PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

2024 Update Phase 2: The Shelter

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 303132

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
As discussed in the main 2024 Updates announcement thread, the time has come for some updates to the Shelter. This update will go live on March 21st - no maintenance period will be needed for this update, it will just happen at some point on that day. I will also be posting updates on our Discord server, so be sure to join us there!
Update 22/Mar at end of post Note that while I use the present tense throughout this post, the update is not yet live. These changes will apply after I press the button on March 21st. Estimated reading time: 3 minutes Shelter updates: - The plain number of adoptions has been replaced with an Adoption Budget. - Different types of adoption cost a different amount of points, based on its state and whether or not it is registered in your Dex: - Adopt a known Pokémon: 1 point - Adopt a known Egg: 2 points - Adopt an unknown Pokémon: 4 points - Adopt an unknown Egg: 6 points Note that you can tell if an Egg or Pokémon is "known" to you by the fact that it shows the name of the species when you hover it. If it's unknown, it just shows "Egg" or "Pokémon" with no name. - Shelter Pass values have been rebalanced: - 6 => 10 - 14 => 20 - 24 => 40 - 36 => 60 80 - 85 => 120 160 - 127 => 240 While earlier versions of the 2024 Update Draft mentioned using 2x as a base, they did not factor in... - The Shelter Budget Boost will be activated, providing a +50% boost to the above Adoption Budget numbers. The effective values with this boost are: - 15 - 30 - 60 - 90 120 - 180 240 - 360 Most of these numbers are 2.5x the original adoption limit, with the ★ pass being worth slightly more than that. If you are only adopting known Eggs, such as for a hunt, then you will see between 25% and 42% more adoptions daily with these new values. Passes B and X are exceptions to this as their numbers were "wonky" before, and so have been adjusted to fall in line. Even then they provide around a 10% increase under the new system. - The Shelter Budget Voucher has been added, which can be redeemed in order to boost your limit for the current day by +10%. This effect may be stacked up to 5 times in a single day for an effective maximum of +50%. This modifier stacks multiplicatively with other modifiers, such as the Shelter Budget Boost and Shazi's Bonus. As this is a modifier and not a fixed gain, changing active Pass (either by buying a new one, or trading one away) will cause the budget boost to be recalculated. These Vouchers can be purchased for 50k Interaction Points each. - To avoid runaway power creep and keep some measure of balance, Shazi's Bonus Counter has been slightly dialled back: the maximum value has been changed from 3x to 2.5x. - Information has been updated. An "Information" panel has been added to the Shelter page, detailing what the Shelter is (and is not) intended for, and guiding new users in particular to more appropriate locations to fill out their Dex that aren't constrained by Budget limits. - The previous owner of a Pokémon or Egg will be shown as part of the information when confirming an adoption.
Thank you for your help and feedback in guiding these updates. I hope you like these changes!
Update 22/March Along with some UI updates, the following adjustments have also been made: - Garthic's Bonus Counter now has a minimum bonus value of +3, up from its previous +1 It used to be +1 because it didn't really matter, but now that IP has more uses, it makes sense to make more of it available to players. - Shelter Pass S and X have been buffed. S went from 60 to 80 base budget points, while X went from 120 to 160. Hope this helps!
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Sedona's AvatarSedona
This is less of a kudos for the current (upcoming?) update, and more of a general kudos - thank you for the estimated reading times in each of these update posts. It makes it a lot easier for me to determine if I have the time to read all of the update or if I need to save it for later. It's a little thing, but it's really nice!

Sedona | They/Them

Aether's Okayest DNC
Sprite Shop Trade shopcredits

credits

Code @RAINB0W Forum Icon @Bonipops on Twitter Signature Pagedoll @Myself Type Race Code @Kieri
Tempura778's AvatarTempura778
I was honestly mulling over whether to buy a Star Pass or not, and after doing the base maths, I think it’s worth it! Hyped for this update (in a week’s time no less)
The fiery gal and good luck charm:
× 42 / 1000
An eventual Melan Munkidori hunt (Not actively buying at the moment) Credit to BlueBlissey for September ‘23 Normal Trophy
saberia12's Avatarsaberia12
Saving for that star pass myself. Thank you Neit!
ProfilePic: made by me for me alone. Aka Credit saberia12 08/29/2021 Collecting for a future hunt
× 5 / 500
Hucklberri's AvatarHucklberri
Why?
First exclusive melan~ Wolf avatar is drawn by me.
Score: 0
Badge Code by LycanKai
Durant's AvatarDurant
I am really excited for this. I was intrigued by how the Shelter Budget Voucher were going to be worth it over daycare voucher/supplier. Them being interaction points is so cool. I can finally use my millions of IP on something
Check out Durant's Shop
satori's Avatarsatori
when the very first announcement about these updates came out, i initially objected to this specific update, but reading it more thoroughly (and seeing the added bonuses) i feel like it's something that will make the game more balanced. i always struggled with hitting the adoption limit, so trading in interaction points (something i'm sure many players don't use as often as other currencies) for a beneficial (yet temporary) upgrade sounds good to me. thank you again for your continued effort in making pfq more accomodating to new(er) users, and for giving this site an enjoyable playing experience!
Noahverse's AvatarNoahverse
I have to say, I was a bit worried when I first read about the planned shelter update, I was a bit worried. I was then still a bit of a newbie who was usually not social on forums and relied on the shelter a lot to complete my Dex (I know, not intended gameplay and all that). Now, I'm happy to see the passes also being nicely rebalanced, and it's all looking really neat! I'm happy my X Pass will be even better while I'm saving up for a Star Pass, and it's real nice to have more uses for interaction points. ^^ Kudos, looking forward to the update :)

Noah | he/they | AuDHD

: 0 pts!
Journal (F2U codes) credits

credits

Code @RAINB0W Forum Icon F2U @MellowKun on Deviantart Divider F2U @hedgehominoid on Deviantart Signature Pagedoll F2U @SquishDemon on Deviantart Shop logo commissionned from Lilieth for my shop
I collect fairy Deltas!
^ My Trade Shop! ^
Raziya's AvatarRaziya
Another way to use my IP? I'm excited for this! Can't wait for it to go live 🥰
Score: 0
team poison march 2024 trophy by teaspoonsoup!
PhoenixBirch's AvatarPhoenixBirch
I like this update, but I am a little bit worried about the adoption limits for Shelter Pass C and B. At the start of the game every egg and pokemon is unknown, that gives new users the ability to adopt one unknown egg and pokemon a day or two unknown pokemon a day. Yes I know the lab is available but ya know.. you can't get everything from the lab. I'm worried that this implementation will kill new player's drive to continue playing the game if they are this limited in the shelter. Would it be possible to implement an adoption pass? (Passes that let someone adopt an egg/pokemon regardless of budget) and maybe give 30 or 40 as a rank reward? Or some alternative that helps new players?
  • My Favs!
  • Sikannos!
  • Credit (+ Little Guy)

Pages: 123··· 303132

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page