims instead of repeatedly the same users on the same day. The reason people don't like the longer immunity is because the benefits benefit those hunting shinies most and those hunting shinies obviously do not want to lose the chance of having this benefit multiple times a day, but if you had to be truly honest you'd agree that it's much more fair to everyone if everyone has the chance to catch rus every day, but only once so that more people have the chance to get it and not just those hunting shinies benefit, but everyone benefits from this unique virus.
When life gives you lemons;kindly accept its misguided charity and incorporate them into your scheme for world domination~ Anonymous My avatar is mine. From the image 'yes milord'. Proof:MY Deviantart account!
Killjøy's AvatarKilljøy

QUOTE originally posted by Nataku

I disagree. 24 hours only seems long because you'll only be able to get it once a day and not be able to benefit from it multiple times a day. This is exactly my point. Why should user X get to benefit from the effects of pokerus 5 times in one day while user Y despite their best attempts can't even get it once.
Just pointing out player X won't be getting the pokerus 5 times, everyday. It is rare to get it once a day never mind five times so this is only a rare occurence.
Nataku's AvatarNataku
there are at least 3 users who've had rus 10 times since it's inception just 4 days ago. That is being my reason for voting for a longer immunity not that there are users getting it everyday, but that there are +300 users who will most likely either never get rus at all or get it just once when a 24 hour immunity would increase the amount of users that would benefit thus will increase community clicking overall as more chance means more people will be wanting to click for it. If you look at the statistics page as I've been doing while preparing my point you'll notice that the same users are in the most rus list and have been for the past 4 days. I've checked it every day and have seen very few changes in the list and none in the top 3 of said list. All I am saying is we could use a more fair system. It is however up to Niet to make the decisions on these matters and not us. I've given my opinion and will not repeat myself further.
Eleiyas's AvatarEleiyas
I haven't gotten PKRS, despite my best efforts - yet I've seen 2 or 3 users who have had it nearly 10 times since its release. Like Nataku is saying, either make the immunity longer, giving the less dedicated clickers a chance to get PKRS, OR make PKRS choose a totally random person every hour, no matter how many clicks or w/e said person has done. Account inactivity will factor in though, so stop people who haven't logged in for 3 months getting PKRS and wasting it.
Okay... So. First things first. The immunity lasts an hour, so that those users who are constantly active are not necessarily punished for being so - but they're also locked out for a time, to give others the chance to get it. Locking people out for any longer could lead to problems, as not everyone has all the time in the world to click. Say a couple hours a day. If they get the 'rus early on in the couple hours they have spare, they get another couple shots at it with the little time they have before they need to leave. Blocking people out for the entire day or extended periods of time also yields other issues. You may notice that the number of users online fluctuates (Increases and decreases) throughout the day. At "Peak times", this is the best case scenario for getting the 'rus - but if we locked people out for 24 hours, as was notioned, then someone who got it at the "worst time possible" in terms of it being gained during the sites least active time... That person would essentially be being punished for getting it at a lesser time. Long story cut short... That's not going to happen. To add on to the whole concept of certain people getting it, I've looked through the entire database of who has had it and when - and I can tell you that I'm seeing patterns of when these individuals are getting it. It's always around the same times. Not the exact same times, but what I'm saying is that it matches their online pattern. Or in other words, they're active, they're getting lucky, they're netting the 'rus. Honestly, people need to calm their butts down and realise something. The "data" that this is all being based on is TOO LITTLE. 4 days worth of this - what's that, 96 x 4 = 382 with select amounts of people actually working for it, and I mean --working for it--. It's too little. There's not enough for anyone to go on to be suggesting such radical changes at this point. I get that it might be bothersome or annoying, but 4 days in and this? Come on already... We implemented something that was wanted, made it fairer to get, and we're already having people complaining that they're not getting something that everyone else has a completely equal chance of getting (under the assumption that everyone clicks the 'rus holder the exact same amount). You're essentially entering the PFQ-Pokérus lottery here. We're already denying other winners participation for their recent luck - what are we meant to do thereafter? Skew the odds in certain peoples' favor because they've yet to get lucky? That's not exactly fair, is it? Every click you make on the 'Rus holder is +1 ticket in your hand. The more tickets that you hold (the more clicks on the 'Rus holder you make), the higher the chances that you'll be a winner - just remember that the same goes for everybody else. It's all down to luck and participation. Like I mentioned, think of the lottery. You won't win if you don't buy yourself a ticket - but at the same time, if you choose not to participate at all, then you definitely won't win.

Pages: 123··· 678

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page