PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in PSA: Type Race threads are NOT for trading.

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > PSA: Type Race threads are NOT for trading. >

Enbees's AvatarEnbees

QUOTE originally posted by Mirzam

I kind of understand where you're coming from, but it kind of feels against the spirit and the culture of this site and the type race to restrict that kind of trade. Helping your team members with pairs is not fully altruistic in the context of the type race: a person with a good pair for a Pokemon they really want to hunt is more likely to earn more points, and thus contribute more to the team goal. The trade forum is massively inefficient in comparison. I like helping my team members build pairs, again because it's nice and because it also benefits me, but I'm really not willing to scroll pages and pages in the trade forum looking for my teammates who are trying to get pairs ahead of the race. I think the shiny giveaways and special hatching announcements are way more spammy and less helpful than this kind of trading. My point here isn't that those should be banned, it's just that different people have different goals and opinions on the type race thread, and what's spam to one is cool or helpful to another. Trying to restrict it so strictly just feels kind of disheartening, I'm too worried about what's "allowed" vs having fun in a team activity.
Honestly I have to agree with this, as well as the previous post about what is considered "related." Type race threads often feel... almost unnecessarily limiting when it comes to rules. It can feel a lot like while type race is meant to be a fun, cooperative event, you're limited to posting about specials you've hatched... and that's about it. It would be nice if it felt more genuinely cooperative and social. Wrt a previous post as well, people are extremely sweet and generous when it comes to type race, and it seems unfair to consider asking for help to be begging and not allowed, in my opinion. (At least when it comes to pair making.) Obviously we wouldn't want TR threads to be entirely trades, but it does make it harder to help your teammates to heavily restrict things like this. I think it would at least be helpful if perhaps there were type race categories in the trade forums or something similar to that, so that people could help their teammates without breaking the rules of the thread or getting lost in the general trade forums.
Current Type Race score = 6331
Saving for Memory Stick!
532/200
All art by me.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page