PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Code to tell status for online/offline

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 12345

NotLeo's AvatarNotLeo
Suggestion Title:Optional Code to tell status for online/offline Suggestion Summary:Basically, it is a code that you can put into your about me or shop that can tell other players if you are offline or online. It will work like this: [on] [online]If online, then it will display a set message. Put in inbetween quotation marks"I am online"[/online] [offline]If offline, then vice versa "I am offline, please come back soon!"[/offline] [/on] Positive points:Helps other players know when to request trades, send Pms or when to expect the owner of a shop to reply. And you won;t have to change your status constantly if logging on and off every few secs. Negative points:It is an optional BBcode, so it won"t affect those who do not want it. Reason For Consideration:Please see Positive points amd suggestion summary..
credit | pfp commissioned by gezeichnet
Lørentius's AvatarLørentius

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

Can we please stop using "May be complicated to code" as a "negative point"? Firstly, who cares if it's "difficult to code", if it's a good idea then I'll put in the effort! Second, how do you know? Unless you're also a game developer with a level of experience on par or above my own, then you have little place judging the difficulty of a piece of code...
Honestly, I don't find such a thing necessary - you can easily put your online status on your Trainer Card/About Me/Shop. No support. EDIT: I also wouldn't want people to view my online status... Sometimes I check in from time to time in school and I often don't have much time to do anything there.
Lore/Lorentius | They/them Avatar by feshnie on dA | 58881 Nanabs

QUOTE originally posted by Sei

As an additional note, please read the following before adding in negative points:

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

Can we please stop using "May be complicated to code" as a "negative point"? Firstly, who cares if it's "difficult to code", if it's a good idea then I'll put in the effort! Second, how do you know? Unless you're also a game developer with a level of experience on par or above my own, then you have little place judging the difficulty of a piece of code...
Edit: Whoops, didn't see someone else had posted before me, posted right as I hit reply to thread.
Call me "Padfoot" please. They/them. Avatar done by panpixel Flarotis design by PFQ
Mystera's AvatarMystera
Define online. Is it when you're actively loading new pages? When you've performed an action within a minute? Lots of people log in and out throughout the day, so it could give false readings, rendering it useless.
NotLeo's AvatarNotLeo
when you have a Pokefarm page open...
Mystera's AvatarMystera
Someone could easily have the site open in the background while they're either in another tab or afk altogether. I do both very frequently.
NotLeo's AvatarNotLeo
Ok, Then what about actively opening pages?
Kang's AvatarKang
No support. There's the "Online Users" section for a reason. Plus I feel it is pointless all together. Especially if someone puts it in a thread and that thread becomes inactive. People then may go to the owner of the thread and issues will probably arise there. If you want someone to know you're online, why not add in a status on your about me, trainer card or your own shop/thread? I just feel that this is pointless and not really worth it in/for the long run.
  • Info
  • Banners
  • Other Credits
I collect Tidal Bells
I buy them for 150k cr or 30 zc as long as i can afford it! Please DM me if you have any for sale!
175/500+

0/3000
Forum Icon: By LilypadLife of my character Frost! Check out their art shop!
credit
Code @Colorful Pixel art @Blazermaze00
NotLeo's AvatarNotLeo
That would be true, but it would save a bit of time rather than having to change a word every time you log off or on.
Holmes's AvatarHolmes
I would actually really like to see this. It's an optional code that you choose whether or not you want to use, so not wanting someone to see you online isn't really a reason to not want it, as you don't have to use it. As someone who does a fair amount of trades, I think it would be really handy to have in my shop whether or not I'm online, so that the person offering doesn't get impatient and withdraw their offer, thinking I'm ignoring them. Sure, I could put it on my trainer card or just type in the shop whether I'm on or not, but honestly, that's just a lot of hassle. I'm just speaking on behalf of myself here obviously, but I sometimes spend 10-20 minutes online to check my party/threads/messages, and other times I'm here for a few hours. So should I update it only if I'll be on for more than a few minutes (which kind of defeats the purpose)? I want people to know when I'm online - so they know when to set up trades, when to expect me to reply to them, etc. There's also a chance that no one would even think to check my trainer card after posting to see whether I was online or not. The online list is handy, for clicking. That's pretty much it. There's no search feature, you would have to go through as many as 10+ pages using the search feature of your browser looking to see if one user is online, and that's just... inconvenient. Plus, since we go "offline" after, I believe it was 15 minutes of inactivity? If the online list can say whether we're AFK or not, I'm sure it's possible to give us the option for an online/offline code. Anyways, I dunno, that's just how I feel about it. I think it would be a really cool feature. But there's always the chance that the staff are already planning an alternate way of telling whether or not a user is online. Personally I like knowing if someone is online or not, as long as it doesn't give specifics about what they're doing (like how it used to be). Okay, wow, sorry for the novel. tldr version: I support this. :3

Pages: 12345

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page