PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Daily backup failure + potential changes

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Daily backup failure + potential changes >

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by Kiryu

Even if it is a pain in the butt, I really prefer the security of daily backups rather than taking the chances of a weekly backup. Even if it's wonderful that we've never needed the backups so far, if the time does come one day that we do..................that's 7 days of progress, potentially. 7 days of melans, 7 days of dex progress, 7 days of interactions, IP, breeding, everything. Unless there's a sufficient way of restoring what has been lost (which would be hard to prove, I could imagine, besides maybe ZC bought from the site itself) I still vote for daily backups. Unless, of course, I am misunderstanding what the consequences of a crash/etc would be, which is very possible. :P I've never known of the effects in detail since it's never happened nor have I seen explained in much detail besides Oh It'd Probably Be Bad
I mean basically, if we need to rollback from a backup, things are already really really bad and there'd be a lot of compensation to go around - even if it's just rolling back a few hours! If you were to plot a graph of "badness over time rolled back", then it'd obviously start at zero with zero roll back time, massively jump up, then stay pretty level after that. Realistically speaking, rolling back a few hours is already so bad that rolling back a few days isn't actually significantly worse... That's why I'm leaning in favour of weekly rather than daily backups. The upside of not having 20-30 minutes of downtime every day is actually quite a positive effect.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page