PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Click-begging reminder

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 12

I come with good news and bad news! The good news is that things are coming along relatively smoothly on our end - the tools we have at our disposal are proving extremely useful in allowing us to do our job. SYSTEM has been busy as ever, squashing bugs and causing them, all the same - but personally I blame Niet. He's always toying around with things and trying to make them super-efficient. And succeeding, in the end... But still... Anything breaks at random? Blame him. Or Sei. It tends to work out in the end. However... The fact that things are coming along great in terms of us being able to do our jobs has kinda brought about some information - which essentially means we get to our bad news now. It would appear that a little reminder is necessary... Recently, we've come to notice that instead of hitting that report button, people are giving rule-breakers of the click-begging rule "friendly reminders" that they're breaking rules. I've recently had a case where every single response to a click-begger was one of these, and it took us utilising the fact that we can search SYSTEM's PMs (meaning we can literally track friend requests to catch the FR-spammers, as well as the messages that are sent along with the request) to actually catch these people out on rule-breaking. They could have been caught a long time ago, and a lot of people wouldn't have had to have received spam, had just ONE of those people used their initiative and took 2 minutes to report that individual. Friendly reminders are nice, but it is not your job to provide them... And chances are, if they fail to acknowledge your friendly reminder? You're not going to know about it - but we have the tools to see if they did. If you want to give someone a friendly reminder - that's fine - but report them as well. We're not going to bash their face in with a mallet, I promise - but we will stop them from harassing other members of the community. This may sound nasty to some people, and I can understand why it might - but it's the truth and nothing more: If you're failing to report someone when they break a rule, then chances are that you're just perpetuating the problem. Chances are, the person who you just gave a "friendly reminder"... Has already had 50 other people telling them the same thing. In seriousness, I know you're trying to be nice, and I think that's awesome. It's great that there are good people out there - the thing is, this is the wrong kind of "nice" to be. Allowing someone to drift around and harass numerous other people isn't "nice" at all, in fact - it's quite the opposite. We have a report function. Please utilise it. We trust our userbase. I'd like to think that our trust is not misplaced.
Grace.See2's AvatarGrace.See2
Could you please explain what a click-begger is?
Hoarding Goomy. Please Click ~^ Avatar by CyndaluvSOAD Links Virtual Adopts (PLEASE click?) Journal Original PF Party My Wattpad Story
Gøddest's AvatarGøddest
That means you ask clicks from somebody. Including PMs and Forum,but putting 'please click' in your signature or about me is okay, because these are consider as 'Please', not beg.
"I wonder if I would also end up acting like that if I was faced with a weak opponent"
UnknownMew's AvatarUnknownMew
Is it okay you say PM me for a mass-click, and someone Pms you to give them one?
MøøchiPanda's AvatarMøøchiPanda

QUOTE originally posted by Garthic

Offering clicks is different to begging for them. If someone messages you and asking you to click them, whether it's mass or just party clicks, then they are begging. If you offer someone clicks and they take you up on that offer, then there's no issue :)
Gøddest's AvatarGøddest
Oh, these are fine, But something like

QUOTE originally posted by something

Hey, I've clicked you, click me back too!
Is against the rule Edit: I got a demonstration up here
reD's AvatarreD
I don't necessarily think click-begging will go away. It happened in pf 1 also.
RedCydranth's AvatarRedCydranth

QUOTE originally posted by Red

I don't necessarily think click-begging will go away. It happened in pf 1 also.
No, but making it against the rules will certainly cut the amount of it down by a lot. If it were allowed, people would be doing it left and right. Now, if someone does it, report them and they'll get a warning from the Staff. If you don't keep a firm hand and report then, it will continue.
Signature by Naiyala
I don't think we said, at any stage, that click-begging would go away, cease, or otherwise stop - what we have said is that it's against the rules to click-beg. This stops the rule-abiding individuals from doing it, as they are rule-abiding individuals and frankly, I love them for not breaking said rules and making my job, or my staff's jobs, any harder. The other people, who do not follow the rules, however... Can't say I dislike them in any way - but I will do my job as necessary, which often involves kicking some butts! >3 To quote Niet on this: "Murder isn't going away either. Should the laws be dropped on that?"
Iatos Mehiro's AvatarIatos Mehiro
I don't really understand why people click-beg in the first place xD... seems rather useless to me. Well There's a lot of people around... to many in my Opinion xD We should defiantly make killing legal just to see how many remains afterwards xD
It's the eternal flow of time that keeps you alive, its also whom that kills you when your time have run dry.. Join in now: Role playing awaits... Pokémon: The Awakening [15+] Avatar Made by me

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page