PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Chat Ping Notification Suggestion

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Aurorasaur's AvatarAurorasaur
Suggestion Title: Chat Ping Notification Suggestion Suggestion Summary: So, I'm rather new to the game [and liking it alot so far] but one thing ive noticed is that while the ping sound goes off when someone has said something in your ping list, it doesn't highlight the tab, and if you're like me [with your computer sound off all the time] sometimes you miss pings because you can't hear them and there is no other form of notification. Of course, adding a tab highlighter would be a small change, and certainly not priority in light of other important things like updates and bug fixes, but I thought it was worth mentioning. Positive points: Users who are currently out of the room when recieving a ping will still be aware that their name, or other such ping phrases, was said in chat because their tab will be highlighted or flashing, indicating they have been pinged. Similar situations also apply for users who have their computer sound off. Negative points: This may provide distracting for people who are in other tabs, doing other things like reading or playing games or some such, though other than this I cannot think of any cons to this. Reason For Consideration: As I've said before, I have my computer sound off because my speakers are broken and emit this terrible sound whenever I have them unmuted, so when I'm pinged in chat and I'm in another tab, I miss it completely. I also think it will generally just be better for people who prefer a quiet form of notifying them when they have been pinged, purely because the ping notification sound does startle quite often in chat xD Thank you for reading- I apologize if a similar idea has already been declined or suggested, but I haven't seen any threads like it so far, and I thought it was worth mentioning. **I also really hope this wasn't too long... I'm terribly sorry if it is!
I probably have no clue what I'm doing but hopefully that's okay. Here's my unofficial art shop! Here's my PMD RP! And here's a story I'm writing!
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
It is not possible to highlight the tab, so...
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Oh! Gosh I'm sorry then, I've just noticed similar mechanics on other sites like this so I wasn't aware it wasn't possible >_>" Don't mind me then! Edit: And when I said to highlight the tab I meant like, the tab flashes a bit until the person goes to the tab to see what pinged them, kind of like how facebook works? minus the little number that hops on the tab when you get a message v.v I wasn't sure how to phrase it any other way really...
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
I know what you meant. It's not possible.
err >_>" sorry then, I wasn't aware...

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page