PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Welcome to the Recode!

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Welcome to the Recode! >

Novan-chan's AvatarNovan-chan

QUOTE originally posted by BananaLizard

QUOTE originally posted by Mystera

Did you guys just change the Fennekin line's sprites again? As a collector of them the changing is starting to get to be a bit much.
Because the artist of the sprites felt they had improved enough to do better, and so wanted to create a newer version of them. (Least I'm guessing). I mean, look at Pokemon, their sprites changed virtually every game for every pokemon. xD

QUOTE originally posted by Garthic

Correct~ and yes while the Fennekin line has gone through a few updates, I believe the post Garth provided explains it far better then I could explain. So please excuse everything below as I explain my Foxes. The Fennekin line was my 1st set of sprites I made when I joined Staff. I took over the project which replaced Sei's Fennekin and Braxien and whomever made the Delphox Sprite and adding the popular Left Handed Delphox to the mix. As seeing the "History of Fennekin's Line" I made 3 Fennekin sprites, 2 Braxien sprites and 2 sets of Delphox Sprites. the 1st Fennekin, the one with Fennekin kneeling. That sprite only lasted 1 day. Many people disliked it and I was devistated how much it wasn't liked with its pose. Its pose was supposed to be a playful pose, like a puppy wanting to play an wagging its tail, instead it was taken as Fennekin being agressive or something. I worked on the 4th Fennekin sprite that replaced the 3rd and has been the Fennekin Sprite for over a year, with the mistakes I did. the 5th Fennekin Sprite, the now current sprite, has most to all the mistakes I could find fixed and gave it a new playful pose that -I Hope- justified my 2 previous sprites. My 1st Braxien sprite was merely just a shrunk edit of Sei's Braxien. Was to make it a bit smaller and to edit out the twig in its hand and have it in the tail, to then make the sprite mysterious as to which of the 2 then newly Delphox pair it would evolve into. The New and Current Braxien keeps up to the line being energetic and -again what I hope- keeps in mind Braxien's femimine figure. Serena's Braxien in particular was kept in mind. I wanted Braxien to look different from most of the other Braxien sprites I've seen as well as keeping its twig wand in its tail. My Delphox's were the most difficult of the line. Among the line having mistakes on color, sizing and such. I was still new at spriting when I was making them (I had little to no Pixel art experience before being on staff.) I was to make Delphox smaller then the previous sprite and add on the Lefty Delphox. I had so much trouble so the easiest thing for me was to flip the bodies and make slight edits to the hands ETC. As like the rest of the line, wanted the sprites to look Energetic and dramatic as well as make sure both Delphoxs were obviously different in pose while also making Lefty be a bit more unique. Between them facing different ways and letting Lefty be visibly using psychic. All of which I really made sure the colors were correct on the normal and shiny to that of the official art, not the models' colors. I also did my best to fix most of the mistakes I made with my last sprites and tried to make them look good. A few months were put into these sprites, along side the time they sat, waiting, to be added. I love the Fennekin line myself and, while I'm no collector of them on PFQ, I love the line enough to make sure They looked their greatest. I'm sorry the changing is becoming "a bit much" but its for good reason just like with other edits to Gen6+ stuff.
credits
Novan-Chan and all forms of her belong to me Avatar of Novan is made by me for my use only!
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page