PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Autoplay policy in Chrome conflict

Forum Index > Core > Bugs >

Citrisfur's AvatarCitrisfur
Playing on Chrome, desktop. Assuming this is an issue with other devices as well (not other non-chromium browsers). If the user does not interact with the page in some way first, media will not be allowed to autoplay. Added as a change as seen here, introduced in 2018. Two known examples so far, both being audio media/sound effects: In general, notification sounds (although I believe irrelevant, here I opened my field tab, recieved a notification from the lab and no sound played): I unfortunately do not know where this is in the source code but hopefully the image provides enough context. In the PokeWalker: on line 550 of the PokeWalker's shared source code, in the splash scene init function, the `sfx("menu").play();` line. The menu sound doesn't play when loading if the user hasn't done anything yet; and they likely wouldn't, the PokeWalker hasn't loaded yet and there isn't a reason to interact with it. For reference, this error does not appear in the console and I hear the menu sound when I click the PokeWalker before the menu appears, and it appears and plays no sound when I don't click the page. These are not large issues in my opinion, but since I've seen it in multiple places on PokeFarm I wanted to bring it to attention.
Creator of PokeFarm Pokemon IVs;
a userscript that reports your best owned Pokemon.

PM if you're interested in or are an IV breeder and you'd like to join our group!

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page