PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Clearing Notification for Evolution? Evolution Lock?

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Battermesh's AvatarBattermesh
I really like the pre evolved forms of a lot of Pokémon, and I like having them at high levels, or at 100. Its really nice seeing how much they've been interacted with, and I'm almost always hitting the criteria for evolution. I know the ever stone is used to prevent evolution, but it's nice to be able to have it hold something else, especially if it's a showcase Pokémon. The ever stone is also used for breeding, so it won't be useless. But it can be pretty scary always having that button to evolve them always there when clicking on the profile, and it also always showing up in the Pokémon able to evolve page. Maybe it could be kind of like the EXP goal, where you can "clear" the notification? and make it so you have to go into the Pokémons hamburger menu to evolve it, like how you can clear the notification for reaching a certain level. Maybe it could be balanced or something by only having the option once it reaches level 100? so it doesn't make the ever stone entirely useless regarding evolution, but I think anything would be nicer than it is now. Pros: Could make the Farm News section for evolving Pokemon load significantly faster, clears evolution notification if the Pokémon is currently in your party Cons: Could feel redundant with the existence of the everstone, but it would still have other uses, such as being useful for preventing evolution until it hits level 100, and being used in breeding to pass down natures
KaidaMcWoomy's AvatarKaidaMcWoomy
No support. The everstone item, while not necessarily the most aesthetically pleasing to everyone, is the method to lock evolution. And you already have to confirm that you want to evolve your Pokemon, where it warns that evolution is permanent and irreversible. As long as you don't have the Pokemon in your party you won't get the notification either.
She/Her please! I have free fields and free breeding pairs to give away so go to my shop if you want any! Please don't send trade related pms :) Previous Hunt: Paused Hunt: with a 2400ish chain Type Race: 213

QUOTE originally posted by KaidaMcWoomy

No support. The everstone item, while not necessarily the most aesthetically pleasing to everyone, is the method to lock evolution. And you already have to confirm that you want to evolve your Pokemon, where it warns that evolution is permanent and irreversible. As long as you don't have the Pokemon in your party you won't get the notification either.
That's honestly completely fair. I was mostly thinking about it from the point of how the games tend to halt evolution at level 100. I also have like a hundred notifications in my farm news that tell me things are ready to evolve, when I'm not planning on evolving them at all. It'd honestly just be nice to be able to clear the notification since this upcoming weekly event is for evolving newer mons. :p

QUOTE originally posted by Battermesh

That's honestly completely fair. I was mostly thinking about it from the point of how the games tend to halt evolution at level 100. I also have like a hundred notifications in my farm news that tell me things are ready to evolve, when I'm not planning on evolving them at all. It'd honestly just be nice to be able to clear the notification since this upcoming weekly event is for evolving newer mons. :p
Not all games lock evolution at lvl 100. the SW/SH games, if you give them a candy of any sort, they'll still evolve. (I believe this works in all the newer gen games too.) people sell everstones for extremely cheap on the market, so i find no need to support this unless you suggest that exp lock also locks evolution. But even then, I wouldn't support that, as we have an item to lock evolution.
Profile Picture from the KNY (Demon Slayer) Hashira Training Arc key visual (unmodified). Mareep line hoarder. Type Race Score = 25

QUOTE originally posted by DroganTheDragon

Not all games lock evolution at lvl 100. the SW/SH games, if you give them a candy of any sort, they'll still evolve. (I believe this works in all the newer gen games too.) people sell everstones for extremely cheap on the market, so i find no need to support this unless you suggest that exp lock also locks evolution. But even then, I wouldn't support that, as we have an item to lock evolution.
I understand that, but what I meant by that is that you have to intentionally go out of your way to feed a Pokémon a candy to get it to evolve.. it won't keep trying to evolve every time it levels up because it can't level up anymore. Thats what I mean by instead moving it to the hamburger menu / clearing the notification from the Farm News screen, just so you're not constantly being notified that a Pokémon can evolve. I did have the idea of the EXP Lock preventing evolution / clearing the notification, but it's kind of redundant for the reason I was suggesting this anyway xD since it would be to keep people from being able to see how much exp they get from interactions without the Pokémon constantly trying to evolve. Edit: Added pros and cons to the initial post

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page