PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

adding a totem sticker voucher

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Pages: 12

Mio Xenoblade's AvatarMio Xenoblade
Suggestion Title: adding "totem sticker voucher" and "totem sticker voucher q" to the game, to be sold in the tourney prize shop, similar to mega and data volume vouchers. Suggestion Summary: adding a voucher to get super totem stickers for both alola mons and pfq mons. i know that before this, alola mons never had a super totem sticker to my knowledge - but now could be a good time to add them! this wouldn't apply to zygarde cells however as that's not a totem forme. Positive points: - makes totems more accessible by giving a more expensive, but less time-consuming way to get them. - makes totems more in line with other special formes like megas and paradoxes. Negative points: - ruining the sticker market? but from my observation those are very rarely bought. a new market would pop up in its place for the vouchers themselves. Reason For Consideration: totems, in my opinion, are way underapprecited and underused compared to megas and paradoxes. they take a really long time to get, and i wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people have no idea how to get totems, or gave up after seeing how long it takes. at the VERY least, some text should be added to the scour page that points people in the direction to get totems. "You can find Berries, Accessories, Credits, Evolution items, Treasure Boxes and perhaps more!" is not enough. something like "Some Pokémon can find exclusive items when sent out on scours - try sending a Togedemaru on a mission and see what it brings back!" seeing as the first mission in a new area from a totem-able mon always brings back a sticker, this guarantees the player will get a sticker and will help them out in getting a totem.
juno
mio is fine too!
| adult | any pronouns | pfq's otter hoarder
f2u codecode shoptrade shopjournal
art by me for my use only!
saberia12's Avatarsaberia12
support and this would save so much time especially with the current tourny id have to pause any totems i was doing just to get the tourny ranking up and this is a luck tourny kinda
ProfilePic: made by me for me alone. Aka Credit saberia12 08/29/2021 Collecting for a future hunt
× 5 / 500
ValleryP's AvatarValleryP
I'm a bit on the fence. I like this idea but Totems are also suppose to be kind of harder to get (since in the game it isn't easy to just get a Totem Pokemon). It also states that in the US/UM games, "Totem-sized Pokémon can be only obtained in Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, where they can be received from Samson Oak at Heahea Beach after meeting him for the first time at Route 2 depending on the number of Totem Stickers the player has obtained." Then when you find out how to obtain the Totem Stickers you get, "They are scattered throughout Alola and are easily recognizable because they shine, but some of them are hard to find because they are covered by other objects or are visible only from certain positions." I've seen PFQ at least try to keep on par with the games so this is probably the reason for the whole scour search (must adapt with it being a bit different). Yes we have Super Totem Stickers for the PFQ Totems but users also only get that through the MCW (though some usually sell them afterwards) in order to actually give a prize. I for one wouldn't want to get told that there is a new totem but I would have to do the scours just to get it after putting work into doing the MCW lol. Do not get me wrong I like the idea of it being like the Data Volumes/Mega Stones but I also like the idea of trying to keep it close to the way the game is played. Sorry if none of that made sense lol.

QUOTE originally posted by saberia12

support and this would save so much time especially with the current tourny id have to pause any totems i was doing just to get the tourny ranking up and this is a luck tourny kinda
You don't have to pause your totem search since according to the Wiki "Totem Stickers and Zygarde Cells will override normal finds. Therefore, the points rewarded will be for what the users would have gotten for the normal find." If I remember correctly this was told to us (or verified) from either Niet himself or one of the staff members (It has been awhile tbh). I have gotten different amount of points for finding a Totem Sticker though.
Score: 0

Apocalyptic Growlithe Pic|Avi by Kattling
pfq isn't a traditional pokemon game though. i personally skipped ultra sun and moon, and i know there are people who have never played a main series game or started with scarlet/violet that might not think to try this. take paradoxes for example. if pfq wanted to mimic pokemon games exactly, they would have made them obtainable from eggs and have no relation to the present day versions of the pokemon in that sense. they'd have separate dex entries, not listed as formes of the original mon. (i'm glad it ISNT that way though, the ultra beasts were hard enough!) i'm just all for making these alternate formes more accessible. they'd still be hard to obtain as the vouchers would cost tokens, they wouldn't be given out for free. it just seems odd that totems are treated the same way as megas and now paradoxes in a lot of ways, but aren't obtainable in similar ways. i don't mean to sound argumentative, just adding more to my original point ^^
KaidaMcWoomy's AvatarKaidaMcWoomy
Support! I missed a bunch of totem mass click weekends and it would be nice to have a way to totem my mons without having to send em on a ton of scours. Another person brough up the time comparisons for finding the totem stickers in USUM. Respectfully, that was still a lot shorter of a time sink. In Pokefarm Q, bare minimum, you need 30+ scours (5 stickers per area, 6 areas) to change a single totem mon's forme. That's 30 hours of scouring, plus the extra time it takes for the energy to be replenished. Realistically most people are probably going to get somewhere around 10 scours a day because of the time, so you're looking at 3 days minimum, with the mons resting the other 14 hours. Then consider that the stickers get progressively rarer the more you find in a single area. So that tacks on extra time. Then consider on top of that that stickers occupy the "rarest" find level, and are not affected by boosts or energy least. I'd guess you're probably looking at closer to 40-50 hours of scouring for each individual totem mon (keep in mind that is a guess, based on the few mons I've been able to totem) Compare that to USUM. The totem stickers' locations are predetermined. There are lists out there online as to where they are located. If you are starting a hunt for them when you are pretty far along in the game, you'll be able to grab most of them pretty quickly. It's not going to take days on end to get them all, and it's not left up to a semi-random change as to whether or not you find one. Additionally, both Megas and Paradoxes have two ways of obtaining the item needed - a paid way (the vouchers) and the free way (finding the item in a box). Totems do not. Adding a totem voucher would bring them more in line with the other two permanent forme changes. I'm guessing it would probably cost more upfront to get a totem voucher since the toteming process doesn't cost anything, but I wouldn't mind paying that instead when compared to the sheer amount of scours you have to do for a single totem mon.
She/Her please! I have free fields and free breeding pairs to give away so go to my shop if you want any! Please don't send trade related pms :) Previous Hunt: Paused Hunt: with a 2400ish chain Type Race: 0
bump
bump
I support! It'd be nice to have a way to quickly get totem stickers, however they'd have to make sure it's not too cheap as to account for the time it takes for totem scouring as KaidaMcWoomy mentioned for times But overall I would love to see a new and improved place for stickers other than being a collectable item! ^^
  • c l i c c
  • Collecting/buying
  • Reminder/credit
here's my shop if you're interested :') 0
100/500 17-20ZC (market price dependent; priority) my collectors price
21/500! 12-19ZC my collectors price (MP dependent/second priority)
2/500! 20ZC my collectors price
don't forget to drink water ~Pfp is from The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles (Van Zieks!) coded this myself with the help of the wiki's useful BBCode guide
LunarHibiscus's AvatarLunarHibiscus
I fully support this and i don't see why not since there are the vouchers for both mega's and not data volumes, having a voucher for totem stickers wouldn't really be a bad thing plus it would give those a chance to get the totem they want that they may have not gotten the chance to get before or if it's just one of their favorites.
Credits go to heysoup for the cute Noibat icon they drew.
bump

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page