PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Regarding Offspring Listing

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 123

POLL: Do you like this idea?

Total votes: 35

You must be logged in to vote.

Verdant's AvatarVerdant
Suggestion Title: Non-Sprited Scroll List To List Offspring Of Pokémon Suggestion Summary: In one of the more recent news posts, as an update to the changelog, I belive Neit mentioned that some of the staff were trying to find ways to list offspring as well as parents on a Pokémon's summary. I was wondering if a simple scroll-box could be implemented under the Pokémon's parents? Is theroy, the box would be a set size, with only the text inside scrolling, kind of like a forum box does if you type enough in it. Instead of the full sprite being shown, only the name of each of the offspring would appear. The name could be linked to the offspring's summary. Next to the offspring's name could be a gender symbol, and the shiny/albino/melanistic syobol and/or mega-evolution symbol if applicable. The species of the offspring might be able to be listed next to the name in a lighter font, if possible. Names would be listed from oldest (first) to youngest (last). One of the problems Neit brought up in the post was the fact that some families extend into the thousands. A possible solution to this could be that, after a set number of offspring have been shown in the scroll box (perhaps 25 - 50?), a link would appear at the bottom labeled "veiw all". This link could take you to a seprete page where all offspring are listed, from oldest (first) to youngest (last), in the scroll-box style. Positive points: I thought this could help one navigate around the family tree a bit more easily, and possibly dealing with the problem of the multitude of offspring in each family. It also lets users see which offspring are shiny/albino/melanistic, as well as which are mega-evolved. Possibly even what species the offspring currently are? Negative points: Honestly, I know nothing about coding, and this looks like a pain in the neck to code. I know what Neit says about good ideas, but... There could possibly be some glitches loading the extended page, which probably wont be much help. In the extended list, things will probably be pretty hard to find. This is also probably not priority. At all. I feel guilty just typing this. Reason For Consideration: I appologize if someone has allready come up with this idea, or if this comes off as spam (It's kinda long...). I thought that being to navigate offspring would help users embarking on breeding projects, or bored users who wanted to explore the relitives of their favorite 'Mon. I also thought it seemed like Neit had wanted to implant something similar, and I wanted to see if I could help brainstorm any useful ideas. If anyone has ideas on how to improve this idea, please say! Feedback is always welcome. <3
Zen's AvatarZen
I'm very much on the fence. I don't really care if anyone sees the offspring for any of my Pokémon, nor do I care to see anyone's offspring for their mons. However... there's an issue when it comes to loading a bunch of sprites. The first sprite discovery thread got deleted due to it crashing browsers with how many sprites it had. I feel this could end up doing the exact same thing depending on how often a pair is used and/or how many offspring they have. Sure, a scrollbox could help... if the sprites didn't have to be pre-loaded, and having only a set amount load at a time would get annoying if you had to wait for say, 40 sprites to load every few scrolls.
Avatar by cloudtail. My shop I do gem hunts, box hunts, dexing, have items and even breeding pairs. PFQ B-day thread.
Verdant's AvatarVerdant

QUOTE originally posted by Zen

The first sprite discovery thread got deleted due to it crashing browsers with how many sprites it had. I feel this could end up doing the exact same thing depending on how often a pair is used and/or how many offspring they have. Sure, a scrollbox could help... if the sprites didn't have to be pre-loaded, and having only a set amount load at a time would get annoying if you had to wait for say, 40 sprites to load every few scrolls.
Eeh, I'm kind of new-ish here, so I'm not sure exactly what a "sprite discovery thread" is, but I understand how trying to load too many images wound crash the page. I also understand that I just did a very bad job explaining myself. ":3 What I meant was, in the scroll box, only the offspring's name, gender symbol, shiny/albino/melanistic symbol, mega symbol, and possibly species would be listed. Essentailly, all profile icons exept for the sprite, to prevent the size from becoming to large. Though, I'm not sure if the menu icons cound cause the kinds of glitches you were talking about.
Zen's AvatarZen
Every sprite that was on site at the time loading on one page. xD As for how it would show them seems... odd. To have just the symbols to state what it is, as well as its species, looks weird in the mental image I got.
Verdant's AvatarVerdant
@Zen: The smaller, menu sprites might be displayed instead of just writing out the species, but I'm not sure if that would prove to be too much, especailly with families in the thousands.
LadyElemental's AvatarLadyElemental
This isn't a terrible idea. I would say it either shows the name of the Pokemon or the species, as you can breed two different 'mons together and get one egg of that species or another eggs. I sort of like this idea.
Background done by Golden Tempest. Sprites are official. This banner is for Lady Elemental's use.
Made by BlackBlood1872, more banners here
Polagator's AvatarPolagator
I really don't know what to say, rather than I like this idea. Putting a lot of sprites in one area makes stuff lag a ton. Like look at the sprite page in the wiki. And scrolling or pages to go deeper might fix a problem. But I don't know since a 12 year old like me barely knows anything about programming DX so I wouldn't understand that much.
648 ZC until my Beautiful Shiny Charm Box!
Wow I've got to start selling stuff...
If I remember right there was an issue of a situation where if your Pokemon need an egg that hatched into a shiny or albino the person who bred that egg would claim ownership of the variant.
Eclipsed's AvatarEclipsed

QUOTE originally posted by CrazyGirlEspeon

If I remember right there was an issue of a situation where if your Pokemon need an egg that hatched into a shiny or albino the person who bred that egg would claim ownership of the variant.
I've never heard of this? I remember it being nice to see, oh such and such's offspring was shiny, but it should be obvious that the hatcher was the owner? Anyway, I'm in favor of original suggestion with the clarification that there aren't sprites. If you just have the name, most of the time you'd get the species anyway. Only one thing is: what about pokemon that sally no longer stores? It'd make sense for these lists could show the number of eggs that has been bred as a number, but only links to those who are still in the game, I guess?
Verdant's AvatarVerdant

QUOTE originally posted by crooly

What about pokemon that sally no longer stores? It'd make sense for these lists could show the number of eggs that has been bred as a number, but only links to those who are still in the game, I guess?
I think for eggs, the system could use the smaller egg menu sprite that is usally only used on smaller mobile devices when veiwing one's feilds. The profile link could go to the profile of the unhatched egg. For Pokémon deleted from the system, like the ones lost to PF1, it would be more logical for them just not to appear at all under offspring, because they can no longer be acceced by users.

Pages: 123

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page