PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Albino Radar Overhaul

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Albino Radar Overhaul >

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
With the goal of removing features that "punish" players for not being online every day, the Albino Radar is seeing an overhaul. Starting tomorrow (Feb 23rd), the Albino Radar will no longer allow you to type in whatever amount of IP you want. Nor will you have to slowly level it up over the course of a week and actively prevent it from de-leveling. Instead, you can pick directly from the 7 levels. The higher levels provide greater boosts, but at much higher cost. Efficiency-wise, Level 1 is the best "value" for your IP, but for such a tiny chance... you're better off getting the highest level you can afford :D Before I go into boost amounts, I'd like to mention that the percentages shown on the Albino Hunting page have been wrong. Turns out they were using an old version of the formula and as a result the numbers were very wrong... Here's the actual boosts for the current system using the "Level up" IP at each level, and the max, as compared to the values from the Wiki: Lv1: +0.1% +0.1% Lv2: +100.2% +25.34% Lv3: +202.6% +51.24% Lv4: +310.6% +79.43% Lv5: +442.0% +116.00% Lv6: +681.9% +189.29% Lv7: +2216.8% +650.09% Max: +16284.0% +2825.71% Quite a difference! Big "oops" there. This should not have happened, but it was "only" a display issue. The percentages haven't changed, they were just displayed using the wrong formula. Now that that's out of the way, here's how the boosts will look with the new system: Lv1: Base chance Lv2: +100% Lv3: +300% Lv4: +700% Lv5: +1180% Lv6: +2175% Lv7: +3313% This is why it was important to bring up the fact that the currently listed values are wrong. While the new chances are less than the (incorrect) listed values, the whole system is getting a buff. You know what else is getting a buff? Z-Crystals. Before: +33% After: +100%! Much better. This buff is effective immediately.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page