PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

(NEEDS MOVING) rework trading in type race threads

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Pages: 123

Mio Xenoblade's AvatarMio Xenoblade
seconding what skiddo said - it is allowed currently (i had to ask a mod for clarification on this), as long as people don't post that they're sending any via the team thread, only through pm/just labelling the trade!
juno
mio is fine too!
| adult | any pronouns | pfq's otter hoarder
f2u codecode shoptrade shopjournal
art by me for my use only!
SeshieLover's AvatarSeshieLover
So does that mean a teammate can ask for said pokemon in the thread? like this. i need x pokemon to finish making a pair? i ask because how does anyone on the team know they need these pokes to make a pair if they don't ask first? if you are asking for a pokemon to make a pair it would fall into begging. i believe we still need the type race rules to be made more clear with lists of what is considered tr related and also examples or what are ok ways to go about things and what are not okay things.
My type race0. My trade thread can be found here
× 441 / 500 ---value at 20zc-will buy or swap
Avitar Sprite credit Zorualord14

QUOTE originally posted by SeshieLover

So does that mean a teammate can ask for said pokemon in the thread? like this. i need x pokemon to finish making a pair? i ask because how does anyone on the team know they need these pokes to make a pair if they don't ask first? if you are asking for a pokemon to make a pair it would fall into begging. i believe we still need the type race rules to be made more clear with lists of what is considered tr related and also examples or what are ok ways to go about things and what are not okay things.
100% agreed. the fact i had to ask a mod for clarification shows how confusing it is.
Raziya's AvatarRaziya
I still struggle with WHY this has to be so convoluted 🫠 I will admit I made a team trading thread because I genuinely thought it would be easier for everyone and it's something that even was discussed in the original announcement where the TR thread rules were being broken. It wasn't mentioned that would be an issue when I brought it up then so I mistakenly assumed it was the right thing to do. I was wrong and I'm okay with being wrong. But why the effort to keep everything in PMs and so secretive? It's so weird to me. If someone posts in the thread looking for help and someone replies saying they WILL help, I feel like this is going to encourage more people to ask for help, out in the open where it can been seen. People often are anxious about sending PMs - I really go out of my way to make myself approachable in regards to questions or asking for help and I still have had people hesitant to send me a message. I have mentioned it before and I think it deserves mentioning again that the TR is about the community and helping each other. Or at least that's how I have interpreted it. It shouldn't be so difficult to help someone, for both the person wanting help and the one wanting to give it. I just want a clear way to offer help that is easy for everyone to see and use. I personally don't think PMs are it, and maybe a TR help thread isn't it either. But we need something better than what we have now, which is praying someone will send us a message. Edit: I hope this didn't come off as aggressive, I just really like to help people and want to be able to without feeling like I'm going to get in trouble for doing so. It's something very important to me and I feel very passionate about it. I know it's a lot of work to wrangle so many people and so many items, and I appreciate the time you take in reading my post ❤️
Score: 0
team poison march 2024 trophy by teaspoonsoup!
RosyBird's AvatarRosyBird
Alright, now I’ve confused myself 😂 From the news post a while ago, it sounds like you’re allowed to offer pokemon for free to others (like for breeding pair making), once. And if someone wants it, they PM you. Idk about you guys, I’ve never considered offering regular pokemon that I’m hunting. But apparently we need to…? Because isn’t asking for single regular pokemon still considered begging, whether or not anyone replies publicly? And then it becomes a loop where if you want a single mon someone is hunting, if they haven’t offered them for free, then you can’t ask, not even in PMs. So, ??? (all of that depends on if it’s against the rules to ask for singles to make breeding pairs for though. That is still unclear to me ^^’) (I know the Official Solution is to put the request in your forum signature and then post about something else, but that brings about a whole bunch of other little problems. Most importantly to me, post about what? Idk if you’re allowed to point out your signature, and if you don’t have anything to post about, you can’t let people see your request! You can’t even make a vague “we’re doing good guys!” post, because cheerleading is ALSO against the rules!) Overall we really do need clarification/specific examples, since “unrelated” is pretty subjective 😔 + Raziya, I feel you, your trade thread being deleted is what inspired my first message :(
yes to all of this. it shouldnt need to be so complicated but it is, because of the lack of clarification!!!! at the very least we need definitive rules of what we can and cannot do.
SeshieLover's AvatarSeshieLover

QUOTE originally posted by Raziya

I still struggle with WHY this has to be so convoluted 🫠 I will admit I made a team trading thread because I genuinely thought it would be easier for everyone and it's something that even was discussed in the original announcement where the TR thread rules were being broken. It wasn't mentioned that would be an issue when I brought it up then so I mistakenly assumed it was the right thing to do. I was wrong and I'm okay with being wrong. But why the effort to keep everything in PMs and so secretive? It's so weird to me. If someone posts in the thread looking for help and someone replies saying they WILL help, I feel like this is going to encourage more people to ask for help, out in the open where it can been seen. People often are anxious about sending PMs - I really go out of my way to make myself approachable in regards to questions or asking for help and I still have had people hesitant to send me a message. I have mentioned it before and I think it deserves mentioning again that the TR is about the community and helping each other. Or at least that's how I have interpreted it. It shouldn't be so difficult to help someone, for both the person wanting help and the one wanting to give it. I just want a clear way to offer help that is easy for everyone to see and use. I personally don't think PMs are it, and maybe a TR help thread isn't it either. But we need something better than what we have now, which is praying someone will send us a message. Edit: I hope this didn't come off as aggressive, I just really like to help people and want to be able to without feeling like I'm going to get in trouble for doing so. It's something very important to me and I feel very passionate about it. I know it's a lot of work to wrangle so many people and so many items, and I appreciate the time you take in reading my post ❤️
i fully agree with what you are saying. my team thread has already broken plenty of rules this race with how strict they are. i haven't reported any of these very little things because i see nothing wrong with someone offering there red giga out to teammates the same as a shelter pass would be. go ahead and ban me for not reporting these things (as one can get in trouble for not reporting things they know are breaking rules )if you want but i will report what i think is wrong and brakes the rules not someone just trying to be a nice person. i would also like to say that when it comes to making everyone do everything through pm. this is not ideal for most users at all and discourages a lot imo. i can't delete or even hide pms so each month if i am geting a ton of tr pms about things from users i probably won't talk to again then it's just clogging up my already long history of messages and makes it more annoying for me to find users i actualy need/want to talk to. @rosybird yes exactly it's far to complicated and if it's going to be kept like this then what is the point of having a team thread at all? the click list is the only thing i can think of as posting about every special isn't something i care to be apart of on a thread so i wouldn't sub and do any interaction with the team if thats the case. i asked in the psa thread "what are we suppost to talk about on a team thread?" and never got an answer to that. as if most of what we have been doing in our team threads is agaist the rules it doean't leave much reason to have the thread in the first place. overall something needs to change with the typerace rules/team threads as the players and staff seem to be having differant views on all of this.
this has been completed as of this update, so i'll lock the thread.
bumping only because this should be moved to completed, surely??!!

Pages: 123

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page