PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > Sprite Discovery Discussion >

QUOTE originally posted by Hayashi Rin

Just because the terms "albino" and "melanistic" are being thrown around, doesn't mean the art staff nor Niet ever intended the sprites to follow real life albinism and melanism. They seem to be using "albino" and "melan" as simply a lighter and darker colour variant of the original Pokémon sprites respectively. If all albinos were white, and all melanistics just black..There'd be no individuality between all of the different Pokémon sprite 'specials' TwT; Edit: Obviously they are using what albino and melan means as a guide, so they are making them appear to be black-ish and white-ish in nature, but the point still stands that they're likely keeping colour involved to make the sprites all different, special variants and not just all black or all white ;w;'
I'm aware- I just.. Wish they kept the consistancy of the old melans? The black with colored hilights was fine, maybe a bit less neon-y but a lot of people like myself joined the site because of the look of the old melanistics, and this change is so drastic (and I personally dislike the new melans because they aren't black) Multiple people have spoken with me in private about how they dislike the new melans/wish they old ones were kept, etc. It's not that the new ones are inherently bad- some of them are fine, it's that in a lot of cases the old ones look better than the new ones do and it's just kinda disappointing.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page