PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in GROAN: Get Rid Of Adware Now

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > GROAN: Get Rid Of Adware Now >

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
It has come to my attention that there are a staggering number of you with adware on your computers, and perhaps more worryingly is the number of people who think it's completely normal that there's massive advertisements breaking the beauty of the page. Here is a screenshot from PF1, and the person who reported this thought it was completely normal and suppposed to be like that! Adware is a REAL problem. We need to eliminate that now. First of all, let me tell you what things SHOULD be like. Under the navigation bar, there should be a single advertisement. It fits neatly in the space between the navbar and the announcement box, and just to the right of it is a button that says "Your ad here! / Report bad ad". There is more recently a second one underneath the first post of Announcements threads, neatly titled "Advertisement" with a small message explaining why it's there. These are the ONLY advertisements on PFQ. If you see any more than these two, YOU HAVE ADWARE. (And if you just see an empty black space, then you have AdBlock and are stealing money from me. Just saying. If you see nothing at all, then you have Hypermode and disabled ads. Thanks for your support if this is the case!) Anyways, the most common cause I've seen so far is browser extensions. In particular, there's one called "HD Streamer" which has a tendency to just pop up out of nowhere and install itself on your browser. Remove it at once. Try disabling all browser extensions, and see if that fixes the problem. If so, enable them again one by one, until the ads appear again. The last one you turned on is the bad extension and should be removed. Finally, if the above fails, run a deep scan of your computer with some malware scanner. A good one would be MalwareBytes. Hopefully, we can go back to having a site that actually works, rather than being broken by people's malicious code on your computer.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page