PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

PFQ School?!

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Heartmint's AvatarHeartmint
so in this thread Niet said that there's school's IP Address with 100+ account. Im really curious about it, and i figure i'll ask about it here. did anybody goes to that school? how it is there? did you guys making trades at lunch there or something like that? how's the teachers react to that? share your stories here to me and everybody that would read about that!
Score: 0
Original by LycanKai, new by NassiLove, icon by Pokefarm
Yahan's AvatarYahan
I wonder if it's a college campus where students have much more freedom and flexibility, not a k-12 school. That's just my guess as an elementary-certified teacher who's currently interviewing for my 3rd application cycle lol Sidebar: as fun as PFQ is idk if I'd recommend this to my kiddos, until they reach high school anyway Edit: also going back to re-read (and this is nitpicking) I wonder if Niet was referring to how across all the school IPs there are 100+ accounts. It feels like he would've said something like "there's one particular school IP out there associated with 100+ accounts" if one school IP had 100+ accounts associated with it Although tbh idk how IPs are classified so idk if "school" is a valid category /npa
I use tone tags! Ones I tend to use the most are /gen
genuine
, /nf
not forced
,/nm
not mad
, /lh
light hearted
, /npa
not passive aggressive
, /pos
positive
, /neu
neutral
, /s
sarcastic
. (Hover over for meanings~)
Credits: Avatar
made by Anna-Ravenrock
|| Signature
my design. Luvdisc is one of my Pokemon OCs adapted from an official Luvdisc sprite, girl and the quote are both from Erin Entrada Kelly's novel You Go First
AHHH RUN's AvatarAHHH RUN
At least some instances have got to be college campuses. I've seen a lot of About Mes of people in their late teens / early 20s, which is around college age; and universities can have like >50,000 students at a time, most of which have the option to goof off on their laptops during class.

@Yahan convoluted explanation

Technically, yes, users from the same 'school IP' really refers to a group of different IP addresses... ish. Kind of. Say you have a router at home, and its IP address is, as an illustrative example that would never really happen, "0.0.0.1". Then every device on your home network - your phone, computer, smart TV etc - will tell servers to send their responses to 0.0.0.1. If several people are connected to your wifi, it will look like all of you are sending from the "same" IP... But also, and I'm omitting technical details because it gets confusing, your router essentially assigns an ID to your specific device, and it tells the server that ID so that the server, when it responds, can remind the router of which device is supposed to get the response. So the server would see something like, "Send this data to 0.0.0.1 and by the way remind me that it's for Device A." If your buddy logs on at the same time, the server gets a second request, "Send this other data to 0.0.0.1 and remind me that it's for Device B." So those could count as different "IPs," even though they're both going to 0.0.0.1, which is the same IP. IP addresses belonging to schools are going to work the same way, except that A) many universities have their own permanent IP addresses reserved for their router(s), and B) btw they, and anyone else, can use multiple routers. So a university could own a router whose address is 0.0.1.0 and another whose address is 0.0.1.1, and each router has different devices connected to it. That's technically two IP addresses, one for each router. But people will still refer to them as "the school IP address" because everyone knows they both belong to this particular university.
Plus if a K12 school had 100+ active PFQ users, that school would probably block the website from their own wifi lol. No fun allowed.
Heartmint's AvatarHeartmint

QUOTE originally posted by AHHH RUN

Plus if a K12 school had 100+ active PFQ users, that school would probably block the website from their own wifi lol. No fun allowed.
Well this is the most compelling argument that it's probably not k12 school. Though I still want to dream
Pssp. It could still be a k-12 school. I've seen very smart people do very dumb things...such as hack into a school computer just to be on Discord. I could easily think one could do so with PFQ But prob university def. And maybe he meant school in general.
Star | She/Her | Psychopath
BORED TO DEATH!!
Collecting
x 500 x 500
Sells a variety of things!
Credits
Full credits here. PFP => Salty_Lightning on Pinterest Button => Kaelwolfur

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page