PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

stacking items for trading!

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

aestym's Avataraestym
hello!! clean and simple: the ability to stack items in trades. say, you just bought 100 small gems from somebody. great! but now they have to send 20 trades to you (unless they give the pokemon they're sending a gem also, which you are now receiving 6 gems per trade, but that's still 15+ i believe) and you are watching them. struggling. clicking 'Send Trade/Gift' on your profile again and again. your inbox is blowing up. you are trying to accept these trades as fast as you can... pros: - lot more efficient! less consumed time on the trader(s), less blown up inboxes! - probably not hard to code? i'm no coder though so somebody correct me if i'm wrong cons: - i, personally, can't really see any cons with this? my ears are open, however, if i'm missing something! note: i was thinking a max stack could be something like: 50-100? (not sure if this tidbit is necessary but i didn't wanna come off expecting the mods to add 999 max stacks with five slots available)
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
You can already stack gems, for a cost. This cost is reasonable: do you want to spend a gem, or spend a bunch of time? This kind of trade-off is fundamental to game balance.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
aestym's Avataraestym
i guess i just don't really understand that mindset? why wouldn't you want to make something more accessible/easier for your users? not trying to start an argument, of course! i'm just confused?
Morzone's AvatarMorzone
Niet didn't say No to the suggestion, he was just noting your example already had a way of "stacking" and a such it might be good idea to offer different examples as to why it would be a good idea to be able to stack items in trades. Anway, I'm going going to note that being able to send mass amounts of items in trades has been rejected before, usually on the basis that it's too much of a liability if someone else gets into your account and steals your stuff. With the current 5 items per trade (6 if you let the pokemon hold one) you can send items pretty efficiently.
Avatar was created for me, the sprite in the avatar was made by WriterRaven
Score: 0
aestym's Avataraestym
thank you for explaining! another reason why it would be a good suggestion (and why i didn't mention this before because it's kind of personal and i didn't want to sound like i was trying to get brownie points over it) is because, for people like me, who are obsessive and compulsive, who get overwhelmed easily, who have anxiety and feel guilty somebody is spending so much time trying to send This One Item, you just wish there was another way!! does that make sense? it's why i said 'accessible' along with 'easier'. i didn't want to sound like i was a spoiled teenager with their newest iphone, upset because it wasn't the right color. does that also make sense? haha tl;dr it would help me and other mentally ill & autistic people who work like me! a lot of mentally ill & autistic people use this website to as means to calm down, find something else to focus on, to cope, you know? i tried to word that as professionally as i could without sounding demanding or like i was trying to gain sympathy, if i failed, let me know & i apologize!
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Yeah, I don't think the autistic argument is gonna work here. Not with so many such people on staff, including myself, and we've never seen any issue with the current system. Anything that saves time must come at some kind of cost. That's how balance works.

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page