PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Ability to "Water All" in Berry Garden when plants are wet

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 123

Yayben's AvatarYayben
Suggestion Title: Ability to "Water All" in Berry Garden when plants are wet Suggestion Summary: So, I looked around in the subforums for a bit and didn't seem to find anything related to this. Basically, the way it stands right now, you are not able to "water all" when all of your plants are wet. The plants must be damp before this can be performed. Therefore, each plant must be watered manually if the soil is already wet. Positive points: Would make it much easier to keep plants constantly watered, especially if you are not able to check back to pokefarm frequently. Negative points: Provides even more automation to the berry garden, and could be viewed as an unnecessary feature to some that only water once the soil becomes damp/dry. Reason For Consideration: After a 4 hour long or so shift of playing pokefarm, it'd be nice to always be able to press that "water all" button right before you get off, even if the soil is still wet. This would push back the amount of time until the plant gets dried out by another 4 hours, which could save you berries. With the automation to water all plants once they become damp already being in place, I don't personally believe that this could be considered further automation, just a helpful expansion on an already existing one. This seems to me like something that just makes sense; Each plant can be watered individually when the soil is wet, and still provides benefit. I'd love to hear any feedback on this idea. Thank you for your consideration :) I wrote this at 4:50 in the morning, so I apologize for any bad wording or typos that may exist.
Avatar by ferrous (: Click here to join a site where you can make money by doing surveys and other fun stuff C: really good for wasting time.
Want please! It's a pain in the butt having to water each plant individually while still wet. I do this often when gardening for nectars because I often forget to check back and don't want the plant to end up dry.
Call me "Padfoot" please. They/them. Avatar done by panpixel Flarotis design by PFQ
Pilicious's AvatarPilicious
I heavily support. I tend to check my garden Everytime I log on, just to see if it needs caring, they aren't even damp, so I don't worry to much about them, about an hour or two later they are dried out, and I miss my maximum potential to gather all berries I could. Just being able to log on and water them anytime will help.
I commissioned my Avatar from Surgary Violet on Tumblr. She can be found here. Thank you for reading my signature.
... From what I know, when you water a wet plant, it has no effect, even if it's been a few hours. It has to be Damp or Dry to water. Don't take my word on it though since I don't know the mechanics, but I remember vaguely that a suggestion similar to this was rejected for that very reason.
Current Fighting Gem Hunt Progress:
Fighting Gem 334/1000
Check out my journal if you want. And buy stuff at my shop so I can have a bowl of ramen! Image edit by myself. Image base from Pokémon Shuffle.
Yayben's AvatarYayben

QUOTE originally posted by ShadowLucario50

... From what I know, when you water a wet plant, it has no effect, even if it's been a few hours. It has to be Damp or Dry to water. Don't take my word on it though since I don't know the mechanics, but I remember vaguely that a suggestion similar to this was rejected for that very reason.
This is not true. I experimented with this two days ago, just to make sure before posting this thread. The one plant that I did water took 4 hours longer than the others to become damp, because I watered it 4 hours after the others.
When you water a wet plant it restarts the cycle. So Yayben is correct~ But a 'Water All' would technically be slower because it has a tick when completeing a task (If that makes sense <.<) So im nuetral to this, wouldnt mind if it gets added/wouldnt miss it if it doesnt.
Feel free to PM for any art requests uwu
Made by SoraX for Pikachuisepiclol's use only.
Yayben's AvatarYayben

QUOTE originally posted by Pikachuisepiclol

When you water a wet plant it restarts the cycle. So Yayben is correct~ But a 'Water All' would technically be slower because it has a tick when completeing a task (If that makes sense <.<) So im nuetral to this, wouldnt mind if it gets added/wouldnt miss it if it doesnt.
This is true, but by that logic, the water all button that already exists doesn't need to be there. This is simply a reasonable expansion on the button that's already there. It's possible that somebody could water the plants faster by doing it manually, but that can become a pain pretty quickly when you have a long list of plants, which is why the water all button existed in the first place.
Firalight's AvatarFiralight
If you're able to do this, then there should be a thing called an "overwatered" plant, yes? Just so Nectar still won't be as easy to farm, and it shouldn't be. Of course, it can bug users in hunting berries for nectar, but it adds a realistic aspect to farming and still keeps a rarity balance. Maybe you can only water plants that are already wet twice before it becomes overwatered? But depending on the growth, you /might/ be able to get the berry back. I'm suggesting just when it's planted in the soil, because it hasn't sprouted or anything.
Avatar made by me. Avid Deerling Enthusiast
Yayben's AvatarYayben

QUOTE originally posted by Firalight

If you're able to do this, then there should be a thing called an "overwatered" plant, yes? Just so Nectar still won't be as easy to farm, and it shouldn't be. Of course, it can bug users in hunting berries for nectar, but it adds a realistic aspect to farming and still keeps a rarity balance. Maybe you can only water plants that are already wet twice before it becomes overwatered? But depending on the growth, you /might/ be able to get the berry back. I'm suggesting just when it's planted in the soil, because it hasn't sprouted or anything.
This is a good idea, but if you were to water a plant in real life to keep it fully watered, you wouldn't give it the same amount of water as if it were dry when you watered it. You would give just enough water to top it off. And this also strays too far from the canon idea of berry planting in actual pokemon games. In reality, the difference between "wet" and "damp" is actually just a difference of how far it is from dry. They aren't different in any real way.
I disagree with the "overwatered" stage. You can already water a plant as many times as you like without repercussions, why should adding a water all plants even when wet option make it now a bad thing if you try to reset the time before it goes dry?

Pages: 123

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page