PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Searchable titles in forums

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

SolaUmbra's AvatarSolaUmbra
I would like to ask if we could possibly get a way to search the threads and forums for a certain keyword or something to that point to weed through and find certain things that we want to find. Such as in the trade forums where you would want to find gem trades, just type gem trades and it would show all posts for trades with that in the title.
sauriel's Avatarsauriel
Already Rejected Edit: about 7 times already actually. I won't link them all though.
Check out some of my links below!
Code: Sauriel | Art: Xaandiir
A bit more information than that thread has:

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

There is a big issue with something like this, and here's the example I like to use for it. Let's say you want to search the Trade forums. You're trying to get a... let's say Beast Ball, since those are flying around right now. So you search Beast Ball, right? Well... how would the search tell the difference between "Selling Beast Balls" and "Buying Beast Balls"? Not to mention there are countless ways of actually writing that you have Beast Balls on offer. For instance, something like...

QUOTE originally posted by Example trade post

Hi everyone, I'm selling a bunch of Summon Items, I'm looking to get some GP for them. Make your offers! I have:
See the issue? To a human reading this, it's clear that the writer has a Beast Ball to sell (perfect!) but how would a search system know that? It's a big issue in programming really, since it kind of relies on teaching the computer how to do a human understanding of post content, and that just really isn't possible here, sorry!
Call me "Padfoot" please. They/them. Avatar done by panpixel Flarotis design by PFQ
SolaUmbra's AvatarSolaUmbra
I mean even if that was the case at least you would have much less post to go through than searching though every post and every title. Maybe it won't separate sell and buy, but it would just pull key words out of posts to at least help reduce the amount of post to go through?
The problemm with even making titles searchable is there's a lot of titles that have "Items UFT" or "Summons UFT" or "Buying Summons" etc. Really vague things that if you're looking for a specific item, you might not get it in a title. Not to mention you're unlikely to find anything specific in a shop title. This would - in my opinion - be too much trouble compared to just looking through a few pages of trade thread titles and clicking on ones that draw your interest. Again, this all aside from the fact these suggestions have been rejected numerous times before.
0 points Mouse's Midnight Market! S/A/M sales, boxboxes, gem swaps, summon sales & more Avatar art by me

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page