PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Add "Most Nice!s" to Stats Page

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 12

Mystera's AvatarMystera
Exactly what the title says. No real point to it, just might be neat to see. I don't really see any reasons not to, tho there aren't that many for it either, it's just a thing. XD
Morzone's AvatarMorzone
mmm... Would it be most received or most given? If its most received then I'm all for it, but if its most given all you're going to get is people spamming "nice!" all the time, which would kind of mess with what "Nice!" is actually supposed to be.
Avatar was created for me, the sprite in the avatar was made by WriterRaven
Score: 0
Mystera's AvatarMystera
I meant most received. Most given didn't even occur to me as being a thing.
Morzone's AvatarMorzone
Probably should edit it to make it clear. Anyway, Sure! Sounds fun. Support.
Dorugamon's AvatarDorugamon
While I think it would be Nice! I can't support this, for the reason that people would make it a thing like they are less liked then others and other non-sense (jealousy wars perhaps? /shrug) like that because they received less Nice!s. XD
My avatar is Dorugamon from the movie "Digimon X-Evolution", ©Toei Animation.
I'm perfectly neutral on this - I'd be fine with or without it, I might look at it to see where I'm at - but I agree with Dorugamon, it might start making people feel less liked than others over a (in my opinion) really pointless little feature. Basically, I don't see why not, but that's the only thing I think that would need to be taken into account.
Call me "Padfoot" please. They/them. Avatar done by panpixel Flarotis design by PFQ
Mystera's AvatarMystera
If people are gonna get jealous over something like this, then shouldn't they already be jealous about Elta the other stuff listed? Like having a bunch of shinies Elta.
Dorugamon's AvatarDorugamon
The answer to that is both yes and no, yes because people will be jealous they don't have what that person has, but if you notice, most other stats there involve actual effort, and it's reflected. However, you cannot actually control whether or not someone gives you a "Nice!" because that is solely up to the persons giving them.
As much as I'd like to see this, no support., people would start "begging" for Nice's. It would become a competition to get on the list, and would potentially make the purpose of Nice's be forgotten
0 points Mouse's Midnight Market! S/A/M sales, boxboxes, gem swaps, summon sales & more Avatar art by me
Saphera's AvatarSaphera
I understand this idea is with good and innocent intentions, but I have to say no support to this idea for various reasons: One, it seems kind of like a popularity contest of sorts. While this may not be the original intention of this possible stat, I can easily see it going negatively. For instance, those that are "more popular" or have more active friends can easily rack up more "Nice!" points than others who are nice but asocial. In addition, what's stopping people from going, "Give me a nice, and I'll give you a nice!" or "Give me a nice! and I'll give you -insert some miscellaneous item here-" Two, as Dorugamon mentioned, the current site stats have nothing to do with popularity/people's personal opinions. The current site stats are quite objective. All of them reflect the effort people put into the game, such as shiny/albino/melan dex completion, biggest hoard, most interactions, etc. Nice! stats are more about what other people think of you, not your own achievements with your own efforts. "Nice!" compliments come from other people, not yourself. And if you have to ask/bribe people to give you "Nice!" to up this stat at all, it seems... pointless. :/ Three, this stat defeats the purpose of having the "Nice!" option in the first place. The whole point of the thing is to just give someone a brief compliment without having to bother them with a PM notification or anything. Like, say, you had a good, quick trade with them. Cool, give them a "nice!" and voila, done. You got a Melan and people are giving you "Nice!" compliments because of that? Cool! But as soon as you make it about "give me more Nice!s so I can be high on a leaderboard!" then what is a genuine nice compliment to that person? That person would just be like, "Cool, that person helped me get to a higher rank" not "Aww, this person gave me a nice!" In my opinion, making the "Nice" stat like a leaderboard competition makes the "nice" factor about using the "Nice!" feature go away. :V I think the "Nice!" feature should remain brief and just a "for fun" in-the-moment kind of thing, if you get what I'm saying.

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page