PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in General Feedback thread

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > General Feedback thread >

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Well now, let's have a look... - A rules button and a Wiki button at the top and bottom of every page. And yet many people still "didn't see them". Or "couldn't find them". Mind you, we've had people claim they "didn't see" the big bold rule on the sign-up screen that said only one account was allowed, so that's not exactly a high bar. Also the Rules link at the top is customisable (that bar of smaller buttons is, on the Farm page) so the one at the bottom is the only permanent one there. - Summon Items vs. Albino Radar I feel this is an unfair comparison from the get-go, because Summon Items are only used occasionally while the Albino Radar - if used to full potential - is used every day. It makes sense, therefore, that its status is shown more prominently. I would also note that the link to the Summon Items page is included in the item description panel for those same items, giving you direct access when you need it. - Fishing Hut, Trade Centre... This one's a valid concern, and one I hope to improve on as I redesign the Farm page. For instance the first panel of that page is practically obsolete at this point, and could certainly be replaced in importance by the Nearby Places, making the Farm kind of a hub for where you want to go next. - Pokémon menu Define "better" please ;) I'm absolutely not saying it's perfect, far from it, but without any indication of what can be improved, there's little I can do. - Trainer editing We are painfully aware of the limitations of our system. All we have is a pre-rendered set of generic outfits. This is a vast improvement over "generic White brown-haired male", "generic White brown-haired female" and "generic White brown-haired androgynous" - people have other skin colours than White and other hair colours than Brown! So that's what we prioritised to get at least basic customisation out there. A larger scale system is in the works but there are many other things to catch up on too. - Pages condensed, removed, laid out better Again, examples would help here. As the one who designed it, I am biased towards how things are now as being "fine". Vague statements aren't really helpful to try and fix things. - Expensive account upgrades Yup. That's progression systems in a nutshell. A large number of upgrades are single-time purchases, so they are objectives to work towards. Especially the Poké Radar, which I can only guess is what you were referring to in particular. It's an "endgame" item. That being said, interactions aren't the only way to gain currency. You can use Scour Missions to get currency, or items that you can sell on the Market for currency. Boxes can contain GP, and GP is given out regularly during Fabulous Friday and as a simple login bonus. The restriction on Credits being generated by interactions is an intentional measure to prevent hyper-inflation. Essentially, we can't afford to have people literally printing money ;) It's a problem that all MMOs face, and I believe we've handled it reasonably well. - Tutorial length We did just implement the "Egg Timer" feature, which gradually increases EXP over time with a reward for making interactions in the form of speeding it up further. It shouldn't take too long to complete, now that there's a baseline that's not zero. - Legal stuff You're right in places, and wrong in places. The key thing that keeps us open while other fan-games are closed is because of the uniqueness we have compared to existing official games. Even terrible-quality fangames that attempted to re-create the main-series games got shot down on GameJolt, for instance. It has nothing to do with "competition", and everything to do with originality. That's one reason why we deliberately avoid re-creating core features like the in-depth battle system (and even official side-games do this too - "battling" in Mystery Dungeon, Ranger, Tretta, Shuffle, Rumble World etc. all use varying elements that make them distinctly "Pokémon", but are all utterly unique from the core series system) - any feature that we do re-create is reworked into something unique, such as how Fishing works here. This derivative nature is what keeps us going. Because you can't say that 100k+ users is "not popular". PFQ is its own game, and does not dilute the value of the Pokémon IP - in fact, I know that it actually increases its value because we've had people who used PFQ as their first point of entry going on to become avid Pokémon fans with all the official games, that they wouldn't have been interested in if not for us :) --- So anyway, thank you for your time, I hope this response addresses your concerns.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page