PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Make Tournament Egg a Target Score

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 12

Orchid's AvatarOrchid

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

I'm sorry but this would utterly destroy the Tournaments feature and the entire economy around it.
I agree with Niet. I'm a long time player even with my gaps in playtime. Even if I'm not a fan of the current tournament I still try to at least get the minimum amount of points needed for tokens. While it's "not fun" saving up or remembering to exchange your tokens so you don't lose them, I don't mind it. I tend to keep mine at the current token level and only convert what I need to for purchase. Somethings are meant to be expensive in the item shop. While sure it sucks, most of what is there can also be found in the market place. If I miss on any event egg I just wait to get it until it's cheaper so I don't have to use as many tokens, because tokens are valuable and worth a lot to other trainers. And truthfully, I only find one item in the prize shop expensive and that's the dragon ball. It's not the most expensive one, but to me personally it is expensive but I still think fairly priced. But I instead did dex trades for the rest of the Saiyan Rattata line.
0 Type Race Hunt: 26 / 1807 / 0 Journal Avatar by Janssi for my use only

QUOTE originally posted by Orchid

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

I'm sorry but this would utterly destroy the Tournaments feature and the entire economy around it.
I agree with Niet. I'm a long time player even with my gaps in playtime. Even if I'm not a fan of the current tournament I still try to at least get the minimum amount of points needed for tokens. While it's "not fun" saving up or remembering to exchange your tokens so you don't lose them, I don't mind it. I tend to keep mine at the current token level and only convert what I need to for purchase. Somethings are meant to be expensive in the item shop. While sure it sucks, most of what is there can also be found in the market place. If I miss on any event egg I just wait to get it until it's cheaper so I don't have to use as many tokens, because tokens are valuable and worth a lot to other trainers. And truthfully, I only find one item in the prize shop expensive and that's the dragon ball. It's not the most expensive one, but to me personally it is expensive but I still think fairly priced. But I instead did dex trades for the rest of the Saiyan Rattata line.
I think you've misunderstood the suggestion, if this were implemented, then item prices in the token shop would likely increase, not decrease.
0 points Mouse's Midnight Market! S/A/M sales, boxboxes, gem swaps, summon sales & more Avatar art by me
skiddo's Avatarskiddo
I wonder if there would be other ways to approach making the tournaments more fun? Because it's clear from this thread that constantly setting the end-game goal further and further away, requiring you to dedicate almost a full week of your time and/or a considerable amount of site currency just to keep up with Arceus rank, only to do it again every couple of months, is something that players don't find fun. I'm not sure what that could be, and/or how it could be implemented, but I wonder if having a one-time reward for getting to Arceus (as well as the shiny chain reward for keeping Arceus) could be part of it. Something to reward players for their efforts thus far, rather than requiring them to keep up with high-dedication tournaments, mass click weekends, new Paldea drops (especially new Paldea summons), and yet also having the shiny chain reward for the players who do keep up with those things. Another thing to add, is that I appreciate that melan hunting is seen for what it is, one of the biggest "reasons to play" for a lot of players. And yet, the present ways of keeping up with Arceus rank often end up disturbing that goal. I think the fact that two of the most common goals on the site will commonly interrupt each other is one of the reasons why tournaments can be seen as "not fun."
59 / 200
Not actively buying. Or actively doing anything in general.
(credits)
code by skiddo; banner by mochafox; sprite by pfq; bg is official
sëlkïr's Avatarsëlkïr
I think this would definitely be nice, maybe if it was only implemented for the first two tourneys of each season to help ease the burden of reaching Arceus rank again? If I am remembering correctly, the first two are always the new mon's, right? That way there isn't such intense competition for the first two weeks, making it nigh impossible to get on the leaderboard. I'm inactive a lot, but when I am active, I usually skip/just hit the hard goal for those first few tourneys because I know there's no way to compete at that level without a lot more time and wrist strength than I have ;-; By the time you hit week three, there would be enough tokens in circulation that everyone who couldn't make it in the first two tourneys would be able to buy tokens at a pretty reasonable price. More items could be added or prices could be raised in the tourney shop to compensate for this. I think this suggestion is a really neat idea, I hate that it was shot down before it could be fleshed out a bit more.
Check out my shop! ^-^ I've got Summons, Gems, S/A/M, and I'm taking hunt requests!
Ceruledge's AvatarCeruledge
full support Me as a person who cant be onlie all time its impossible to get the egg. i dont try anymore
1 H / 0 S / 2 A / 0 M
Nook Nook Silly Duck | Bug and Spooder collector
made by KitKatKutie2
Collecting Plasma Koas for 20 equiv.
Nook Nook
You are a silly goose >:)
dumbdog's Avatardumbdog
full support, this is a game. Its supposed to be stress relieving not stress inducing. Many people cant pour funds into the p2w style that most tournaments are, and for those that are more time expensive, most people dont have that kind of time. My dad has dementia and i spend a lot of time trying to make sure hes alright, along with sports, school, art, friends, family, and my boyfriend and here i am stressing about a pokemon website game? Somethings not adding up. Once again i feel that staff is being too dismissive when several players have said that it would imporve their overall health if these silly tournaments werent so gosh dang competitive. It makes me sad that we as a fanbase are telling you that "this would help us, please implement it" only to be dismissed time and time again.
Kip "You cannot beat yourself up over things you did not know"
Joint Summon Shop JournalArt shopcredits

credits

Code @RAINB0W Forum Icon @Doosio Signature Pagedoll @PanicPu
Blueish's AvatarBlueish
This is already rejected, but I want to voice support for support's sake anyway. I've noticed this site is largely full of people who have either been here forever, or drop off after their first year, making me on the newer side. So I've got that perspective to work with. And as a "newer" player without the edge that comes with high/max badges and stockpiles of currency, it's pretty much not possible for me to ever place in the first cycle of tournaments, ever. Putting me out of arceus for at least four weeks! A whole month! I simply don't have time or energy to compete with people who can be on the site constantly, with a job and housekeeping to do full time, unless I wanted to do literally nothing else with my limited spare time during the first 2 tournaments. And I don't. Perhaps instead of only a top 100 or a goal, the tournament egg could be graded on a "curve." A reasonable top % of players who registered and participated getting the egg instead - a number higher than 100 ideally... I don't know, I just know the current methodology is more prone to defeatism/p2w/elitism. Even something like rewarding the tournament eggs for more weeks towards the front of the season could somewhat alleviate this. Anything.

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page