PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Another Account Breach Incident

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 567

Enbees's AvatarEnbees

QUOTE originally posted by BrothyBear

This reminds me of when I found an Albino Lurantis named "Sprout" in the Shelter Back in September I contacted the Person who Released it, even sent a trade but i havent heard from them Since The person's name is "the Squidlyparade" Their party and fields are completely Empty
I'm sure it's possible that was a similar incident, but I wouldn't be surprised if that person simply decided to quit playing. I've seen quite a few people who no longer wanted to play choose to release all of their pokemon into the shelter! Iirc, there was a user at one point who did exactly that with their melans in particular, so that people would get nice surprises in the shelter!

QUOTE originally posted by Methos

Unlike the previous account breach incident, we do not intend to reveal the usernames of the two accounts involved. Neither account belonged to the thief or thieves. Rather, they were logging in to someone else's inactive account to use as a patsy. The accounts are thus additional victims rather than the actual perpetrators.
Can I suggest that this info be added to the original post, just in case someone doesn't read this far into the thread? I know I personally already discovered one of the accounts that was being used by the thief, so I don't believe it's particularly difficult to find them, and having the fact that the "main accounts" were also stolen somewhere it can easily be seen could likely reduce any ill will towards someone who is also a victim!
Current Type Race score = 0
Saving for Memory Stick!
352/200
All art by me.

QUOTE originally posted by Enbees

This reminds me of when I found an Albino Lurantis named "Sprout" in the Shelter Back in September I contacted the Person who Released it, even sent a trade but i havent heard from them Since The person's name is "the Squidlyparade" Their party and fields are completely Empty
I'm sure it's possible that was a similar incident, but I wouldn't be surprised if that person simply decided to quit playing. I've seen quite a few people who no longer wanted to play choose to release all of their pokemon into the shelter! Iirc, there was a user at one point who did exactly that with their melans in particular, so that people would get nice surprises in the shelter!

Unlike the previous account breach incident, we do not intend to reveal the usernames of the two accounts involved. Neither account belonged to the thief or thieves. Rather, they were logging in to someone else's inactive account to use as a patsy. The accounts are thus additional victims rather than the actual perpetrators.
Can I suggest that this info be added to the original post, just in case someone doesn't read this far into the thread? I know I personally already discovered one of the accounts that was being used by the thief, so I don't believe it's particularly difficult to find them, and having the fact that the "main accounts" were also stolen somewhere it can easily be seen could likely reduce any ill will towards someone who is also a victim!
Perhaps a better idea is to release ttactics that the their may be using and how to counteract said tactics.
Avatar made by my good friend SeventhSeraph https://pokefarm.com/user/SeventhSeraph
Score: 0

QUOTE originally posted by Peacefulinvasion

QUOTE originally posted by Enbees

Perhaps a better idea is to release ttactics that the their may be using and how to counteract said tactics.
I think I read in the original account breach post that the thief mostly guesses at weak passwords. Something simple like "0000" for example. That's why most are recommending use password managers to create random, strong passwords
Star | She/Her | Psychopath
BORED TO DEATH!!
Collecting
x 500 x 500
Sells a variety of things!
Credits
Full credits here. PFP => Salty_Lightning on Pinterest Button => Kaelwolfur
LadyCelia's AvatarLadyCelia
I use 2FA on my account, but I certainly hope it wasn't one of the ones that was used. I say this because I forget about this place...a lot. Aheh.
User icon found on Avatar Abyss and is done by Alpha System. Psst, I'm female. :D "If you feel yourself hitting up against your limit, remember for what cause you clench your fists... remember why you started down this path, and let that memory carry you beyond your limit." ~~All Might (Best dad. Plus Ultra!!)
ShadyPsyduck's AvatarShadyPsyduck
I'm glad that's not me. :D
  • 🤓
  • 🦆
  • 🪙
  • Credit🎮
(I'm smart enough not to do this, so here's something cool... (~ ̄▽ ̄)~ Cool, right?)
Duck lover irl.
I will buy Gimmighoul coins, but...

... thats rather alarming. is it even possible to track down the "hackers" then? (if there if a way, I'm assuming it will require backtracking and a lot of time) tbh, they might not even have an account here.
GIF from Murder Drones EP. 5
credit
Background from Doraemon F2U code by Gumshoe

Pages: 123··· 567

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page