PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Spinda's Spots (Unneeded, locked)

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Nefrès's AvatarNefrès
elite.png
In light of what is being done with Flabebe, I think it would be awesome to see the same principle applied to Spinda. I miss its spots, haha. I know it's not an option to do this the same way as it is in the games, where spots are put down based on the Pokemon's semi-unique personality value. (I say semi-unique, but there's a 1/4 000 000 chance of two Pokemon having the same one) That can't be done, but I think it would be awesome if there were several (20? The exact number doesn't matter) different pre-set spot patterns for Spinda, and one was randomly chosen upon hatching. People could collect all the patterns, or just be surprised by the ones they did get! Of course this isn't high-priority. I just think it would be something cool to see down the road. I know the Spinda Spot thing has been suggested before, at least on Pokefarm 1, but that was with the spots being fully randomized. I just thought "If it can be done with Flabebe, why not Spinda?" What do you guys think?
Avatar cropped from a piece I commissioned from my friend, the lovely lickfoot on tumblr.
Kira the Cat's AvatarKira the Cat
champion.pnge+.png
Personally I think the same could, if it hasn't already been planned to, be done for Spinda. I like Spinda and I love collecting them for their spots because there are just so many combinations of them and it's always a nice little surprise to see a different spot pattern. That said, I support this.
Art Credits:
Avatar created with the Catlike Icon Maker website. It is free to use.
Wanna Battle?
Pokemon under level 30 will be refused. Train up and come at me :3
Blank Banshee's AvatarBlank Banshee
retiredstaff.pngace.pnge.png
Oh man, the amount of spriting work that would be required... We only have three spriters, and having 20 sprites for Spinda? Sorry, I just don't see this happening anytime in the near future. (plus the bug reports, oh god the bug reports)
Nefrès's AvatarNefrès
elite.png
Oh my... I know that would definitely be a lot of work, which is why I said I don't think this will be implemented soon. It's just something I would love to see... you know, eventually. The spriters have enough work right now, after all. Maybe in a year? I understand you guys have a lot of your plates. [magic-conch shell voice]: Maybe someday. But.. I'll admit I didn't think about bug reports. Oh dear.
Kira the Cat's AvatarKira the Cat
champion.pnge+.png
Yeah...now that Ravyne mentions it, it would be a lot of work for the sprite team and the bug reports to come in would probably top the ones for the Kalos derps and the Vulpix ones combined.
Petaminx's AvatarPetaminx
elite.png
I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding this suggestion but spinda already have random spots. I remember Niet mentioning that somewhere but I can't find where. The spots are programmed to be at random locations (not manually sprited and randomly chosen from a set). Two of my spinda:
Nefrès's AvatarNefrès
elite.png
Uh... wow. I had no idea! I guess I never noticed Niet saying this! Well, if that's the case, I'm locking this, as the suggestion isn't necessary. Thanks for the info, Petaminx~
Blank Banshee's AvatarBlank Banshee
retiredstaff.pngace.pnge.png
...And then, the moment when you didn't even realize something about the site you mod on. That's pretty cool it's implemented! I'll uh...just boot this over to completed, then. Nothing to see here, folks.

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page