PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Improve the Lab on mobile

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Kahuna's AvatarKahuna
I'm a big fan of the Lab changes that were put in recently, having more slots especially is exciting. My only complaint is that having 8 slots in the Lab with the current layout adds a lot of scrolling to get to the refresh button, located underneath the Lab slots on mobile.

Gif of me refreshing the Lab

For me, it takes about 4 standard scrolling finger motions to get to the refresh button. Obviously, this is not a terrible issue, 4 motions is not that hard. But I think it could be improved. I have a few potential suggestions for changes that could help.
  1. Add another Refresh button at the top of the page, only on mobile. Pro: No swiping motions needed to refresh. Con: Having 2 buttons that do the same thing and something that appears only on mobile might be bad UI standards.
  2. Decrease the size of the boxes so that two can appear on the same line on mobile. Pro: Less scrolling needed, more eggs visible at once. Con: May be too cramped, especially for smaller phones.
  3. Add a compact mode for the Lab, which would hide the text and potentially make the boxes smaller. Pro: Less scrolling, and doesn't require a significant UI change. Con: Hides the text, though to be honest I don't think the text has any use unless you haven't discovered the egg yet. This mode could potentially only hide the descriptions of eggs you've already discovered
I'm open to other suggestions as well of course, if you have another idea that you think could help this feel free to post it.
If I forget to respond to a post or trade please PM me! I may have forgotten to subscribe. Avatar from Pokémon Showdown April Fools Day sprites, recolored by me.
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
I may be able to make the descriptions into tooltips on the eggs rather than always be shown, at least as an option for mobile... I'll look into it.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Kahuna's AvatarKahuna
Thanks, I think that would be great! The egg descriptions are cool, but very much unnecessary once you have the Pokedex filled out and already know what Pokemon the eggs are.
Goatlady's AvatarGoatlady
I'm glad someone has suggested this because I thought I was just being picky about the increased scrolling. Also happy that Niet responded too. Looking forward to a more compact option.
  • Shop
  • Typerace
  • My Special Monz
  • Links
TUBG are an efficient and enthusiastic Team, offering these services: Ditto Speed Dating, Custom Breeding Pairs including Exclusives, Shelter Hunting, Exclusives Hatching, Charm Rental and selling our Special hatches, + items. Don't be shy, come drop by!
Nothing has more points than sharpened Steel!
Score: 0
Banner created by LycanKai
StartermonFirst Melanmon
Lv. 100 — +1,345,887
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
FirePsychic
Happiness 27%
Sassy nature
Reaper Cloth

Reaper Cloth

Evolution Item

(: 0)

A fabric imbued with evil energies.

Sells for 1,750

Lv. 100 — +1,783,860
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Ghost
Happiness 27%
Rash nature
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Take a look now, what do you think?
Kahuna's AvatarKahuna
This is absolutely perfect. All eggs fit on one screen for me and it's super easy to get to the reload button. Thanks so much for such a quick and effective change!

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page