PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in General Feedback thread

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > General Feedback thread >

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
I'd just like to remind you that this site is in development, meaning things are may not be finished yet. While feedback (both positive and negative) is good, I feel like some of you are treating me like an idiot with just how harsh you're being. To answer a few... If you can find a better way to organise a 100x100 canvas, five 48x48 buttons, with enough room for the name, level/EXP and flavour preference, by all means, suggest it! I have tried, this is by far the most compact view I've been able to produce. In the case of user pages, it may seem like a bad layout, until you notice that the "About <username>" box can expand so that the bottom reaches the bottom of the party. Having the user's party arranged like it is on the Party page would result in a very large empty space that cannot be filled. Again, this design was decided on after trying several others and planning a dozen more on paper, this is the best I could find. The second-best alternative would be to have just the user's information on the User Page, and add a "Party" link next to the "Fields" one. Again, if you can come up with a better design, please share! The Field Clicking system is currently a placeholder. It works, but I'm well aware that it's not the best. I'm thinking something along the lines of "select a basket of berries and feed the Pokémon you click with that type of berry", kind of deal, so you choose a berry and it goes back to one-click interactions. The Live Preview is majorly flawed on PF1 and I was not satisfied with how horrendously laggy it gets, especially on mobile devices and low-power computers. It also has a tendancy to randomly scroll for an indeterminable reason. @Nightmare: A preview button IS available, right next to the "Post" button. Additionally the "Full Editor" textarea is resizable by dragging the coloured area underneath it. @StarDustx: For safety reasons, the Mature forums have the additional condition that your account must be at least a month old. This allows enough time to find, for example, the people who claim to be a hundred years old or born on such outrageous dates that the database can't even handle it. As for the users online list, how was I supposed to test a sort function when there was rarely more than one user online? Now that there's more, I can add it, but it is low priority compared to major features and bugfixes. @Nightmare: PF1's design is what I like to call "soooo last milennium". PFQ has been fitted with a completely up-to-date look, fitting for the world of HTML5 and CSS3. And finally, back to @StarDustx, may I ask how exactly this site "feels like GPX+"? GPX+ uses a modern, HTML5/CSS3 design. PFQ does too. So does Google, and a large number of other sites. Tooltips are commonplace, transitions rule the world and gradients, shadows and 3D effects are the pinnacle of an advanced site. In my case, having programmed everything using just plain Vanilla JavaScript, I take particular pride in that.
So like I said, feedback is good, but please try to take into consideration that a heck of a lot of work has gone into this, and even more with just pen and paper, and work is still ongoing. Please try to express your opinions without making me feel like Wheatley, 'kay? ;)
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page