PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Regarding sexual harassment

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 78910

Cherimimi's AvatarCherimimi
Thank you for making this announcement, this is a very serious and important issue, specially with all the minors playing this game.
~ My avatar is an edit of official art of Tales of Card Evolve ~
I haven't seen personally on this site but I have seen it on others. Thank you, staff, for cracking down on this issue.
@Aviary & Shinmaniac - There is a difference between victim blaming and pointing out the truth. I even acknowledged in the self-same post that it can be very difficult for some people to say something - so it's the people who -can- say something that it's up to. But so many don't, despite the fact that they have shown that they have the capability to stick up for themselves - because "It no longer affects them", or "He's learned his lesson." Such reasons are completely bogus, and it isn't the person being nasty, or vindictive, or even remotely a bad person. What it is? It is a bad way to think on the situation. That way of thinking is going to put others at risk, and that's the sad truth of it. They're still the victims. We're still on their side. All that's being said is that the people who can stand up and say something... Well, they say something. If that's how you're reading it, then that's on you - since the first post of this thread rather specifically talks about how it can be hard for some people to come forward. No victim blaming is happening here, and I would never dream of doing as such. Frankly put, I'm offended :/
Mirzam's AvatarMirzam

QUOTE originally posted by Skits

Thank gosh I've never been sexually harassed in any site. I've never been reported by someone or have reported someone in PFQ, either. But I have a question. Is it okay in public (like pretend kissing) if the trust and like each other? Because I don't want to report Stark or Akama for kissing in "The ban game". ;-; Just don't want it to happen! But if it needs to happen, it shall.
The big thing is not getting beyond PG-13, and stopping if whoever you're talking to says whatever you're talking about is making them uncomfortable. So if two people are friends and they both want to roleplay hand holding or kissing, and neither is uncomfortable, that's cool. But if one is like pushing for it and the other doesn't really want to, maybe even asks them to stop, then that's a problem. And if they don't stop when they're asked to, that's harassment. You don't need to report the thing you mentioned in your post I think, as it's below PG-13 and it's not obvious that one person is unhappy about the situation? It can be hard to tell from the outside, which is why it's important for people to feel safe enough to stand up for themselves and report stuff when it gets out of hand.
Neonray3's AvatarNeonray3
I'm very thankful to have Staff that care about us. I use to be scared of trying to talk to them. But this was back on the old Pokefarm. After seeing this, I don't feel nervous of talking about any situations. Thank you for making this website safe. I'm 19. But I would feel so down, that there are people who would do that. Whether he is willing to go that far. It is just wrong. And no one should feel that at all. I give the staff my respect. Thank you once again.
Looking for Adament/Lustorbs,GS Balls Current Hunt:? My Summon and Box Box Shop
ümineko's Avatarümineko
some people just have disgusting behaver on the internet ;/ thank you for helping this site be more user friendly ;3
Zëkmyr13's AvatarZëkmyr13
Just want to say thank you for taking this seriously, and pursuing justice for the victims.
Your life is yours. Yours alone. Rise up, and live it! -Terry Goodkind
Verevoof's AvatarVerevoof
@Garthic I agree that if someone can stand up, then they should, but the issue is, how can you tell IF someone can stand up about it? " why the heck are you doing this kinda thing online? " comes off as really victim blame-y. I don't know the reason why they accepted his advances, perhaps they were just young and naive, perhaps they didn't know how to say no, perhaps they were scared of saying no. perhaps they've had similar experiences in real life where saying no was dangerous. You don't know. I don't know. But. Whatever. It's over and hopefully everyone can learn from this and be on the lookout for more people like this for everyone's safety.
All I have to say is this: "It's against the law". If you're underage and doing this kinda thing, anyone is well within their rights to ask why the heck they're doing it - because they're breaking the law (on British terms). Other places have different laws to abide by - but the site clearly states that British laws apply. A consenting individual must be 16, or over - even then, mature content is still applicable to only 18+ - and we have it clearly detailed in our rules that mature roleplaying is only allowed if you have a setup in the mature section, which serves as proof to each individual that their partner is of age, at least in the system. Let me ask you this: How is it "Victim blaming" to point out that an underage individual shouldn't be doing this because it's against the law? By that logic, the law itself is victim blaming - yet nobody says that or even remotely thinks that to be true, unless they're insane - so why is pointing at it as a reference and saying "IT'S RIGHT THERE!" somehow "victim blaming"? If you're reading that in that way, again - that's on you. You're taking something the wrong way and that's not my fault.
There is no victim blaming. End of story.
We do not appreciate drama being incited on a VERY IMPORTANT ISSUE. So it stops now.
The above is fair warning. Taking it any further will result in action being taken. (As an aside, yes, I'm getting annoyed. Because people are looking to throw some kind of blame at the people (or person, I suppose, since it's me) who are here to help and have actively done so - proof is in the thread. Seriously. That's like a slap to the face for looking out for people. Thanks a bunch. No really, thanks /sarcasm )
Olivia Drache's AvatarOlivia Drache
Preach, brotha, preach. Don't think it could be put any better.
" If I lost everything tomorrow, I'd claw my way back to the top somehow." - Freddie Mercury Calvin: I wonder if you can refuse to inherit the world. Hobbes: I think if you're born, it's too late... - The Essential Calvin & Hobbes. Trust No One. Deny Everything.

Pages: 123··· 78910

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page