PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

PokeWalker Steps Purchasing

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Citrisfur's AvatarCitrisfur
Currently a user can exchange Interaction Points for Steps in the Pokewalker, which in turn generate Watts at a rate of 1K IP = 100 Steps = 5 Watts. The Dowsing Minigame, the main reason why I exchange IP for steps, goes for 3 Watts each attempt, and your Pokemon can hold 3 items at a time before needing to transfer them to PFQ. This means, to be as conservative as possible and with best luck, for 3 successful Dowsing attempts I need to pay 2k IP for 10 Watts, and I lose 1 Watt. More often, I will lose 2-4 Watts through this per each transfer as I only pay enough for the amount of dowsing attempts I have left.

Edit: Here's some math to show what I mean.

With the assumption I get an item on every dowsing attempt in a day (which is essentially impossible): Exact Watts per 3 Good Dowsings / Watts per 3 Good Dowsings = Percentage of Watts wasted on Good Dowsings (1 - (9 Watts / 10 Watts)) * 100 = 10% of Lost IP Daily Cap / Steps to IP = Daily IP 15000 Steps / (100 Steps / 1000 IP) = 150,000 IP Daily IP * Percentage of Watts wasted on Good Dowsings = Minimum Daily IP Lost 150,000 IP * 10% of Lost IP = 15,000 IP So at best odds we lose at least 10% of our payment. With similar logic: Daily Cap / Steps to Watts = Daily Watts 15000 Steps / (20 Steps / 1 Watt) = 750 Watts Daily Watts / Watts per 3 Good Dowsings = Daily 3 Good Dowsing Attempts 750 Watts / (10 Watts / 1 Attempt) = 75 Attempts Daily Watts / Exact Watts per 3 Good Dowsings = Exact Daily 3 Good Dowsing Attempts 750 Watts / (9 Watts / 1 Attempt) = 83 1/3 Attempts (It's not evenly divisible, that's fine) Daily 3 Good Dowsing Attempts / Exact Daily 3 Good Dowsing Attempts = Percentage of missing Good Dowsing Attempts (1 - (75 Attempt / 83 1/3 Attempts)) * 100 = 10% of lost attempts So at best odds we could have another 10% of our daily attempts. With the example here, that's 83 - 75 = 8 more attempts * 3 items each = 24 extra items daily.
I understand that storing Watts is one of the features of the Pokewalker - to unlock new areas - and that this situation will indirectly do that, but after reaching the last area it's just wasted watts as far as I know (and conversly IP). It may not be much of a deal for a casual player, but I've spent millions of IP dowsing daily and the losses add up at such a scale. My suggestion would be for the exchange to scale by tens of IP, not thousands, or alternatively make the exchange scale by Watts/Steps, not by IP.
Creator of PokeFarm Pokemon IVs;
a userscript that reports your best owned Pokemon.

PM if you're interested in or are an IV breeder and you'd like to join our group!
Bump
Bump
Bump
Bump

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page