PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Change the "???" field background?

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Mellowsrule's AvatarMellowsrule
I love the all of the field artwork on the site, exept for the "???" field. I have tons of pokemon of varying types and I'm sure most other users do too, so I need a lot of ??? fields, but the colorscheme and value of the colors is way off. First of all, it's difficult to see pokemon a lot of the time. I don't want users to not be able to see some of the pokemon in my shop, nor do I want to have to search for pokemon I need because I can't see them. Secondly, the colors just look ugly to me, the dark green along with the muddy brown doesn't look good, especially compared to other similar, yet prettier fields like the normal field or the fairy field. Not to mention, the field doesn't look like a "???" type field, more like a grass or ground type field. I've already bought several fields that are ??? type, so it's not like I can just organize my pokemon into fields of the right type, since the prices are so high for me now, so for right now just kinda have to deal with it. This is pretty much just an asthetic suggestion, but I think it would make farms nicer to look at.
Avatar drawn by me using gimp (made 2016), inspired by the backgrounds in steven universe.
arbor's Avatararbor
i have a lot of ??? fields, but i don't understand how you think the pokemon are hard to see? i think almost every pokemon stands out against the background. also, with the argument that it looks like a grass type field: what do you propose a ??? should look like, then? if it was just a neutral gray, i feel like it would be boring.
arbor ☼ journal: 838 “The tides are in our veins, we still mirror the stars, life is your child, but there is in me, older and harder than life and more impartial, the eye that watched before there was an ocean.”
credit
Background from freepik.com F2U code by Gumshoe
Pokemon who are darker are harder to see in the corners, but I don't know, maybe that's just me. And if I were do design the ??? type background, I might make it look computer-y or glitchy, since the ??? type comes from hacked/glitched pokemon. Also, I sould note that the dark colors of the ghost and dark type fields help the pokemon stand out, since they're stark and solid, wheras the ??? type field is muddy and has a lot of stuff like bits of grass and tree roots in it, which make it even more cluttered.
Prince Turtle's AvatarPrince Turtle
the field backgrounds are actually the friend areas from the earliest pmd games. no support because it doesn't seem necessary. sorry.
formerly JoeyKaiba
by Hillo; avatar by me for the thread "badly draw the mon above"
i type quickly and sometimes forget to proofread, oof. my typing style is lazy as heck in casual areas, but i promise i'm better when i rp and stuff.
Oh, I had no idea they were from the games. Well still, there are much better looking backgrounds in those games than the one they decided to use, I stll think they should change it, if it isn't to difficult to code.
HowlingCat's AvatarHowlingCat
Cough cough. Did you see this in the accepted forum? It's not quite changing the ??? fields per se but still. I thought i should point this out.
Avatar of my oc was created by Flapple! My Journal: [x] My Sprite Dump: [x] Cosmog Sprite Project: [x]
I looked through the accepted and rejected suggestions, but I missed it, sorry. That suggestion would probably fix the problem, but so long as there are other ??? typed options and you can switch between field backgrounds for fields of the same type.

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page