PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Deleted post reminder

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 12

Polagator's AvatarPolagator
Along with my other idea that don't know what happened to it since it's been a month? I have an idea of Sally saying something when your post was deleted, she'll contact you in a way with a short and simple reason that the mods give like :"double posted,posts merged with the top one" or something else that I'm not aware of. Just would be nice to see your post deleted and why it was. Note: I'm not saying take away PM'ing them if it's really inappropriate just for the simple posts that you may not of noticed. Positive: You'd beware that you actually posted so you don't repost, don't know if this happens a lot. Let people be more aware of their mistakes so they don't make the same mistake twice. (similar to the top pro) Mods wouldn't have to give a long PM if they wish just keep it short with a good reason just like in deleted threads. Negative: Doesn't know if Sally would keep up (do posts get deleted that often?) Modwatch helps a bit so this would be less useful. I bet someone is going to have a really good negative so I just wanted to get this idea out of my head and find the reason why this would be a bad idea. (yeah me and my brain)
648 ZC until my Beautiful Shiny Charm Box!
Wow I've got to start selling stuff...

QUOTE originally posted by Polagator

(do posts get deleted that often?)
Simple answer? Yes. I don't see any reason for this? Only staff can delete posts, and they only do so if it's rule-breaking (or by good request such as asking to delete a couple posts in a journal or something like that). When someone breaks a rule, I'm guessing the PM is to inform them that they broke a rule - not to let them know their post is deleted.
Call me "Padfoot" please. They/them. Avatar done by panpixel Flarotis design by PFQ
Wow, the fastest time I think DX. I was thinking of Sally just sending a message to you with the post deleted and the reason under. Just to see what words or way you shouldn't do next time. They can still PM you thats for sure, and probably not give any reason since they PM'd you if you like. But there are times when your posts are deleted and you don't know why or times when your like "I thought I posted? I'll repost again" because nobody PM you. You PM them but they don't have the time to fully explain. This might help people compare the reason with the thing they posted to see what to not do next time.
arbor's Avatararbor
i've had a couple posts deleted for spam, and i always got a PM, so i'm not sure why this is necessary. no support.
arbor ☼ journal: 0 “The tides are in our veins, we still mirror the stars, life is your child, but there is in me, older and harder than life and more impartial, the eye that watched before there was an ocean.”
credit
Background from freepik.com F2U code by Gumshoe

QUOTE originally posted by Polagator

Wow, the fastest time I think DX.
I've posted replies to threads that are less than a minute old before, it just depends when they're made compared to when I check the forums. The only reason I could think of a post being deleted when a staff member would not PM you is in the case of numerous users spamming in something like a discussion or announcement thread, and then the staff member that removed the multiple posts usually makes a post in the thread about it... Even then, I don't know if they PM those users or not. But for the most part, deleted or merged posts usually break rules and result in a staff member PMing the user about it. You're just asking for a second PM and notification having to do with when someone breaks rules.
I get what you're saying about 2 notifications. There may be a way for one notification so the mod can take the deleted post and explain the reason of the problem under it if that may help?
Niall's AvatarNiall
If they already are going to PM you with the reasoning, why would they need to add their reasoning to the post? Will the reason be public if someone clicks on the deleted post in modwatch?
The deleted post is at the top, and the stating reasons of why the post was deleted, what rule is broke,etc is at the bottom. I really don't know what's the best idea, private modwatch or PM?
Zen's AvatarZen
Honestly, I'd rather just get a PM from the staff member that deletes it rather than the system. This way, I can respond to them if I'm confused on why it was considered rule breaking without having to go on a search to find the staff member who deleted it.
Avatar by cloudtail. My shop I do gem hunts, box hunts, dexing, have items and even breeding pairs. PFQ B-day thread.
Morzone's AvatarMorzone
I see where this is coming from, but since the staff PM you already, (which is a nice reminder that the staff are watching and policing you) I don't think it'll be necessary to have Sally do it.
Avatar was created for me, the sprite in the avatar was made by WriterRaven
Score: 0

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page