PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > Sprite Discovery Discussion >

G0ne's AvatarG0ne

QUOTE originally posted by FinalAbsolution

QUOTE originally posted by Hayashi Rin

Just because the terms "albino" and "melanistic" are being thrown around, doesn't mean the art staff nor Niet ever intended the sprites to follow real life albinism and melanism. They seem to be using "albino" and "melan" as simply a lighter and darker colour variant of the original Pokémon sprites respectively. If all albinos were white, and all melanistics just black..There'd be no individuality between all of the different Pokémon sprite 'specials' TwT; Edit: Obviously they are using what albino and melan means as a guide, so they are making them appear to be black-ish and white-ish in nature, but the point still stands that they're likely keeping colour involved to make the sprites all different, special variants and not just all black or all white ;w;'
I'm aware- I just.. Wish they kept the consistancy of the old melans? The black with colored hilights was fine, maybe a bit less neon-y but a lot of people like myself joined the site because of the look of the old melanistics, and this change is so drastic (and I personally dislike the new melans because they aren't black) Multiple people have spoken with me in private about how they dislike the new melans/wish they old ones were kept, etc. It's not that the new ones are inherently bad- some of them are fine, it's that in a lot of cases the old ones look better than the new ones do and it's just kinda disappointing.
Not to throw shade but, it doesn't entirely help that when users give feedback here in regards to sprites, they aren't always answered? Even if they were told that the art team decided to keep the sprite as is because it is consistent/the best version it can be/other. Like, when PK did that, I thought that was wonderful. Took the time to circle back, respond to us, tell us whats up. I seriously think that if this thread is gonna be here, then it needs to be consistently acknowledged and replied to by the art team, because 99% of the time it is who we, the users, are trying to speak with. It is hard to give feedback and then just see it pushed back further and further being buried by new sprites, new feedback, and even worse, new feedback that got acknowledged when old feedback didn't. It feels like this thread has no point when its the Sprite Discovery Discussion and those we are trying to discuss the sprites with aren't here half the time, helping us understand color choices, poses, the thought process. I agree with you, older sprites sometimes look better, but when I express these concerns and don't get answers its like, what do? Do I revive the concerns, do I give up since I tried already??? That is my personal take. I know sometimes there are answers, and they are busy, but I would think there would at least be more effort to reply here since they are the only ones that can give us the answers and thoughts we seek, you know?
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page