PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Add a list of Vivillion and flabebe-line forms

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected > Add a list of Vivillion and flabebe-line forms >

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
A decision was made to not count certain variants as separate Dex entries. Most Formes are counted, as they are significant changes to the Pokémon itself. For example, Darmanitan changes type, stats, and so on when it changes Forme. That's enough to qualify for a separate entry in our Dex. Even Basculin counts because it has different Abilities in the main-series games. That being said, some consolidation does need to be done at some point, such as making Pumpkaboo/Gourgeist only count as one species, with their varying sizes being consolidated as collectables only. Honestly Flabébé's crazy colour variety was a mistake on my part. One that I would like to retcon to bring back in line with canon, but I can't - especially as some people have shiny hunted full collections and I think some people are melan hunting them? Crazy people, but the point is it's too late to really "fix" without offering some serious compensation to earlier completionists. My point is, there's a lot of rework to do with regard to Formes, but the system we have right now is here to stay for the forseeable future. This does end up including no way to have a list of them in-game with completion tracking, since there's no difference between them in their data - they just show different sprites according to (hidden) parameters.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page