PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

PSA: Type Race threads are NOT for trading.

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 1234··· 8910

Enbees's AvatarEnbees

QUOTE originally posted by Mirzam

I kind of understand where you're coming from, but it kind of feels against the spirit and the culture of this site and the type race to restrict that kind of trade. Helping your team members with pairs is not fully altruistic in the context of the type race: a person with a good pair for a Pokemon they really want to hunt is more likely to earn more points, and thus contribute more to the team goal. The trade forum is massively inefficient in comparison. I like helping my team members build pairs, again because it's nice and because it also benefits me, but I'm really not willing to scroll pages and pages in the trade forum looking for my teammates who are trying to get pairs ahead of the race. I think the shiny giveaways and special hatching announcements are way more spammy and less helpful than this kind of trading. My point here isn't that those should be banned, it's just that different people have different goals and opinions on the type race thread, and what's spam to one is cool or helpful to another. Trying to restrict it so strictly just feels kind of disheartening, I'm too worried about what's "allowed" vs having fun in a team activity.
Honestly I have to agree with this, as well as the previous post about what is considered "related." Type race threads often feel... almost unnecessarily limiting when it comes to rules. It can feel a lot like while type race is meant to be a fun, cooperative event, you're limited to posting about specials you've hatched... and that's about it. It would be nice if it felt more genuinely cooperative and social. Wrt a previous post as well, people are extremely sweet and generous when it comes to type race, and it seems unfair to consider asking for help to be begging and not allowed, in my opinion. (At least when it comes to pair making.) Obviously we wouldn't want TR threads to be entirely trades, but it does make it harder to help your teammates to heavily restrict things like this. I think it would at least be helpful if perhaps there were type race categories in the trade forums or something similar to that, so that people could help their teammates without breaking the rules of the thread or getting lost in the general trade forums.
Current Type Race score = 6181
Saving for Memory Stick!
532/200
All art by me.
Rainquail's AvatarRainquail

QUOTE originally posted by PhoenixBirch

I do agree that either rewritting the trade rules or adding a new trade thread would be helpful. However in the mod teams defense, the TR trade rules have always been like this. This is not a new thing at all
But it is the first time they're cracking down on it lol I did not intend to make it seem like I'm blaming them or anything, I just wanted to get my two cents out on a fix as quickly as possible, and didn't think about my wording for too long. This is of course my fault, and part of why I edited a note that while the tone seems harsh, I was not intending to be. Edit: I have literally never been messaged by staff teling me that me making one post offering to help with breeding pairs or offering summons was against the rules before and that I needed to stop. So to me and quite a few others, this is literally coming out of no where and I'm editing this comment instead of making a new one so that me defending myself and what was originally just a suggestion doesn't clog the thread. I'm not trying to sound upset or offended by this interaction, I just was not expecting my initial comment to start a conversation and I'm sorry that what I stated was incorrect. Again, I'm not trying to be resentful or spread animosity, I really only wanted to make a suggestion/ask if that would be something we'd be allowed.
PhoenixBirch's AvatarPhoenixBirch

QUOTE originally posted by Rainquail

I do agree that either rewritting the trade rules or adding a new trade thread would be helpful. However in the mod teams defense, the TR trade rules have always been like this. This is not a new thing at all
But it is the first time they're cracking down on it lol I did not intend to make it seem like I'm blaming them or anything, I just wanted to get my two cents out on a fix as quickly as possible, and didn't think about my wording for too long. This is of course my fault, and part of why I edited a note that while the tone seems harsh, I was not intending to be.
Not trying to start an argument but I mean, in my experience I have always be told if I broke TR trade rules. I don't think this is the first time they're "cracking down on it" they are just making an announcement saying that they keep getting more and more reports. Thats the point of the post
  • My Favs!
  • Sikannos!
  • Credit (+ Little Guy)
WytchyLynx's AvatarWytchyLynx
I understand not wanting to clutter up team threads but I agree this rule feels very restrictive and against the spirit of type race. We are all supposed to work together and that sometimes means needing to do trades that aren't strictly loaned breeding pairs or shelter passes. Can our team leaders make a trade post where members of that team can post replies with what they have for trade? And then team leaders can have it linked in our team thread just as the raffle posts are? This would keep the main team post less "cluttered" but would still give us a space to make trades and with less restrictive rules needed. Is something like that within the rules or could a type race trading category be added as others have mentioned?
Lynx • They/She • 35 • IV Breeder ShopDiscordJournal
maeblythe's Avatarmaeblythe
I actually didn't know about this rule. I feel like being able to ask people if they have unwanted Pokemon for pair building (only one time, not begging) within the thread makes type race more fun, but I'll know not to do that from now on.
Mirzam's AvatarMirzam

Not trying to start an argument but I mean, in my experience I have always be told if I broke TR trade rules. I don't think this is the first time they're "cracking down on it" they are just making an announcement saying that they keep getting more and more reports. Thats the point of the post
This is going to sound way more sarcastic than I really intend, but I guess it depends on mod activity and reports because I'm apparently a flagrant beggar but haven't had my posts deleted in quite a while (I have made posts in several races in the past year to the effect of "looking to complete X pair, if you have spares I'd love one, also willing to shelter hunt in return") I know the classic "well just because you got away with it doesn't mean it's permitted" but idk I'm just upset because I'm not a big chatter but I like the community feeling of the type race, and directly helping or getting help with pairs or helping confused teammates with mechanics questions is really all I post about, so it kind of feels like I'm being told I'm not welcome in the threads :/ (No I'm not trying to be dramatic, and my day won't be ruined if I never join another TR thread, but it was nice and I would miss it. I'm sorry if the language is too strong, I don't want drama, but I do want to express my disappointment and frustration)
InsaneMandii's AvatarInsaneMandii
Just a side question, I've seen multiple people offer albino radars for new players before, and as far as I know it's for keeps. Is that also not allowed under the rules? I'm just looking for clarification here.
Call me Mandii, I use she/her pronouns. Think we should re-look at special rates? Check here Pic by Thunderjaw, template by Moss Dragon, pfp info in journal, depends on image!
Made by Vandi
Qwagsoir's AvatarQwagsoir
seems kinda pointless ngl
miiyv's Avatarmiiyv
feels like this is just meant to restrict fun in the type race threads. maybe it's because i'm dyslexic but this is the first time i'm hearing about this rule. very possible i missed it but this feels like a waste of time to try enforcing. unless it's ACTUAL spam
Sage ✦ he/him ✦ 22 ✦ System
credit
Background from Pokemon TCG Avatar from PMDCollab Gardevoir sprite from Pokemon Reborn, edited by me F2U code by Gumshoe
i havent seen anyone say this so im gonna add this; it seems like it may be taking up more time to deal with reports about something that IMO as long as its done in moderation, isnt a huge problem, when the time could be used for things like bettering the site as a whole or dealing with reports of other kinds. my friend has randomly been hit with it before, so ive known about this rule for a while, but i really havent ever understood the point of it to this day. it just seems like a rule thats taking time and effort away from other points of the site to focus on.. a friendly group of people trading out specials to each other during a type race. it seems like it may even be used for vindictive purposes as people can not report unless they dont get the pokemon they want, and then report the person who got it to get them in trouble.
TR SCORE 3826
credit
Background from AKAT42273008 on twt icon by Doosio flags by spidrenam F2U code by Gumshoe

Pages: 1234··· 8910

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page