PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Gems based on ehp

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 12

Lia's AvatarLia
ultra.pnge+.png
Suggestion Title:Gems Based on EHP Suggestion Summary:Basically i think that you should get more gems based on how many clicks it would take to hatch gems. Positive points: -people that hunt pokemon get a more fair number of gems -kinda makes sense (a more 'powerful pokemon spawns more gems than a weaker pokemon) -people hunting for a dragon gemwish badge have a similar level of challenge as someone hunting a bug gemwish badge -more work=more payoff Negative points: -might mess up values of gems (dragon gems are sometimes valued above others) -may make the value of all gems go down Reason For Consideration: it just seems to be more fair. Right now, hatching an eevee(9,180) gets you the same amount of gems (1, unless a bonus is active) as igglybuff (2,805). It takes much less work to hatch the igglybuff, yet you get the same reward. sorry if this has been suggested before, i didnt see it in the summary of rejected suggestions, so i thought it might be original :')
Mystera's Avatarhypermode-12.pngMystera
hypermode.pnggrandmaster.pnga+.png
The main issue I see here is that people who already have high-level badges can hatch even high-ehp eggs really quickly. I did a Mesprit hunt recently, which is a 20k ehp egg, and hatched ovver 70 of them in one day with merely a platinum psychic badge. Just lots of clicking. As it is I got almost enough for a large gem. There are also Ravyne days. It's already kinda ridiculous when there's a high multiplier like x4 or something. Imagine getting 3 gems per egg normally then multiplying that by another x3.
No support. I understand that it would be nice to get more for working more, but I feel like one gem per egg is already worth enough.
Current Fighting Gem Hunt Progress:
gem_fighting.pngFighting Gem 334/1000
Check out my journal if you want. And buy stuff at my shop so I can have a bowl of ramen! Image edit by myself. Image base from Pokémon Shuffle.
Lia's AvatarLia
ultra.pnge+.png
your points are definitly valid. :) i could see multpliers being an issue.. however, i think that for those of much lower ranks, if theyre determined to hatch a pokemon with a higher EHP, it can be pretty difficult to get gems. Also, it doesnt have to be a huge change between EHP tiers. It could be something like all eggs >5,640 could get 1 gem, 5,641-10,000 could get 1 with a 50% chance to get an extra, and 10,000< could have a 100% chance to get 2. that wouldnt be crazy with Ravyne's bonus, and itd be a big difference over time.
Especially on Ravyne or Niet days, I feel this would be more aggravating for users that can't be active as much as some. Imagine it's a Niet, Marie, and Ravyne day and someone has nothing to do. How many gems could they get hunting Dratini - dragon gems are certainly harder to come by because of the higher EXP (btw, EHP has never been a thing on PFQ) - compared to someone who couldn't play as much that day? No support.
Call me "Padfoot" please. They/them. Avatar done by panpixel Flarotis design by PFQ
Lia's AvatarLia
ultra.pnge+.png
I can definitly see where youre coming from, but people can get a crazy amount of gems on bonus days now. and assuming we're using my numbers, dratini(10,455) would be 2 gems per egg. thats about double the exp that would get you 1 gem, and youd get double the gems for it. yes, certain gems (namely dragon and fighting) would be easier to obtain then they are now, but my idea wouldn't make them easier to get than any other type of gem. itd put all gems at about the same rarity, but no type of gem would be way harder/easier to get than others.
Zen's AvatarZen
master.pngc.png
That's actually where you're wrong. I currently have an Adamantium fire badge, so it's not that hard for me to hatch fire-type eggs. Especially since I also have the Exp Share, which helps when I mass click. I could go and hunt, say, Entei and get 2 gems per egg. Say I hatch, for example, 85 Entei eggs in one day. That's 170 gems which is actually quite a lot. Now say it's a x2 Ravyne day, I'm then getting 4 gems per egg. That would be 340. That's... quite a lot of gems to get in one day. All gems are currently at the same rarity. Hatch an egg, get a gem. Not hatch an egg, chance of gem. Oh and also, we already get extra gems from the Daily Task. Hatch an egg every day for 4 days, get an extra 2 gems. And then on the 5th day you get a medium gem which is 10 small gems. We don't need an easier way to get more gems when we already have Ravyne days and the daily task that gives gems. Just leave the gems, and the way to obtain them, as they are since none of these ways needs to be changed. No Support.
Avatar by cloudtail. My shop I do gem hunts, box hunts, dexing, have items and even breeding pairs. PFQ B-day thread.
Kang's AvatarKang
grandmaster.pnga.png
No support for reasons already stated.
  • Info
  • Banners
  • Other Credits
y.pngI collect Tidal Bells
I buy them for 150k cr or 30 zc as long as i can afford it! Please DM me if you have any for sale!
y.png
y.png175/500+

rock.png 0/3000 rock.png
Forum Icon: By LilypadLife of my character Frost! Check out their art shop!
credit
Code @Colorful Pixel art @Blazermaze00
Lia's AvatarLia
ultra.pnge+.png
@zen yes, that is quite a lot of gems. and yes, the gem system doesnt need to be changed. however, if, right now, you were to hunt charmander. (assuming the same conditions as your example) if you hatch 170 (double the number of entei in your example) charmanders on a x2 Ravyne day, youd get.. 340 gems. (and double is kind of a conservative estimate, as charmader has closer to a third of enteis exp.) its entirely possible to obtain 340 gems in a day now, my suggestion simply would make it so that a similar amount of clicks gets a similar number of gems, instead of number of eggs hatched being the sole contributing factor.

QUOTE originally posted by Lia

my suggestion simply would make it so that a similar amount of clicks gets a similar number of gems, instead of number of eggs hatched being the sole contributing factor.
Right, but if you're hunting for shiny pokemon, you're picking what you wanna hunt specifically. If you're just hunting for gems, you'd probably just choose a pokemon with the smallest EXP eggs in that type.

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page