PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

2024 Update Phase 2: The Shelter

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 2829303132

Echoing thoughts here: My qualms specifically are that the fishing game is - Slow - Costly, especially for a new player - Requires just enough focus you can't "autopilot" it, but isn't intensive enough to reward that focus - intensely RNG based - The amount of times I've thrown a ball and the Pokemon has broke out and immediately ran is pain. I'm not saying they shouldn't be able to run, but it is brutal when you're just trying to catch anything to unlock later places and even Magikarp is being a flighty beast - On that note, the unlock is a slog. 750 for the Ocean Zone when even the basic Pokemon you hook up can flee is brutal. I gave up around 281 because 750 just felt unobtainable. It's not, of course, but I had enough of the tedium. I don't think being able to fish up melans is necessarily a healthy fix, but I do think if there was a chance to fish up boxes, that might be interesting. It would have to be a low rate to not send the box economy out of wack, but would be a nice reward (especially for newer players who likely don't have 4 scour slots) alongside the Pokemon that might be newly-discovered for them. Or if boxes are too powerful a reward, maybe something like an occasional Pearl to sell for credits to keep funding the fixing. Specifically nice-ish items that wouldn't feel horrible to get. Another thought I had is maybe you could use berries as bait and get a boost (maybe like 10%?) of fishing up Pokemon with that flavor preference. It would give more use to the Garden beyond nectars and perfect berries, and would encourage new players to do both to help with some of the fishing cost. And it would give later game players a berry sink besides changing our clothing color? This last thing isn't so much geared towards fishing, but clarity as a whole. A lot of us keep citing the wiki, the wiki, the wiki. But when I first started out, the only way I knew to get to it was through the task list on my party page. I'm well aware now that the "Help" link at the top goes to the wiki, but I had assumed it was to a FAQ page or support ticket system. Is there any way we could get that link renamed to "Wiki" or "Knowledgebase" or something more...obvious for what it is? Or, (and I know this is a bit of work I'm about to suggest) perhaps we could have a link to the relevant wiki page on certain pages. Like in the blurb for the shelter, or fishing hut, or whatever, there could be a link to the relevant wiki page if the user wanted more in-depth information? Just trying to help alleviate some of the "I don't know what I don't know" problems and citing my own lack of knowledge on how to get to the wiki when I first started.
Us weirdos have to stick together! Team Techtonic Rage for May:
Score: 641
Icon credit to Kattling on DeviantArt
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by KitsuneofDreams

- On that note, the unlock is a slog. 750 for the Ocean Zone when even the basic Pokemon you hook up can flee is brutal. I gave up around 281 because 750 just felt unobtainable. It's not, of course, but I had enough of the tedium.
Real quick since this is easy: you only need to hook them, not catch them, for unlock progress, but I agree the number is way too high. So I've slashed the unlock requirements. Now the final zone is unlocked after just 150 hooks.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

- On that note, the unlock is a slog. 750 for the Ocean Zone when even the basic Pokemon you hook up can flee is brutal. I gave up around 281 because 750 just felt unobtainable. It's not, of course, but I had enough of the tedium.
Real quick since this is easy: you only need to hook them, not catch them, for unlock progress, but I agree the number is way too high. So I've slashed the unlock requirements. Now the final zone is unlocked after just 150 hooks.
Excellent! That's one big thing that helps a ton. Thank you! Edit - Ope, the task didn't update. I don't mind too much but would love to see that fixed when you get a chance too :)
JUSTICEBEETLE's AvatarJUSTICEBEETLE

woah cool! question tho will the task be updated to fit as well or is that gonna wait for later general task updates?
Chris - he/him - 22 Trade shop - Art shop - Journal TYPE RACE SCORE: 6,149 | Icon official card art (edited by me)
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Good point, the Tasks have been updated, the requirements for the high level tasks have been dropped too, and the Good Rod is now unlocked at 50 captures instead of 100.
PhoenixBirch's AvatarPhoenixBirch
Ok I would like to give my thoughts here too. I think part of the issue with the fishing game is that it is entirely text based until you hook a pokemon. It would be nice if there was a screen where a group of the possible fish you can catch swim around, and you could maybe nudge your rod/boat towards the fish you want to catch. It would stop constant repeat catches and add the excitement of maybe seeing a possible shiny ahead of hooking. I also think the catching part in itself is too repetitive and boring. During a fishing tourney I tried my hand at fishing for the first time and kind of just didn't bother after I completed my goal. I didn't have any interest to continue because I kept hooking the same fish, it would take too long to unlock a new section, and it felt entirely luck based, like there was no strategy. I still don't really understand if I need low strengh or low wrath to catch a pokemon, I just kind of clicked random buttons and eventually threw the ball. It would also be nice to see variants/exclusives in the fishing area, I'm not sure if this is already implemented but I never saw any while giving the game a go for a few hours. I'm also echoing that it would be nice for there to be a chance of catching certain tresures like an occasional pearl or box. Another detail that I think would encourage gameplay is perhaps a weekly tournament specifically for fishing every week, where the top 5 players recieve a prize or something like that. Something that would add a multiplayer/teamwork aspect to the mini game.
  • My Favs!
  • Sikannos!
  • Credit (+ Little Guy)
impish.sei's Avatarimpish.sei

Good point, the Tasks have been updated, the requirements for the high level tasks have been dropped too, and the Good Rod is now unlocked at 50 captures instead of 100.
uuuuuhhhh

Hatched Shinies

glitter glitter, shine so bright

Hatched Albinos

pastel power!

Hatched Melans

heart attack in a purple sparkle

Hatched Eggs

so many eggs.....
9344 pts .
JUSTICEBEETLE's AvatarJUSTICEBEETLE

awesome!! I might even be able to finish that task now HAHA ( doubt it)
Tala-chan's AvatarTala-chan
While I know it's an extremely rare item traded between players now, I always wondered if I could come across them again... Heart Scales! Wouldn't it be neat to fish one up every now and then along with the pokemon? Maybe it could come attached to a shiny (or other special if implemented) as a bonus? Or even by itself! I think it'd also boost market some as well as making extra special trades between friends. Kinda piggybacking on the 'fish up items' addition idea.
Collecting Beads of Ruin for 50-60zc/equiv
Swapping for summon in inventory as well! PM first for big orders pls~
, PM or send trade! Buying/Swapping for Beads here!
Score: 34700
Original by LycanKai, new by NassiLove, icon by Pokefarm
Avatar by BugHusband for my use only!

QUOTE originally posted by impish.sei

uuuuuhhhh
Same thought haha
✩ [ Me
Lex | They/Them pronouns
]
Hunt Chain! 471
✩ [ avatar
Alastor; Hazbin Hotel ep1
]
TR Score: 2451
stand up be strong know right from wrong forever hence
-♫- believe yourself

Pages: 123··· 2829303132

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page