PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Hot Spring Street Happenings

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Journals >

Pages: 12

Beyata's AvatarBeyata
Welcome To Hot Spring Street!

The journal for the one and only Blue Bird of paradise, Beyata~!

An In-Character Introduction (A Little Long)

You are trudging your way through woodland, pushing past untamed wilderness and stepping through prickly briars. According to a shabby map you received from a shady ‘traveling salesman’ of uncertain gender, the much lauded ‘Hot Spring Street’ PokeFarm was just a few meters away. The endless miles of overgrown brush put a damper on your curiosity, the gut feeling that you got scammed by a fox (again) crept into your mind. The map ended here, one last step and you’ll be on your way back to the farm, laughing at how obvious of a scam this all was. You take one last step between two hearty trees, hoisting yourself up the top of the hill to gaze upon the valley below. Much to your surprise, rather than a sprawling jungle coming into view at the crest of the hill there was a vast PokeFarm. At your feet a long winding road, paved with immaculate yellow bricks, stretched throughout the length of the PokeFarm. Large buildings of uncertain purpose sat at the side of the road and lanternposts frequently dotted the street. Straining your eyes to look in the distance, the street seemed oddly still despite it's lavish appearance. You are enraptured by the visage as much as you are confused by it’s presence. Unsure of what else to do, you begin to march down the street. Your boots clack loudly against the yellow road, echoing eerily amid the silence of the valley. The silence is suddenly shattered by a loud rustling noise from behind. Your hair stands on end and quickly you snap your neck back to inspect the sound. The only thing you find is an Eevee, tussling in the brush. You laugh to yourself and turn your attention back to the road to continue on your way. Your eyes meet the road once again but the visage of a vibrant farm is blocked by a strange figure. Welcome, esteemed guest, to the world renowned Hot Spring Street~! You jump in shock at her sudden appearance. It was as if she had always been there. You had only averted your gaze for a moment and without so much as a noise she had appeared. Recovering from your momentary shock you begin to scan the figure in front of you. She is a small dainty woman, cloaked in fine colorful robes with large sash bound around her waist. Her hair reaches down the whole length of her back and shimmers a brilliant blue within the soft lantern light. Sparkling green eyes adorned her face which held a puzzling expression that defied any attempt to discern her true emotions. I am Beyata, the proprietress of this wondrous farm and it’s most popular hostess~ They call me the ‘Blue Bird of Paradise’ but my sole desire is to make each and every guest happy~ It'll be my sincerest pleasure to any and all wishes you may have while here~ Her voice is tender but each word feels laced with something a bit more sinister. Slowly she begins to walk towards you, a devious grin spread across her face. You stumble back, fearful of whatever her true intentions might be. The thought of escaping doesn’t even finish crossing your mind before you feel pain radiate out from your shoulder. In the blink of an eye Beyata had closed the gap between you and was gripping tightly onto your arm. Icy fear beginning to fill your veins, you try to tug your arm away from the woman but you are met with an unfathomable amount of strength coming from a woman of such small build. Now, what is your deepest desire~? Letting a guest leave without a smile on their face would bring shame on my establishment~

About Me

Call me Beyata. In terms of Pokemon: I'm a lifelong Pokemon Fan who has gotten hopelessly addicted to PFQ. My favorite mon is Shuckle and my favorite games are BW2. I play competitive Pokemon occasionally though it's usually relegated to Other Metagames rather than VGC/Smogon Tiers. I've always been an avid shiny hunter so PFQ feeds my ravenous desire for sparkles. I play a lot of romhacks too especially of the difficulty hack variety. Outside of all the Pokemon Stuff: My hobbies include reading, writing, biking, running, and of course video games. Speaking of writing, I take great enjoyment in writing fan fiction which I forsee will take up a lot of this journal. I watch anime occasionally (less than I used to). I also complain a lot on Twitter but you'll have to sniff me out yourself. If you for some reason want to contact me I'm on discord under the same name as here. Other Fandoms I'm Into Are: Project Moon (begrudgingly), Madoka and especially Magia Record, Touhou, When They Cry, and !!Sdorica!! but that will have to wait for later.
Recs for [Whenever I'm Writing This] Book: Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte (It's Peak) Anime: Maria-sama ga Miteru (Peak) Music: Chant for Sanctuary by sasakure.uk ft Kanon Wakeshima Video Game: Cassette Beasts (it's peak)

Goals

I'm a very easy-going player so I don't have too grand of ambitions but I do have a few notable ones:
  • Finish My Sdorica-dex w/ their written pieces (more on this later)
  • Arceus Rank(eventually.....)
  • 2 Melan Shuckles
  • 1 of each special for both the regular and galarian kanto bird trio
  • Trade Shop?
  • Find True Love

Current Happenings

Melan Hunting a Female Snorunt for Gretta's entry in the Sdorica-dex I only have the immense power of the ubercharm to help me out so it's gonna be a long one Update: Got a melan Snorunt...........male. The hunt will continue 436/475 EggDex 930/1,120 Pokédex towards the next tier I will make progress towards Arceus after I finish my hunt I got a good idea going for Izumi SP's written entry in the Sdorica-dex and have started writing it but who knows when I'll actually get to their Hunt
Resources: 251529 384 374 Next Spending Goal: Hyper Mode!!!

Lore?

In the wake of my April 9th issue I feel the need to establish some overarching lore for this journal whenever I decide to get in character. For the purpose of RP stuff this journal exist as a daily entertainment broadcast from Hot Spring Street, hosted by Beyata. The races and characters of Sdorica still exist and maybe some of the plot does as well but it's cached within existing in the Pokémon world and Pokefarm.com in particular.
This is the text I'll use when I'm roleplaying Beyata
And this the text I'll use when roleplaying as Izumi, Beyata's boss and emotional support pillar (neg)
For now these will take the form of small chunks of writing bundled with my posts when I feel the motivation to make one. I'd love to do small VN segments where the reader has to click through stuff and maybe make a choice but my CSS skills aren't nearly good enough for that
Avatar is offical art of the character Beyata from the game "Sdorica".
Beyata's AvatarBeyata
The Sdorica-Dex

What is this?: I'm a massive fan of this gacha game called Sdorica (Note: DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME) and I really like writing fanfic stuff for it especially since nobody else does. I decided on a whim to collect various mons analogous to certain Sdorica characters and write in their custom description about them. Mostly girls. They also all have to be specials because it isn't as cool if they're normal. It's something that gives me goals to strive for and makes me actually write which I am historically rather bad at doing punctually.

This accordion contains the status of hunts for various characters and the status of my writings for them. For the layman I'll include a small blurb about the character to clue you into their basic characteristics. I'll also have a justification for whatever mon I chose for them. As a side note: Alts of characters are denoted by 'SP' in game and I'll be referring to them as such.

Terminology

More will be added as needed/as I remember them. Odds are if I say something weird and don't elaborate it isn't worth explaining but if you really want to know I'd be more than happy to personally talk your ear off about it. Beastman - Anthro animals. Furries pretty much. Some are less furry than others (notably the females) Demi-Human - Vary from Kemonomimi to Monster Girls in terms of the ratio to animal to human. Beyata is a full on Harpy while Kittyeyes just has ears + a tail. Discriminated against heavily and have no home to speak of on Vendacti Vendacti - The continent the game takes place on Eastern Alliance - In the Eastern part of the continent, seperated by an impassable mountain range. A wuxia inspired home for all of Vendacti's beastman. Seperated into sects and further seperated into tribes based on what animal they are. 'Mythic' tribes are based off fictional animals (Komainu, Qilin, Korean Dragons) and can use magic. Naturally they are higher on the power hierarchy than normal animals. Tribes function as a sort of federation of states headed by an 'Arbiter'. Insect Tribe - A tribe of humans who have bonded with insects and get cool insect powers from it. Ruled over by a heridatry monarchy. Violently hated by the people of the Alliance. Bewitching - A mysterious ailment that is turning the Beastman of the Alliance into Humans. In addition to taking on a more human-like appearance, their touch is deadly to any living being and turns them into monsters. Bewitchers eventually succumb to the illness and become monsters themselves. No one knows what causes it and it strikes seemingly at random. The North/Northern Clans - At the north of the continent there's a landmass that's a wasteland of snow. The people who live there belong to the heavily ritualistic Saga Clan. Headed by the Clan Mother and Grand Socreress they are very serious about keeping to tradition.

Izumi

To get this out promptly, Izumi's gender is left ambiguous in the game. It frequently he/hims them but afaik the original script uses gender neutral pronouns. In game if you sort by gender they are listed as 'Other'. So I personally headcanon them as nonbinary. With that out of the way: Izumi is a cheeky fox Demi-human who's next move is never certain to others. They are excessively smug and extremely self-confident with roots dug into every corner of the continent. A true enigma to most everyone, nobody quite knows where they came from and rumors abound about their true nature. Extremely strong There is more to them than I want to let on but let's leave it at that shall we? Izumi is a kitsune so Ninetales is the easy pick for their base version. Alolatales is purely preference. I've already written a piece on them but it's bad, no good, awful. I'll think of another one later. I plan on eventually hunting Melan Ninetales, which version IDK yet, for Izumi's SP. Izumi SP is a version from before the start of the game where they are an edgy swordmaster cloaked in black. The written section I do already have a good idea for what I want to do. The premise is that Izumi walks into an Eastern Alliance Tavern after a 'job' and is harassed by other patrons. Izumi shows them up without missing a beat much to the amusement and terror of onlookers. It ends with Izumi walking out of the bar and getting news of their assignment at Atlas which segways into canon.

Tindoiimu

To preface: I have immense shipping brainrot when it comes to Tindoiimu x Soohyeon. I am the sole person who actually ships this but I will bleed to see these two together. Tindoiimu is the princess to the Insect Tribe but in her youth the Tribe lost a war against the Eastern Alliance and took her as political hostage. She spent those years under Alliance rule playing the part of a demure princess, afraid of bring wrath upon the Tribe with her actions. Plot happens and she becomes obsessed with taking vengeance on the Alliance for what they have done to her people. ........But she begins to feel conflicted, the Alliance has wronged her deeply but it's where she grew up and it's people aren't all responsible for her tragedy. The Insect Tribe aren't part animal like Demi-humans are but rather they pair bond with an insect during a coming of age ceremony. Tindoiimu's insect is a butterfly and particularly a blue one. So naturally a blue Vivillon pattern is an obvious choice. Already wrote her piece and it's mostly a character study ordeal. I really like probing at this component of her personality because I'm in all honesty projecting on her. Also shipping brainrot. Exists within my own fanfic canon.

Kong Soohyeon

A Mythic of the Kyo Tribe, daughter of the Arbiter Kong Maeok. She is secretly a bewitcher but keeps her appearance hidden beneath a veil and relies on a charm to keep the ailment in check. A kind and sweet girl who is a beacon of hope to all but has a sharp wit underneath that. A renowned dancer throughout the Eastern Alliance. Soohyeon is from the 'Kyo' tribe and from very uneducated researching I've figured that it's supposed to be an aquatic type of Korean Dragon. I was kinda at a loss for what to give her (Gyrados didn't feel right) and settled on Dragalge since it gives off similar 'Graceful' vibes as her. I've already done her written portion and I focused on her angst because her character is so brimming with opportunites for it. I also quite like this one. (Shipping Brainrot Ahead) Her SP is more explicitly a dancer than her base form so I should probably give her a mon that learns Dragon Dance. Seadra and Dragonair both fit but we'll see. The written portion will probably be pining because shipping brainrot.

Chiyuki

A ferret beastman with a rare pure white cloak. Famous all over the East for her acting skill, everyone knows the name Hanazono Chiyuki. As of late, at the peak of her stadom, she finds herself feeling rather lonely........... You choose the ferret albino, duh. Idk what I'm gonna write but I'm thinking about making it a letter to Yao like the one she writes after the finals Another rodent for her SP. Cinccino gives off celebrity vibes so it fits for her SP where she's acting. What I'll write here? No idea, maybe a play or something?

Beyata

The Magnificent Blue Bird of Hot Spring Street and my namesake. She's worked as a hostess on Hot Spring Street her entire life but only recently has come into her own. Generally demure and soft spoken, she is capable of switching on a dime to a more 'aggressive' persona. Harbors a deep affection for her boss, Izumi. I ideally would get a Shiny Articuno but that's currently very much out of my reach. Settled on Oricorio since it's -Blue -A bird -an entertainer Already wrote her story and it's more or less a retelling of her character story in game. Not the happiest with it so I might do something else One day I'll get this for her SP. One day. The written portion will be about her conflicted emotions while doing her 'job'. How she longs for a normal life deep down but has resigned herself to this fate.

Baabaa

Sheep demi-human living in the East. A merchant (not affliated with the merchant union) just trying to get by as a demi-human when the world doesn't want you. Obsessed with money and is willing to go to any lengths necessary if the price for her employment is right. Baabaa Sheepy :)) Idk what I'm gonna write for her like at all. (Pretend this is Lycanwool) I was thankfully around for the MCW that gave it out but breeding a variant will be a challenge. Lycanwool fits because the bit is that she's a wolf in sheep's clothing metaphorically (She does very awful things). See above.

Valdrir

The Clan Mother to the Northern Saga Tribe. A kind soul with an affinity for nature even in the blasted icy wastes of the north. Deeply committed to the protection of her clan and will do anything in her power to keep her clan safe. Has complicated feelings towards her old friend who was exiled from the clan, Eidatyr (Very very gay). Association with nature, motherly, and albino to represent the white snow of the north. A perfect match and this will likely be my next hunt. Her passage will be about longing for Eidatyr but in a closeted kinda way. She becomes a very gay pirate in this alt so what's more pirate than Dhelmise? Her passage will be about longing for Eidatyr but in a gay kinda way

Eidatyr

Pirate Captain of Westport. On the surface she may seem brash and rude but deep down she holds sincere kindness for everyone. She was a member of the Northern Saga clan but was exiled for violating their taboos. She still holds a special place in her heart for the Clan Mother however...... Another Melan Hunt, Yay! Another Dhelmise to form a pair with her gf The written bit will take place during the story and be about her internal concerns for Val during the events of the story and how this leads her to realize her love.

Gretta

The Grand Soceress of the Northern Saga Clan she holds countless centuries of wisdom with her. She is a kind and upbeat woman who when needed is always there to provide wisdom for her tribe. She is the product of a strange tradition in which the Clan offers a young candidate to the old Socerer who will impart their knowledge onto them. Currently doing the melan hunt for her. Mysterious woman who lives in the frost and is adept with magic? Froslass fits very nicely and melan in particular is close to her color scheme Written portion will be about her conflicted feelings towards both the clan and Izumi. Light shipping.

Tachilaanda

Tindoiimu's sister and current Queen of the Insect Tribe. Growing up she always felt like she was living in the shadow of her big sister which caused resentment to build over all those years. This caused her personality to morph into something wicked and controlling. After her parents perished and in absence of the rightful heir she took to the throne and commanded her army from there. I know Lurantis isn't a real mantis but it fits her very well. Especially if you look at from the angle of her hiding her true intentions behind her cute demure appearance. Did the writing here already and it's just a basic look at her character, maybe I'll do more in the future? I'll do another Lurantis for her SP but it'll be awhile before I go through with it. This one's written bit is a little more interesting since this alt is from another timeline where she instead reveres her sister. This will be about how her SP's ravenous all consuming fixation on Tindo is scarily similar to her normal version's deep resentment.

To Do: -Sophie -Adelaide/Shirley -Angelia/Sione/Naya
Beyata's AvatarBeyata
April 4th 2024
Yipeee the first normal post of this journal Tomorrow is looking to be a Sei day + Garthic + whatever gets boosted by Fab Friday if it's not one of those two. This will likely be the last such occurance with this Ubercharm (7 days left) so I'll make a push with as many boosts as I can procure. Still trying to sell my male Melan Snorunt to sustain my future hunting but that's not looking too hot rn. I still have a box of unwanted Albino and Shiny Snorunt to sell for some resources if need be. Man I have so many summon items I want to pop rn but I can't until this hunt is over because I refuse to buy that one item that saves your hunt. Low on IP rn and can't even manage a full boost today. I'll mass click a lot on Garthic day to make up for it. I'm high up on the tournament leaderboard right now which means for the first time I'll actually get something other than a consolation prize! No idea if I get anything else besides the egg though. Thanks horrible sleep schedule! EDIT: It's Smoliv day today too..... If only I could quit this hunt and hunt the silly guy... ~That's all for now! Goodbye from your beloved blue bird!
Beyata's AvatarBeyata
April 5th 2024
It is looking increasingly unlikely that we will get a Sei day on reset unless the Fabubar looks kindly upon us. Kills my anticipation but allows me more time to stockpile resources for the Melan push. I'm slacking on my dex writing for a seperate project that I had planned to do on here but ended up spinning it off into it's own thing. I got close to top 10 on the Tournament leaderboard because I stayed up til 4 am playing Totono (it's peak) and will do the same tonight probably Current Boost Stack is going to Uber + Sei + Charm + Z Crystal + Mass clicking till my thumbs break May providence shine upon me
Beyata's AvatarBeyata
April 6th 2024
Big Sei day today. Last time I got rus twice and got my Melan. Let's hope I have a fraction of that luck today I went on a hike today and feel super exhausted. I can barely keep myself awake to mass click Still stuck on that one part of Totono but I'll get through it eventually Got like 13k clicks yesterday so I'm good on IP for a bit I placed 11th overall in the tournament which was sweet but I wasn't blessed with an event determined special Come home female melan Snorunt......... That's it from your beloved and very tired Blue Bird~ Sweetest of dreams to you and take gooooooood care~
Beyata's AvatarBeyata
April 7th 2024
Sei day was sadly kind of a flop for me. 2 of each special total and like 120 eggs hatched. I have enough for another Ubercharm but I really wanted Hypermode and buying an Ubercharm would set me back for a bit First troll party, yay!!! Found a ditto egg at the lab after an eternity for refreshing and currently hatching it. Still haven't cashed my own voucher though. Made a big sell of my Snorunts for some extra funds. Still stuck on that one part of Totono Tired but less than yesterday. I had an awful time trying to get sleep last night. And that's your daily update from your lovely little Blue Bird of Paradise~ As always I'm happy to have talked to you on this windswept evening~ Take care~
Beyata's AvatarBeyata

Some Self-indulgent Role Play (Very long)

April 8th, 2024. The Eclipse Special

Good day my lovely viewers~ It's time for another thrilling installment of Hot Spring Happen-
Beyata abruptly let's out a pained gasp and begins to hold her head between her wings She staggers as she strains to keep her body upright. Beneath the mess of dazzling blue hair there is a pained grimace drawn across her usually serene face. You can make out a single soundless utterance on her rosy lips, 'Boss' With a loud, painful exhale, the hostess tunrs to face her audience once more. Her visage more ragged than just moments before she begins to speak feebly to the onlookers.
I-I'm terribly sorry but unexpected c-complications have come up so the show will have to be delayed~
She puts on the same flowery affect but it feels forced. Off to th sides you can hear the scuttling of stage crew, a certain urgency in each of their movements. A curtain slowly draws across the stage and Beyata, as was typical, does a curtsy to bookend the show Without warning Beyata's legs give in, sending the Blue Bird careening towards the stage like a bird with it's wings newly clipped. Just before her body hits the floor, in a blinding blur, a fox demi-human narrowly manages to catch her. You manage to see them gently carress Beyata's head before the curtains close and the feed cuts
You are unsure of how to parse this occurance. You're sure the girl is well cared for but maybe you'll place a call down at Hot Spring Street to offer you sympathies and support. These thoughts are scarecly able to leave your head before you notice a crackling in the now blackened feed. A lone beastman cloaked in regal robes and sat in a wheelchair appears on your screen.
Run away, Princess. Run far away from here. I'll always be waiting for you. But don't come and find me. The expression on his face is that of anguish. His eyes, so stern in appearance, are small windows to a soul in agony. Take care of yourself. I had a wonderful time being Juan Yun with you.
The speaker says only those few words before wheeling his chair out of view. The broadcast terminates shortly after
That broadcast, whatever it was, had left you at a loss. You wheel over your thoughts in your head while you wait for HSSH to return. Who was this 'Princess' that the beastman referred to? Was this a message for her? Was Beyata's sudden affliction caused by the mysterious caster? Was this a publicity stunt? And why did he look so sad? Soon your regularly scheduled programming returns and with it, the Blue Bird and at her side the fox Demi-Human from before.
Beyata looks to be in much better shape than when you last saw her but is still less radiant tha usual. She evidently is still unable to keep her balance and is leaning on the fox for support.
I'm so terribly sorry about that last little interruption we had~ Miss Beyata came down with something terrible all of a sudden~ I couldn't bare to put more strain on my star so I'll be assisting her with today's show~
An uncharacteristic fierce blush appears on Beyata's face before she turns her gaze away from the crowd
The fox's tail perks up for a moment before they speak once more I haven't introduced myself yet, I'm Izumi the owner of this very Hot Spring Street!
April 8th 2024
Ugh my head hurts, what happened there? Oh yeah this is a Pokefarm blog I forgot -I got Hypermode!!!!!!! I'll be sure to make the most of it -I'm starting to collect boxes instead of impulse opening them and I currently have two Boxboxes up for sale -I got to see a partial eclipse today so that was neat -Another scour tournament so that's another free exclusive. Though I'm not on top of the leaderboard yet -Ubercharm has three days left but if my boxboxes sell then I'll have enough for another -Nobody wants to buy my Melan Snorunt -I watched 'Liz and the Blue Bird' the other day with no knowledge of the series it came from and it was wonderful. Very gay and melodramatic, just how I like em. It's free on Tubi so you have no excuse.
And that's it for this installment of Hot Spring Street Happenings~!
Thank you to everybody for staying around~! I'm always so very happy to entertain each and every one of you~
Beyata's AvatarBeyata
April 15th, 2024
Its been awhile huh? Well I've been lazy but nothing much interesting as happened in the meanwhile -sold data volume vouchers for ZC -bought another shiny charm and an ubercharm -still no Melan female Snorunt nor a buyer for the male one -tired -trying a bit harder this type race. Hatching a bit of everything but particularly going for Skourpi -Hoshi No Merry-go-round -my UFT box is full now so I'm probably gonna make a sell of thread sometime soon for some extra cash -tragically low on IP rn Anyways that's it I'm dog tired rn so I'll try to sleep. Beya and Izumi are on lunch break so I'll have to send you off myself That's another wonderful Hot Spring Street Happening~ I hope every one of you darlings has a magnificent day~
Beyata's AvatarBeyata
'Ugh I'm tired and writing this in a parking lot' edition
-I type raced pretty hard and ended up at 2,200ish score, will be trading for iciums -tired -got three Albino Skorupi which was great -other assorted poison Albino + shiny glimmet -got a TON of special snorunt yesterday including a twin party -had an eventful day but have time to blow so I'm writing this during said time. -sold my Melan Male Snorunt, good riddance -AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA SNORUNT POTD -I pray for the female melan -Ah! Did you...... Did you just smile at me? -No....... -But I swear I just saw you smile--
Beyata's AvatarBeyata
So this is despair...........

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page