PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

2024 Update Phase 2: The Shelter

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 1234··· 303132

KrysJoy's AvatarKrysJoy
I'm very excited about this update, as I often find I have time to hatch a few more clutches of eggs a day but don't have the resources, even with a Star Pass, to aquire them without shelling out massive amounts of GP at the Supplier. Thank you for helping S/A/M hunters out like this!
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by PhoenixBirch

I like this update, but I am a little bit worried about the adoption limits for Shelter Pass C and B. At the start of the game every egg and pokemon is unknown, that gives new users the ability to adopt one unknown egg and pokemon a day or two unknown pokemon a day. Yes I know the lab is available but ya know.. you can't get everything from the lab. I'm worried that this implementation will kill new player's drive to continue playing the game if they are this limited in the shelter. Would it be possible to implement an adoption pass? (Passes that let someone adopt an egg/pokemon regardless of budget) and maybe give 30 or 40 as a rank reward? Or some alternative that helps new players?
This is correct, and 100% intentional. The Shelter is not intended to be a means to shortcut Dex completion. That's the whole point of this update. The Lab is where you get started with your Dex, the Daycare is where you get regional variants and PFQ-exclusive Variants, then there's Fishing and other features... All of these are currently ignored by many users who just spend all day scouring the Shelter with QOL's "highlight new eggs" feature on.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Pennybell's AvatarPennybell
booo keep it how it issss
PhoenixBirch's AvatarPhoenixBirch

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

I like this update, but I am a little bit worried about the adoption limits for Shelter Pass C and B. At the start of the game every egg and pokemon is unknown, that gives new users the ability to adopt one unknown egg and pokemon a day or two unknown pokemon a day. Yes I know the lab is available but ya know.. you can't get everything from the lab. I'm worried that this implementation will kill new player's drive to continue playing the game if they are this limited in the shelter. Would it be possible to implement an adoption pass? (Passes that let someone adopt an egg/pokemon regardless of budget) and maybe give 30 or 40 as a rank reward? Or some alternative that helps new players?
This is correct, and 100% intentional. The Shelter is not intended to be a means to shortcut Dex completion. That's the whole point of this update. The Lab is where you get started with your Dex, the Daycare is where you get regional variants and PFQ-exclusive Variants, then there's Fishing and other features... All of these are currently ignored by many users who just spend all day scouring the Shelter with QOL's "highlight new eggs" feature on.
So.. to make it clear, you have zero intention of implementing anything to help new players with the shelter?
  • My Favs!
  • Sikannos!
  • Credit (+ Little Guy)
SubBoss Emmet's AvatarSubBoss Emmet
this update sounds really cool!! :D looking forward to the shelter update. can't wait for boosted adopts. [:
Kennith/Emmet - 20 - He/It Working on Pokedex! UTC-4:00
Ingo's Zekrom
My Reshiram
credit
Background art by guest artist Akakura (official artwork) F2U code by Gumshoe Avatar is from official card artwork by illustrator Megumi Mizutoni.
abingy's Avatarabingy
Cool to see the new budget vouchers will cost IP! It's nice that all the ways get extra eggs use different currencies. Also, question about the lowering of the shazi max: does this mean that the average shazi day will be lower too? I forget if the average is just the halfway point between the extrema or if you have it weighted differently
Trade Shop - Summons, S/A, Charm Rentals/Swaps, Egg Supplier Pass Rentals Credits
Avatar made by mewitti of deviantart. Free to use.
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

So.. to make it clear, you have zero intention of implementing anything to help new players with the shelter?
That is correct, and is how it should be.
Coouragee's AvatarCoouragee
boosted adopts, yippee! this coming after the lab buff should be at least, not awful for new players? the only negative impact i can see is it being a pain to fully dex Unowns because of all the different formes there are.
Coouragee • she/they journalfriend multi-profile • type race 735 girl girl girl girl girl
JUSTICEBEETLE's AvatarJUSTICEBEETLE
more eggs for IP? count me interested!
Chris - he/him - 22 Trade shop - Art shop - Journal TYPE RACE SCORE: 6,199 | Icon official card art (edited by me)
Mxrtina's AvatarMxrtina
rip new players hope they can find the will to carry on playing after adopting 1 egg and 1 new pokemon from the shelter
pfp by my friend blake for me only

Pages: 1234··· 303132

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page