PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Suggestion: MCW Update

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Roxcine's AvatarRoxcine
As a note, this is simply a suggestion and I wanted to try and be as unbaised as possible. If this has ever been suggested before, I apologize. TLDR at bottom. Sorry for long post and potentially rambly. Suggestion: Update to Mass-Click Weekend. For a long, long while now, or even since it started. MCW has been a goal of 10,000 Interactions to recieve a New Varient Egg, New Megastone, New Data Volume, etc. But thats it. 10,000 Interactions isn't much in this day on PFQ with the ammount of users we now have and with recent news of Bonus Counters being updated with higher goals. Now, this suggestion is not to have MCW raise its goal because honestly, its nice where it is for the new content. A nice, solid, end of the tunnel goal for this new thing. But some players may just see it as "Oh, its MCW, let me get my interactions and do something else." Granted, I've done it. Where I get my 10,000 Interactions from one or two people's fields and go play another game and forget PFQ for a few days. So with this suggestion, what I'm suggestion this for is to have more rewards at higher stages. And what I mean is keep the current reward of 10,000 Interaction Points for the new Mega Stone/Varient/Data Volume/etc. Thats the base. But every 10,000-20,000 after that, is maybe a new prize. 20,000 Interaction Points: x3 Fossils. 30,000 Interaction Points: x1 Lucky Seal. 50,000 Interaction Points: Ditto Voucher. Please note: These are examples and not what I'm suggesting. Even if it was randomized on what was there. One month is Iron Hands Data Volume and the next month at the same prize is a Roaring Moon Data Volume. Or even a Data Volume Voucher. One month is a couple Large Bug Gems and the next is a couple Large Rock Gems. Let alone if it was randomized per user every month so not everyone gets the same prize but the same type of prize. Again, I'm just suggesting more than just doing 10,000 interactions and calling it quits for a lot of users. Because even new users trying to get into the game could benefit but its also not game breaking because they do have to work for it. PROS: - More activity potential for MCW - Market could potentially get more flow for specific items (more if randomized per user on similar items) - Can help userbase get more in touch with community to trading items to other players - Gives goals for people who wish to be more active but have no will (ie. if I do this one person I can get this item I've been needing) CONS: - Coding (potentially because I do not know what goes into coding, but mostly for if randomized prizes of same value, so here as precautionary) - Upset userbase if prizes aren't what they would like - Potential Market Crash on specific items because there would be more influx - Can be considered to mostly cater to Rus Hunters/Mass Clickers as they already do this regardless of prizes. TLDR; MCW could use an udpate with more prizes for more interaction. Like Type Race has its goals, MCW should have some extra stuff too with the basic prize of your main goal being the new Item/Pokemon. Would help people be more active during this time and players to get potential items they need/want or items they can trade for what they need. Its just more of, MCW feels behind on the times of all the other montly events that it could use a little love.
Favorite Pokemon
©
Code by Saskiawolf Character owned by Saskiawolf Avatar & Character on template by Temporal! <3
Mio Xenoblade's AvatarMio Xenoblade
10000% support this. i know in the early days of pfq, they used to give out two mega stones if you hit a goal of around 30k interactions - for lugia + ho-oh, and seviper + zangoose's megas if i remember correctly from the wiki - and its a shame this hasn't been done since with extra rewards. i think it would do wonders for adding hype to mcw, at the moment it just feels really underwhelming???! i look forward to the bonus counters more than the rewards lol. obviously balance would have to be considered as you mentioned, but i really hope this idea is considered to reinvigorate the hype into the event!
juno
mio is fine too!
| adult | any pronouns | pfq's otter hoarder
f2u codecode shoptrade shopjournal
art by me for my use only!
Noahverse's AvatarNoahverse
Oh, I'd definitely like that, full support! I'm glad the MCW click goal is something attainable for most users, but at the same time, once you achieved the goal, well, that's it? I know it might be just me clicking a lot but most times I get the goal in the first hour or so of MCW and then there's just nothing to do but wait for Monday to get the prize. I'd love if it had some sort of "stretch goals" like TR has, even if the stretch goal prizes are nothing to write home about (they don't need to be!) it would help feel more like it's a weekend-long affair rather than however long it takes you to reach the initial goal, yeah?

Noah | he/they | AuDHD

: 2800 pts!
Journal (F2U codes) credits

credits

Code @RAINB0W Forum Icon F2U @MellowKun on Deviantart Divider F2U @hedgehominoid on Deviantart Signature Pagedoll F2U @SquishDemon on Deviantart Shop logo commissionned from Lilieth for my shop
I collect fairy Deltas!
^ My Trade Shop! ^
Leacky's AvatarLeacky
I'm on the fence. On one hand more goals do seem like a fun addition but there's something that could potentially ruin the whole event if this was implemented: a significantly increased amount of Lag™. While it's true that the most recent MCWs don't have nearly as much lag as they used to have this was not always the case. Anyone here remembers how in the first year or so of this event being a thing the server would just give up and crash every. single. time. there was an MCW?

My personal story inside

I still clearly remember the terrors of having to beg my parents to allow me to play around midday when there were barely any people online and before the server would crash. One time I failed and had to play after 18:00 Server Time and of course the server crashed about half an hour later when I was in the middle of completing my 10k interactions. I was so slow because every 2-3 Fields the game lagged for at least 10 seconds or more. Imagine my dad's surprised look on his face when he saw me reading a book instead of playing and when I told him that the server crashed just as I foretold and I couldn't play because he didn't allow me to play earlier than usual because of his stupid rules. Yeah, (not) good times...
But if you think that the Lag™ is a thing of the past, well let me remind you of a certain small little event called the 12 Days of Christmas. The event notorious for having loads of lag on the last 2-3 days with the highest goals. The 12th day's goal is around 20k interactions - so double the MCW. And even that is enough to almost kill the server when the active users counter is at its peak. I don't know about you but I'd rather have the same old and "boring" MCW than risk losing the special bonus days.
Credits: *Image of Purple Glaceon used with permission* *Avatar is an official Glaceon sprite from Pokemon Conquest*
I'm back! *My new Shop*
Roxcine's AvatarRoxcine
@ Leacky I can get where you're coming from but 12 days of Xmas is just that. 12 days. If the prize system was similar to the way it is now, or even, Type race where the more interactions the more prizes (Z-crystals and fragments in TR case) Would the system lag so much more than it already would? Cause you'd be getting prizes at the end of the event and the interactions can be done over 2 days, not 1 single day like your example for 12 Days. Nothing about the event has to change in bonuses cause it's supposed to be a big "End of Month" push! Even if every prize was a fossil or credits, or even a box I'd be so happy to just get something for the extra activity in MCW EDIT, spelling mistakes, on phone
Raziya's AvatarRaziya
I like the idea but I am also a hardcore clicker. I think that it would feel pretty bad to know that there were rewards that were just not obtainable due to real life, or just not wanting to burn your fingers out, especially if those rewards were really good. If there were rewards, they'd have to be pretty inconsequential I'd feel to not also alienate the vast majority of users who don't click 50k+ times a day. Also, depending on the scaling for the rewards themselves, it could encourage cheating or other behavior to obtain the rewards for fear of missing out. 10k is pretty easily doable for anyone who logs in over two days, anything beyond that is asking a lot. I mentioned something like this in the bonus counter thread but about TR individual scores, as there are people who go way past the 3k personal goal, but as much as I would personally like that as well I don't think it's a healthy goal for people in general.
Score: 9,616
team poison march 2024 trophy by teaspoonsoup!

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page