PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Bonus Counter balance, data and plans

Forum Index > Core > Announcements >

Pages: 12345

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
I will re-state, then, that I am considering further adjustments to Type Race. But I don't want to pile on too many at once, and I'm already planning a general buff to TR for next month, to be formally announced early May.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
skiddo's Avatarskiddo
How does the "power" of the bonus counters factor into this, with the recent Garthic buff, and any possible buffs or nerfs to bonus power in the future? Eg, if Sei's "intended balance" is every 12 days right now for the current Sei power buffs, but the Sei counter is later changed to buff albinos as well, could we expect to see Sei's intended balance increasing to, like, 18 or even higher? And how would these relate to balancing of other site features? Eg, how have the recent shelter adoption budget bonuses been considered?
59 / 200
Not actively buying. Or actively doing anything in general.
(credits)
code by skiddo; banner by mochafox; sprite by pfq; bg is official

QUOTE originally posted by skiddo

How does the "power" of the bonus counters factor into this
It... doesn't. The aspect being dealt with here is entirely based on the time it takes to fill the counters. Suri's bonus, for instance, has needed a shift due to the addition of the fourth Scour Mission, and that's being worked on gradually along with the rest of the balancing.

Eg, if Sei's "intended balance" is every 12 days right now for the current Sei power buffs, but the Sei counter is later changed to buff albinos as well, could we expect to see Sei's intended balance increasing to, like, 18 or even higher?
Absolutely not. The target might be higher because of the number of Specials being hatched, but the "balanced activation time" is still the same.
skiddo's Avatarskiddo

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

How does the "power" of the bonus counters factor into this
It... doesn't. The aspect being dealt with here is entirely based on the time it takes to fill the counters. Suri's bonus, for instance, has needed a shift due to the addition of the fourth Scour Mission, and that's being worked on gradually along with the rest of the balancing.

Eg, if Sei's "intended balance" is every 12 days right now for the current Sei power buffs, but the Sei counter is later changed to buff albinos as well, could we expect to see Sei's intended balance increasing to, like, 18 or even higher?
Absolutely not. The target might be higher because of the number of Specials being hatched, but the "balanced activation time" is still the same.
Thank you for the clarification. ^^
Peckish's AvatarPeckish
Hi Niet! Could you share a copy of the spreadsheet for us nerds to analyse? :P
Icon by Flyeahfy for my use Grookey
157/250 Till my Zarude hunt!

QUOTE originally posted by Peckish

Hi Niet! Could you share a copy of the spreadsheet for us nerds to analyse? :P
Sure, here you go, go do nerdy stuff :D
thundr's Avatarthundr
Very thorough and detailed on what's going on and how you plan to fix it before it spirals out of control! As for the TR thing you mentioned.. that sounds really exciting! I can't wait to see the other adjustments!
Buying jade orbs!
Score: 0
Peckish's AvatarPeckish

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

QUOTE originally posted by Peckish

snip
Sure, here you go, go do nerdy stuff :D
I'm back!

Really Long Nerdy Stuff

Compared to the averages of the time to fill counters (2019-2024), your balance changes are equivalent to: An 18% increase to Niet A 3% decrease to Garthic A 10% increase to Suriya A 40% increase to Ravyne A 42% increase to Novie A 36% increase to Shazi A 14% increase to Eltafez A 31% increase to Sei (including the anomaly year) A 42% increase to Sei (excluding the anomaly year) Also, I roughly estimated the activity and increase in bonus counters for '25 if activity continues to trend upwards: Niet: 170M Garthic: 780M Suriya: 800k Ravyne: 1.35M Novie: 660M Shazi: 630k Eltafez: 2.5M Sei: 10777 Graph for my predictions: If I were to instead use the current activity increase (Which is ridiculous, congrats!) the numbers are a bit different: Niet: 190M Garthic: 900M Suriya: 1M Ravyne: 1.6M Novie: 725M Shazi: 650k Eltafez: 3M Sei: 12777 Graph for current activity increase: All I could really make out of this is: 1. We've got a long way to go for balancing 2. The sites growing :D (Well Done!)

Img of whole sheet

Pages: 12345

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page