PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Recode v2 Dev Log

Forum Index > Core > Announcements >

Pages: 1234

sceoh's Avatarhypermode-12.pngsceoh
hypermode.pnggrandmaster.pngd+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Neonyan

Oh I'm so glad youre accepting some form of coding/programming help. You're great at what you do, but it's so helpful to have someone to bounce off of and give you feedback who has access to your code that you trust. Excited for this!
An appdev buddy of mine used to call this "rubber ducking." The basis is that even just talking through something to yourself can help you work out your next steps. Having a rubber duck that talks back and knows about the things you're working with can definitely be even more productive. Having a dedicated VM to run things is great, but I might just think that because I like sorting things into containers. Thank you Niet for the thorough updates, getting a peek into the site's workings has made my excitement for the updates all the better :D
v-psychic.png ×6450 v-psychic.png >> art shop is back up! << Looking for bashful pokes! Check my fields for swaps.
Arcite's Avatarhypermode-12.pngArcite
hypermode.pngarceus.pngc+.png
I know no one asked, and it's not exactly my place, but dang, so proud of you for taking this on Niet, and Moonsy too! It is a massive undertaking, and one that probably seems even more daunting when you consider it's not your first rodeo remaking the game. I am so grateful for your commitment to making our little corner of the internet that much cleaner and better and also for all the changes you have made recently both with the game and with communication and structure. That is actually rad. As is the the community's combined effort to be vocal but kind and detailed in their feedback in the time I have been back. I have been playing since PF1, took a very long hiatus and have been back for almost a year now... with no intention of leaving. I love this site, despite being unable to explain WHY to anyone outside of it haha. Seeing the avg user number rise is also something that makes me smile, despite it bringing to light the load everything was putting on your code spaghetti lol. (no offense intended, I know how it goes.) Thanks for the update! In the time since I started pokefarming I have married a programmer so I always love to hear about projects and the adventure in problem solving that is that field, lol. Especially when the news is that it's looking good. I had always wondered how this site was hosted. Best of luck! Edit: Seeing the post above mine-- That's a REALLY good term, I'm stealing that lol. I was just talking to a friend about how a fresh set of eyes can be really helpful for this sorta thing.
[Avatar by Cryst. Character design by Hime.] [Formerly KikiLink, please call me Arcite or Seiya.]
QueenNirn's AvatarQueenNirn
grandmaster.pnge+.png
Computer engineers, all coders, and techy peeps in general amaze me. I'm a biology person. Computers make zero intuitive sense to me and I'm grateful for people like you. It's friggin magic to me. You are the Royal Highness of Computer Wizardry to me.
Power taken is power borrowed, power given is power kept.
Score: 207
Badge created by Lycankai
I concur with QueenNirn, lol. However I deeply respect you taking on such a huge project, I could never, lol. Thanks for all the effort you put in this game, it's amazing and the fact that you put so much effort into making the site better makes me love this game all the more. :D
Always helping anyone with anything, Just Ask!
Shadow Pawmi Avatar by me!
Raziya's Avatarhypermode-12.pngv-fire.pngRaziya
booster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngc+.png
I watched for a bit and while I understand nothing at all it's very cool to see and I'm very happy to see the enthusiasm 🥰
Score: 16,340
team poison march 2024 trophy by teaspoonsoup!
Rhunya's Avatarhypermode-12.pngRhunya
hypermode.pnggrandmaster.pnge+.png
Run on Save was the best discovery I've ever made in VSCode xD
Sprite made by Champion Spectra!
Score: 4373
made by LycanKai
NassiLove's AvatarNassiLove
master.pnge.png
I'm learning to code right now so watching these are always so helpful! I'm a visual learner so it helps seeing what people are doing and go through their thought process. This task sounds like a huge amount of work. Even a feature that seems small and easy to add can be a real pain when you try to code it, especially when trying to make sure it won't be technical debt! Not to mention the whole site! Good luck to everyone involved, and take some breaks so you don't get burnout :3 The site is super laggy for me right now but I don't really mind all that much. It still works if I wait long enough, I was around when computers were a big cube that could only play pac man after all. Man I'm not even a millennial and I sound old. Edit: it's not laggy anymore, idk what was going on tbh, maybe it was on my end, but who knows. It's fixed now tho!
Noahverse's Avatarhypermode-12.pngNoahverse
hypermode.pngarceus.pngd+.png
I didn't watch the stream, but I read your update; I'm really glad PFQ is moving towards modern best practices! It'll make things so much easier on you to maintain and add to down the line 🥰 Don't know much about PHP in general, but Docker, Bash and Github are powerful new tools in your arsenal. So excited to see what's coming, and enjoy your new dev environment :)

Noah | he/they | AuDHD

v-fairy.pngfairy.png: 0 pts!
Journal (F2U codes) credits

credits

Code @RAINB0W Forum Icon F2U @MellowKun on Deviantart Divider F2U @hedgehominoid on Deviantart Signature Pagedoll F2U @SquishDemon on Deviantart Shop logo commissionned from Lilieth for my shop
I collect fairy Deltas!
^ My Trade Shop! ^
Will this, perhaps, possibly... fix the minor error where Text dosent load properly on mobile, requiring said text to be Highlighted to Render in properly? It's a minor, harmless bug, So I never reported it, but... I AM getting a bit frustrated with S rs MI so ns to places such as the D ss rt or O an. I just chalked it up to A load error, As Highlighting the text seemed to fix it, and it only happens on mobile... SHOULD I make a Bug Report?
Dragonssong43's AvatarDragonssong43
master.png

QUOTE originally posted by ToxicaAkuahebi

Will this, perhaps, possibly... fix the minor error where Text dosent load properly on mobile, requiring said text to be Highlighted to Render in properly? It's a minor, harmless bug, So I never reported it, but... I AM getting a bit frustrated with S rs MI so ns to places such as the D ss rt or O an. I just chalked it up to A load error, As Highlighting the text seemed to fix it, and it only happens on mobile... SHOULD I make a Bug Report?
i would. just so there is a record of it. the new code thats being worked on will probably run better on both mobile and pc. ohh and dont forget to take breaks niet! that sounds like a lot of work to do and still needs to be done!
Everything has a song. can u hear it? avatar from flightrising. terms of use can be found here: Emerald

Pages: 1234

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page