PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

PSA: Type Race threads are NOT for trading.

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 12345··· 8910

I don't participate in type race threads much anymore for personal reasons but are we saying that team members asking for help with breeding pairs or the likes is "begging"? That's really gross, imo, if that's the attitude we're going with. If someone's spamming a thread, I get it. But I view it rather unfair to consider one hand comments or asks for help as "begging".
Icon is my fursona
★Drawn by a close friend of mine, used with permission
🎭My Shop🎭
Type Race Score: 1230
TR Credit: Hakano Riku/Guide
Siffrin's AvatarSiffrin
arceus.pngd+.png
I also want to confirm that the shiny / albino hatch announcements are a million times more annoying for me, too. I typically mute the type race threads because that's essentially all I see on them. I'm more than happy to keep notifs on if it's someone offering pairs, or asking to buy summon items, or announcing Pokérus, or even asking for free Pokémon (lord knows I have way too many!!), so long as it IS related to the typerace. I'd wager this means I also broke the rules a few times...? Though it has never been anything but a sidenote attached to a larger message. I HAVE had various warnings sent to me for little things before, all of which I respect and stepped back and altered how I operate on here for. This has never been one of them and hasn't been something I've seen talked about- and I am paranoid about rereading rules. I also am a bit puzzled by why requesting a specific Pokémon is considered begging. That seems like a rather large jump to me, though granted I am not the one sifting through a ton of forum posts a day and it's much less irritating for me to see in passing than others who have to read it constantly. But I see this on people's profiles and trainer cards constantly, so I don't really understand...? What makes it different here, why is it begging and not asking, what makes it unrelated to the type race thread or outside of the spirit of helping... and so on. It is a rule I can follow, but it really doesn't sit right with me. Apologies if this comes off as rude- I'm just, really confused.
He / they PFP from In Stars and Time! Please play it, I cannot sing it enough praises.
Sloane13's AvatarSloane13
master.pnge.png
Everyone here has made their valid points, and I'm not awake enough to type out everything, but I want to put my post in as support for these suggestions

PLEASE listen to these posts

QUOTE originally posted by Mio Xenoblade

just gonna throw my two cents into the ring here as a host - i think the trade rule needs to be reworded, even if you just remove the word "unrelated" from the title or add some extra clarification. there are a lot of arguments to be made for what should and shouldn't be allowed as a "related" trade. for example, why is asking to buy type-matching summon items one time considered unrelated, even if people have to pm to take that offer up? not selling them to other players? i made this mistake due to thinking that summons wouldn't count as an unrelated trade. obviously things like gems, rte mons, shiny charms etc do not benefit the team as a whole - only one person - so i see why they're disallowed. but summons help the team as a whole get more points. as skiddo said, things like egg supplier passes, and other things like the red gigaremo, help the team as a whole get more points. i'm also the type of person that needs everything spelled out exactly for me or i will make mistakes like this and i'm sure i'm not the only one. even if these things are not planned on being allowed, making a definitive list of what is and isn't allowed in a hidebox in the main type race rules thread might be a good idea.

QUOTE originally posted by Mirzam

I kind of understand where you're coming from, but it kind of feels against the spirit and the culture of this site and the type race to restrict that kind of trade. Helping your team members with pairs is not fully altruistic in the context of the type race: a person with a good pair for a Pokemon they really want to hunt is more likely to earn more points, and thus contribute more to the team goal. The trade forum is massively inefficient in comparison. I like helping my team members build pairs, again because it's nice and it's easy and because it also benefits me, but I'm really not willing to scroll pages and pages in the trade forum looking for my teammates who are trying to get pairs ahead of the race. I think the shiny giveaways and special hatching announcements are way more spammy and less helpful than this kind of trading. My point here isn't that those should be banned, it's just that different people have different goals and opinions on the type race thread, and what's spam to one is cool or helpful to another. Trying to restrict it so strictly just feels kind of disheartening, I'm too worried about what's "allowed" vs having fun in a team activity.

QUOTE originally posted by WytchyLynx

I understand not wanting to clutter up team threads but I agree this rule feels very restrictive and against the spirit of type race. We are all supposed to work together and that sometimes means needing to do trades that aren't strictly loaned breeding pairs or shelter passes. Can our team leaders make a trade post where members of that team can post replies with what they have for trade? And then team leaders can have it linked in our team thread just as the raffle posts are? This would keep the main team post less "cluttered" but would still give us a space to make trades and with less restrictive rules needed. Is something like that within the rules or could a type race trading category be added as others have mentioned?

QUOTE originally posted by AstralTrickster

I don't participate in type race threads much anymore for personal reasons but are we saying that team members asking for help with breeding pairs or the likes is "begging"? That's really gross, imo, if that's the attitude we're going with. If someone's spamming a thread, I get it. But I view it rather unfair to consider one hand comments or asks for help as "begging".
spidrenam's Avatarspidrenam
arceus.pngc.png

QUOTE originally posted by Rainquail

Edit: I have literally never been messaged by staff teling me that me making one post offering to help with breeding pairs or offering summons was against the rules before and that I needed to stop. So to me and quite a few others, this is literally coming out of no where and I'm editing this comment instead of making a new one so that me defending myself and what was originally just a suggestion doesn't clog the thread. I'm not trying to sound upset or offended by this interaction, I just was not expecting my initial comment to start a conversation and I'm sorry that what I stated was incorrect. Again, I'm not trying to be resentful or spread animosity, I really only wanted to make a suggestion/ask if that would be something we'd be allowed.
i dont think you said anything wrong tbh!! i can explain why you haven't gotten any staff messages actually: bc of the way the reporting system works, someone would have had to 1) see your rulebreak on the TR thread (which often get multiple replies a day) and 2) care enough to report your individual message to flag it for the mod team. so it genuinely doesn't suprise me that you haven't ever received a message from staff about it cuz most people... don't really think of this rule and try and enforce it via the reporting system i do think that overall, the TR rules need to be reworked to allow more flexibility bcz i do not think its feasible for everyone to go to the trading threads to trade TR specials or help complete breeding pairs even if its not loaning.. n going off of what i got reported for a while back, if my teammate is gifting out specials they hatched during TR, it should be allowed to transpire in the TR thread and is often just easier and more accessible than trying to DM the user offering the specials, again bcz of how fast TR threads often move its nearly impossible to know whether specials are even still available...
g ∙ they he ∙ 21↑ TR Score: 2985 » [The First Step - Will Wood] « 0:00 〇────── 3:19 ↺ |◂ ⏸ ▸| ♥
credit
Background from BSD: Dead Apple promo pfp by Doosio pixel flags by me F2U code by Gumshoe
SeshieLover's Avatarhypermode-12.pngSeshieLover
hypermode.pngarceus.pngb.png

QUOTE originally posted by InsaneMandii

Just a side question, I've seen multiple people offer albino radars for new players before, and as far as I know it's for keeps. Is that also not allowed under the rules? I'm just looking for clarification here.
I have given a few away to new players who don't have one as they only cost a few ip and to me I am not losing anything of value. Giving these to new players means that any new player as long as they charge to lvl 1 everyday has a chance as an albino at the very least. Without an albino radar a new player can't take advantage of the type race albino booster and then as much less intensive to participate in the race. Not a lot of new users even know what z crystals and fragments are so they aren't even bothering with those yet either. As for pair making help I feel this should be limited but still allowed. As again new users don't always have pairs. I have seen many post in my tr teams asking for extra of a team poke with nature /gender/in general to make a pair and if I have them or can find one in the shelter I just send it on over. I have never thought of this as teammates begging just asking for help for something that is team related and helps the team as a whole.
My type racenormal.png5192. My trade thread can be found here
summon_sui.png × 152 / 500 ---value at 20zc-will buy or swap
Avitar Sprite credit Zorualord14
scavengers's Avatarhypermode-12.pngscavengers
booster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngc.png
i really do agree with the other users saying that constant specials posting is way more spammy TO ME than a lot of the trade posts ive seen get bapped recently. don't get me wrong, it does make me super happy to see when people get the specials they want! it's awesome to see that, and it gives me a little joy if im not doing too well myself! i do think type race threads have been getting more spammy recently, too. i mute or don't even bother joining the thread very often anymore. the best middle-ground i could think of is limiting special hatches posts to maybe one each of s/a/m, with a 'heres everything i got!' post allowed towards the end or something. idk, thatd probably be insanely difficult to moderate argh, just kinda thinking out loud i do appreciate pushing out this update making sure people KNOW unrelated trading isn't allowed, but i have to agree with others saying the rule needs an update. as users have been learning new strats supp passes, summons and other seemingly unrelated items have become super important for getting points during type race! i know the mod team is super busy right now, but i think the reaction from the userbase shows that its time to re-check some of the rules and re-evaluate how relevant or outdated some of them are.
pfp is pixel art, done by me! its my little alien hyena fella so cutest tiepnsy
Canis's AvatarCanis
arceus.pngd.png
I have to agree with a lot of what other users stated in this thread. When I think of a team, I think of sharing resources, boosting morale, and helping each other out. The fact that asking for help with something related to the challenge (asking for Pokémon for breeding pairs for Type Race, etc.) is considered begging is a bit strange to me. As well as the fact that most of what we can post about without breaking the rules are the specials we've hatched; it seems very restrictive and isolating. I understand why those rules are in place and that it's meant to keep everything organized, and I don't mean for any of this to come off as rude. I just wanted to share my thoughts.
Jonah 23 She/her I collect ice.png deltas. I like naïve natured Pokémon. Icon: Dungeon Meshi. Journal.
credit
Lucifer's AvatarLucifer
arceus.pnge+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Mirzam

[snip] The trade forum is massively inefficient in comparison. I like helping my team members build pairs, again because it's nice and it's easy and because it also benefits me, but I'm really not willing to scroll pages and pages in the trade forum looking for my teammates who are trying to get pairs ahead of the race. [snip]
This literally happened to me this TR! I posted in the trade forum a while ago looking for Impish Gala Zigzagoons and got a grand total of 1 reply. I ended up just hoping to find one in a free field thread, but no luck.
  • About Me
  • Legendary Hunts
  • Credits
Kat/Rook ♥ Xe/they
summon_dce.pngh.pngDiancie Hunth.pngsummon_dce.png
summon_tle.pngt.pngTapu Lele Huntt.pngsummon_tle.png
Ficto-Omnisexual pride flag combination banner by me Type Race Banner, Gen IV mimic Fairy Type, & Coding by me Avatar by Rakeish
v-psychic.png9.png16609.pngv-psychic.png
ETV331's Avatarhypermode-12.pngETV331
hypermode.pngarceus.pnge+.png
Good evening! Assuming that rule four of the type race forum rules is not changing, would it be possible to add clarifying information to the rule? When I first saw this announcement, I was confused as to how I misunderstood the rule, as I have studied each one thoroughly in preparation to attempt TR leadership. The title itself says "unrelated trades", which in my mind went "trades unrelated to the type race". So for example, asking for a currency exchange, because this has absolutely nothing to do with the type race. Of course when you read the actual rule there is more detail. It does say "do not conduct trades except for xyz." Then it hit me as to why I misunderstood this rule. Until this moment I had considered a trade, a lend, and a gift to be 3 completely different things, and in this announcement you have clarified that a trade (exchanging one good for another), a lend (temporarily gifting an item with intention of receiving the item at a later time), and a gift (sending an item with no intention of receiving any return) are all considered "trades" in the context of this rule. I had previously understood that the rule meant to prevent using the thread to "make money" for yourself, prevent very obvious spam, and keep the thread cleaner. But now I get that the rule is meant to separate any type of transaction from the type race forum with exception for a few very specific transactions. Back to my original request, something like a small amendment that says something along the lines of "except for the exact trades listed above, absolutely no trades, lending, or gifts of any kind are allowed in Type Race Forums. For example, trades such as giving away lucky eggs or swapping live charms for dead ones, even if there is no fee charged, are not allowed in these threads." would have made the exact rules much clearer to me. Thank you for reading this block of text.
Take care of yourself. Mental health matters! PFP by Silver Raven. Need a mass clicklist for your Type Race? Check out my journal!
Score: 2590
Badge by LycanKai
selocon's Avatarselocon
elite.pngc.png
TBH I think that anything that is directly related to the TR--whether asking to trade/buy summons, asking for pairs, lending shelter/suppleir passes, etc.--should be allowed in the team thread. Not only is the trade forum inefficient, it's also prone to others jumping in. If I want to sell my S/A pokes from the race to only my team members I either have to verify they're on my team or remember who they are. And I have to specify this in the thread and oftentimes people don't fully read.
Avatar by the best lizard ever, Bananalizard #standwithEMS #ELM
Score: 0

Pages: 12345··· 8910

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page