PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Kalos Recolours

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 43444546

RoyaLotad's AvatarRoyaLotad
My melan Noibat, now Mega Noivern Q, was my first melan on this site. Pleased to say I'm very happy with the changes, the colours are much more distinct.
shattered psych oct '23 win | made by @Cryst
Score: 6632
Original by LycanKai, new by NassiLove, icon by Pokefarm
Profile pic is gift art from my good friend Shiny_Mod on Twitter!
BedfastStun's AvatarBedfastStun
Whilst I much prefer the original sprite, with it's short, stubby limbs kept close to it's body, I do think the new Helioptile is cute. However, I feel that the eyes on the new sprite make it look a bit cross-eyed. Even though the placement of the pupils in the iris are the same in both sprites, I think that the original sprite had more rounded irises that filled out more of the eyeball, which gave the impression that it was looking forward, as the player looked at it from an angle, whilst the new sprite conveys the same viewing angle from the player however makes it look cross-eyed. I am a fan of the new Noibat sprite, the linework is really nice and I like that the little things below it's eyes are more pronounced. However I much prefer the old Albino colors. The peach and cream colors of the original Albino were really unique and whilst they were the last colors I would expect on a Noibat, I feel that they really worked. The new Albino colors, whilst they aren't bad, feel like a bit of a downgrade to me, as they take away the uniqueness of the original colors. Aside from those two things, I think this is a pretty good batch.

Silly Little Yellow Bird Hunt

× 17 / 500
Avatar is from an old UK Road Safety AD called "King of the Road"
I adore shiny noibat's coloring so I'm in love with the new albino line, I like the pale mint color reflecting the green tones the shiny has.
Honey Bunny's AvatarHoney Bunny
I'm in love with the new sprites for the noibat line it looks really good with the mega I own I have the previous sprite in the dress up
Pfp from Pfq
PhoenixBirch's AvatarPhoenixBirch
Dissapointed that Hawlucha and Noibat got desaturated like every other albino that gets a recolor now but whatever, I can hardly tell. I don't see the necessity of color palates needing to change with sprite rework since it just feels like it devalues the sprite. I think the arguments against NOT using a poll on the issue of using a new color on a pokemon are pointless, and I still think we should use a poll on deciding this stuff. Even if a minority is disappointed at the result, we can be satisfied knowing that the fan base was at least listened to. The new Spritzee sprite is nice though, didn't even know that it was supposed to be winking in the old one until I compared them.
  • My Favs!
  • Sikannos!
  • Credit (+ Little Guy)
not complainging, just wondering why sometimes we get the in post review/preview of the new sprites and seomtimes we dont? XD off to hunt them down in my fields
BabyLixy's AvatarBabyLixy
I miss my pink albino Noibat 🥹 but the mint is nice too
Shoppe Lixy's Little Shoppe Summons, Shinies/Albinos, BoxBoxes, Egg Dexing & More! Avatar ~ Albino Shinx from PFQ Wiki 🐾
× 135 / 1500
× 8 / 1500
Type Race Score = 3089
Shirarisun's AvatarShirarisun
ok so maybe i misinterpreted something here, but reading thru the posts, it was stated that the current batch of mons wouldn't have new recolors, just retouched sprites,

QUOTE originally posted by Shazi

The remainder of the region that we passed over in the waves will be coming soon. We are hoping to bring a refresh to current recolours (not new ones) of the remaining Pokemon by the end of August to wrap up the end of the Kalos region. The remainder of the region includes, Litleo, Furfrou, Skiddo, Spritzee. Helioptile, Hawlucha, Phantump, Bergmite, Noibat and Goomy so please look forward to those!

QUOTE originally posted by Shazi

you are correct, the colours (as they are currently) will not be changing on furfrou [being one of the mons intended for the retouch update] we will just be tweaking what is there to be clearer or easier to read
and yet the noibat line got new colors? not saying these are bad recolors or anything but i'm just a bit confused as to why these guys have new colors when it seems it was stated previously they wouldn't (and the others in this batch seem to match the old colors they had as well?)
shira//any pronouns//-4 server time hunt journal
Collecting Teal Masks for future Ogerpon hunt! (1 so far)

pfp source | sprites from kirby super star
Walking Wake's AvatarWalking Wake
IMO New Albino Noivern looks better. The last one was kind a meh.. I jokingly called it spoiled milk, but now it's actually tolerable to look at.
0/1020
Zestycat's AvatarZestycat
I cling to the idea that one day when I'm old enough I can help make sprites and maybe if I'm really lucky, be one of the legendary modifier icons.. been holding onto this for 4 years , love the team, love the game. thanks for everything you all do
Hey there! My name is Seby :3 I have an Art shop: https://pokefarm.com/forum/thread/412739/Seby-s-art-shop I would love if you got a commission from me!

Pages: 123··· 43444546

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page