PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Guaranteed melan at certain chain milestone(s)?

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

POLL: Bad or good idea?

Total votes: 80

You must be logged in to vote.

SCØURGED's AvatarSCØURGED
Suggestion Title: Automatic/Guaranteed melan at certain chain milestone(s) Suggestion Summary: Alright before people start coming at me with pitchforks, let me explain. If something like this has already been suggested, or already exists in some form, someone tell me. At least it was worth a shot in that case. Sorry if this has a lot of grammatical errors, I wrote a lot of this in the notes app on my phone. Also, warning ahead of time that this post may be very long, but I’ll try not to rant too much and shorten it down. What I am suggesting is that for users that are on a S/A/M hunt, that once a certain hatch/chain number(s) is reached, you will automatically hatch a melan of the Pokémon you’re chaining. Here’s a few examples/ideas I thought of: You automatically hatch a melan at 5k and 10k hatches, or every 5k or 10k hatches, you automatically hatch a melan. If the mile stone 5k, or every 5k seems too “game changing”, then just 10k or every 10k. This wouldn’t be replacing the rng system, it would be added on top of it.

Positive points:

1. If something along these lines get implemented, then people might stop begging for S/A/M rates to be changed, as there may not be a need to anymore. 2. Encourages players to start/continue S/A/M hunts. All this change would be doing is basically telling the player “It’s not ALL random chance, and with enough hatches and hard work you WILL be able to at least hatch one, keep going!” Or "Congrats on 5k/10k hatches, here's a melan as a reward, keep up the hard work!" It’s an incentive to continue your hunt and not completely give up. The amount of times I’ve told myself and other people have told me to just give up and put my chain in a PR stick, and/or to start a new hunt entirely. The rng system shouldn’t be THAT rigged that I should have to do that, and I don’t want to do that, nor should anyone else.

Negative points:

1. If the every 5k hatches = 1 melan idea is implemented, there is a possibility that the overall value of melans may go down a bit, therefore making act of melan hunting 'too easy.' 2. Some players may not like the idea of melans hunts now not being just random chance. People like the thrill of randomly hatching melans, and the very high value of them. But the value shouldn't change too much if at all, I don't know anyone who would be mad to hatch a melan, regardless of how it happened, so I'm not sure. I'm hoping maybe people are willing to give feedback, and share experences on how there hunts are going, so I can see how common this issue is.

Reason For Consideration (LONG, SORRY)

People may think I’m just salty, just mad that I haven’t hatched ANY melans yet because I'm suggesting something like this, but can you blame me? I haven't seen someone on this site with a chain as high as 9000+, that hasn’t hatched a SINGLE melan in whatever Pokémon they were chaining. Besides one person I saw in an old forum post, and they happened to also be chaining the same Pokémon as me, meowth. Kinda suspicious. I think most people on this site can agree that nobody should have to hatch over, let’s say, over 9000 eggs just for a single melan??? That’s just ridiculous. And it’s not like I charge my albino radar to level 1 and expect to hatch one, no, it’s almost always at either level 6 or 7, and it’s on almost every day. Sometimes I use shiny charms too. I haven’t seen anyone with a chain of 10k without at least one, but hey, if my chain keeps going like this then I might. So at the very most, it can be considered a gift to users who have reached that milestone. I think this idea is fair, since everyone seems very mixed of the idea of shiny and albino rates being changed even more. Once again I’m suggesting at 5k and/or 10k hatches, or something around that amount, NOT 1k or 2k, which is probably what most people would be arguing for. It shouldn’t break the game or make it “too easy.” The idea that I could keep going on with my current hunt, and never end up hatching a single melan because “it’s rng, sorry lol” is kind of terrifying. Because it’s COMPLETELY RANDOM CHANCE, there’s a chance that I will NEVER hatch one. With something like this, it gives all users willing to work hard enough a chance to hatch one. Maybe I’m wrong about some of this. But if not... All of my hard work and time spent just hatching eggs for months, and possibly almost a year for me, might be for nothing just because a stupid bot/rng system just doesn’t want me to have a melan. Nobody should have to go through what I’m going through for just to hatch their first melan, and trust me, I’ve tried all the boosts too. Still 0 melans. A pity counter for hunts/chains in this game would be nice, for shinies/albinos too, as long as it's not overpowered.
Tell me more points I can add, feedback, if this has even been suggested yet, anything worth adding or removing, thanks for listening to my ted talk if anyone bothers to read all this lol
Profile picture is currently a drawing of my pokefarm avatar, by Silver_Raven!
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Why bother spending IP to charge the Albino Radar if you're guaranteed a Melan every 5k?
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page