PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Scale Type Race points based on egg EXP

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 12

Sneakadink's AvatarSneakadink
I understand this cannot be feasibly implemented this race - please do not assume I am asking for such. I was shocked to see that one egg is worth one point, flat, for this event. This poses an obvious problem; Types with fast-hatching species have a large advantage. Two hours into this first race and we can see evidence of this already. The top five teams are all types with eggs that hatch with less than the standard 5120 EXP: Grass, Electric, Bug, Water, and Psychic (Grass's lead is admittedly aided along by the V~Wave, but they would still be doing well in theory even without it). Ice, which has no eggs under 5120 EXP, is in dead last with only 2/3rds the points the next team up has. I propose that score earned is proportionate to the EXP of the egg hatched. A Totodile should count for four times the score that a Magikarp does, since Totodile eggs require four times the EXP. This could be done by simply making score equal to the EXP divided by 5120, which would make a 5120 Egg worth 1, a 10240 egg worth 2, a 1280 egg worth .25, etc. The only drawback is that the division could result in long, ugly decimals - round it to the nearest hundreth if you need to. This will help even things out so certain teams don't naturally pull ahead in future races. As a kicker, it would also allow participants to hatch whichever Pokemon of the appropriate type they prefer and still (potentially) contribute equally to someone hatching that type's fastest egg.
iOlrickx's AvatariOlrickx

QUOTE originally posted by iOlrickx

I'd say wait until the event finishes before claiming whether or not certain types have an 'unfair' advantage. Not only is there several ways to boost how much EXP you get per click but there's also adoption limits. There's plenty of people that could hatch 5-10k EXP eggs quicker than most can hatch those 1-3k EXP eggs.
I'll just quote myself from the event thread. As for the current standings, the event has only been active for 3 hours, not everyone will have had a chance to get on and contribute towards their team yet, you can't really use that to judge anything at this point. Plus, is it really that big of a deal? It's only a Large Gem, you'll be able to make multiple of them if you hatch enough eggs.
Other
• Current Type Race 9,509

I'd say wait until the event finishes before claiming whether or not certain types have an 'unfair' advantage. Not only is there several ways to boost how much EXP you get per click but there's also adoption limits. There's plenty of people that could hatch 5-10k EXP eggs quicker than most can hatch those 1-3k EXP eggs.
I'll just quote myself from the event thread. As for the current standings, the event has only been active for 3 hours, not everyone will have had a chance to get on and contribute towards their team yet, you can't really use that to judge anything at this point. Plus, is it really that big of a deal? It's only a Large Gem, you'll be able to make multiple of them if you hatch enough eggs.
Sorry if I came across as if I were making a big deal out of it - badge distribution and the V~Wave make the whole thing a bit of a coin flip, and the better reward is given to everyone participating, so I never considered it a dealbreaker. On the other hand, I think it will be a more interesting event if it doesn't lean towards certain types every month, which it almost certainly will under the current circumstances. Shelter adoption limits are difficult to hit if you have a good shelter pass and/or on Shazi days. If you do hit it, it's possible to use the Supplier or Daycare Passes to get more eggs - and the Supplier is pretty cheap. In particular, the faster-hatching eggs I'm talking about are cheaper at the supplier, so this strategy is even more applicable to those types.
jarjarkai's Avatarjarjarkai
Or, perhaps, we use this first type race, along with maybe the next one, to judge which team/teams is overall behind the MOST and maybe give them some sort of a boost? Perhaps, a larger number of players are put onto their team, or they gain extra experience for their eggs.
You weren't, I just mean I don't see the any reason to care about if some teams can hatch eggs quicker. The main prize is earned by simply taking part and completing the community goal so everyone wins regardless. We won't know if it does learn towards certain types until the event is finished and we can see the final standings. It might even take multiple to get a reasonable amount of data to judge it. With my badges, HM and other bonuses in play, I can hatch a 5k Fire type quicker than the average user with no HM and no/low tier badges can hatch Magikarp or any 2k egg. Most of them will probably even struggle to hit that 50 points currently. It isn't going to be fair on them if suddenly their eggs only gave them quarter of a point each and made it even harder to contribute anything to their teams or earn an item themselves. I'd say 1 point per egg is as fair as you're going to get it really.
Lørentius's AvatarLørentius
There's a huge flaw to this. Let's say Magikarp eggs give out 1 point each, and Deino eggs give out 10 points each (no ugly decimals). Assuming that both players have the Shelter Pass ★ and have both maxed it out for the day at 127 egg adoptions, the Magikarp hunter will have 127 points, while the Deino hunter will have 1,270. That's incredibly unfair. As mentioned before, the scaling could put more people onto teams with eggs that require more EXP, or give some kind of EXP boost for teams that are lagging behind.
Lore/Lorentius | They/them Avatar by feshnie on dA | 58881 Nanabs

With my badges, HM and other bonuses in play, I can hatch a 5k Fire type quicker than the average user with no HM and no/low tier badges can hatch Magikarp or any 2k egg. Most of them will probably even struggle to hit that 50 points currently. It isn't going to be fair on them if suddenly their eggs only gave them quarter of a point each and made it even harder to contribute anything to their teams or earn an item themselves. I'd say 1 point per egg is as fair as you're going to get it really.
The chance of one team being comprised of only players without those bonuses is pretty low. You can't assume that nobody on a team with low-EXP eggs will have hypermode, good badges, a Pokemon matching the eggs they're hatching, etc. Likewise, you can't assume everyone on a team with slow-hatching eggs will have those bonuses - it's even more unfair for them.

QUOTE originally posted by Lørentius

Assuming that both players have the Shelter Pass ★ and have both maxed it out for the day at 127 egg adoptions, the Magikarp hunter will have 127 points, while the Deino hunter will have 1,270. That's incredibly unfair.
Maxing out a ★ Pass - or even an X Pass - requires an insane amount of dedication on days without Niet's counter. And as I mentioned in another post, it's fairly cheap to use the supplier to keep eggs rolling in once you've maxed it out, especially for the faster-hatching eggs, which happen to be cheaper. This wouldn't be a problem for a significant number of people.
Halsey's AvatarHalsey
This introduces another problem: it wouldn't actually allow people hatching higher EHP eggs to contribute the same amount as people hatching lower EHP eggs, it would allow people hatching higher EHP eggs to contribute more, because a user with 40 shelter adoptions (for example) would be able to contribute 10x the points hatching 40 ~10,000 eggs than a user with 40 shelter adoptions hatching 40 magikarps. So it would turn into skewing people towards spending as much time as possible hatching the largest eggs possible, instead of trying to hatch the most eggs. It would do the exact opposite of what you're trying to avoid. Also, it would cause people to spend more and more and more time on this event than it would be now where you can spend enough time to hatch all your adoptions and then go do other things. So people with jobs and school would be monumentally less valuable to a team than they are now. I also like how the current system includes several elements of randomness to determine if you're going to be on a contending team or not: EHPs of your type, V~Waves, etc. It works so, no support
Progress to legendary hunt: Kyogre
Profile picture drawn by me
81/500

QUOTE originally posted by Halsey

I also like how the current system includes several elements of randomness to determine if you're going to be on a contending team or not: EHPs of your type, V~Waves, etc.
The problem with this mentality and the current system is the types disadvantaged by it will become known as the types that "can't win". Players who get put on a type that is less likely to win will be more likely to stop trying after reaching the personal goal, hurting event participation on the whole in the long run. The shelter adoption limit problem is the lesser of two evils. There's nothing wrong with a bit of RNG influencing which team will win, but giving teams a consistent month-to-month advantage is the opposite of random. Your argument would work better if individuals were given a random type, then were randomly mixed into teams independent of type - but I assume most people would be against that.
How do you know if any teams have a consistent advantage? We're 5 hours into the first time this event has ever ran. Wait until more people become active and realise the event is actually on, you'd be surprised how many users didn't know how to check what team they were on. I'm going to disagree with the 'insane amounts of dedication' comment, I don't struggle to max my * pass out regardless of EXP. I maxed it out daily while hunting Bonsly, I've maxed it out while hunting eggs such as Eevee and Dratini before. I would have a huge advantage if you earned points based on EXP and so would a lot of other higher ranking/more active users. I still feel 1 egg = 1 point is the closest you're going to get to it being fair for everyone. Making points based on EXP would just result in it being even more unfair than you already claim it to be.

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page