PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Halsey's AvatarHalsey
Suggestion Title: Sign Ups for Type Race Suggestion Summary: Weekly Tournaments use sign-ups for the people who want to participate. I propose that the Type Race do the same Positive points: Teams would be roughly equally balanced with the same number of active players intending on participating. It would cut back on teams being put a a disadvantage just because its assigned members are inactive/not participating. It might also increase team spirit and enthusiasm due to a higher concentration of dedicated type racers (?) Negative points: Lots, potentially. It could be hard/annoying/not worth it to code (idk). It could damage the concept of the Type Race being a community event (such as the Mass Click Weekends, which don't require signups). Players who miss the signup period wouldn't be able to participate. It's possible that there isn't really a problem to solve either, since there are so many players on Pokefarm that the difference between active/participating players between teams is negligable (although based on the current hatch numbers 4 and a half hours in it seems like one player makes a huge difference). This randomization might also be intended to add an extra factor to the game. There are probably other negative points as well. Reason For Consideration: I think it is worthwhile to consider because its possible that randomization giving certain teams fewer active, participating players gives those teams an unfair disadvantage. no pressure or anything, just think it might be something to think about if you guys haven't already! sorry if it's already been posted/rejected, I couldn't find a thread for it
Progress to legendary hunt: Kyogre
Profile picture drawn by me
81/500
SUNNELIØN's AvatarSUNNELIØN
No support.

QUOTE originally posted by Halsey

Weekly Tournaments use sign-ups for the people who want to participate. I propose that the Type Race do the same
The two aren't comparable. MCW doesn't have sign-ups, so the Type Races shouldn't. Weekly Tournaments happen every week, while these are only once a month. I don't see why it would hurt to be auto signed up anyways.
S U N N E L I O N sunne ☀ they/them ☀ 21 ☀ 1967
S U N N E L I O N my shop art shop
S U N N E L I O N pfp: me sig img: norowa code: altered
Parafox's AvatarParafox
No support from me either. Activeness is by far not the only random part of this event. In fact it does feel "all random" for me. So much even that the whole thing comes back down to the dedication of every single active player. (No joke, the dedication of my team is crazy! I've only just woken up and there are already players on my team out of shelter adoptions for today.)
My username used to be Fuchsfee. Just call me Fox.
All images used for avatar and signature are recolors by me. Typerace icon made by myself. Only official game sprites used.
Torterra's AvatarTorterra
Support. It does seem imbalanced somehow. If we put in sign-ups, it'll definitely help even the balance between teams. Some teams will have more active players than other teams. In a sign-up, at least the system will have an idea of who's interested, that way it can start balancing things. Sorry if I don't make sense. I should refrain from using the forums before sleeping. o.o

QUOTE originally posted by sunneliøn

No support.

QUOTE originally posted by Halsey

Weekly Tournaments use sign-ups for the people who want to participate. I propose that the Type Race do the same
The two aren't comparable. MCW doesn't have sign-ups, so the Type Races shouldn't. Weekly Tournaments happen every week, while these are only once a month. I don't see why it would hurt to be auto signed up anyways.
It happens once a month for every week. I'm sure that's what you meant though.
Credits
Profile Picture made by Toast Cat. Used with Permission. Signature made by Wardove
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Declined. For a large enough sample, the teams are balanced. During development numbers were checked and user activity had a less than 5% effect on team composition. This is because the randomness actually works.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page