PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

"Break chain" button for PokeRadar

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

RoyaLotad's AvatarRoyaLotad
For all those times you have a chain going and intend to switch to something else, hatching a few parties before realizing you're still stuck to your old chain because of a tournament or type race you momentarily forgot you were even participating in: We should have a button on the Shiny Hunting -> Information (the page that displays your current Pokeradar chain) that breaks your chain right then and there. This submenu of the page features no other buttons that would lead to a risk of misclicking, but even so, have it pop up a confirmation message and then a final warning to ensure nobody erases their chain on accident - possibly even have it replace with a "Restore previous chain" button that only reverts when hatching an egg. Yes, you can break your chain by handing one of your Pokemon your PokeRadar to hold. But this is an unintuitive "neat little trick" that almost nobody would figure out themselves without being told. This simplifies the system and there's really no reason not to have it. Edit: Changed condition for "Restore previous chain" button to hatching an egg at all instead of starting a new chain, as the latter would make Egg Passes obselete.
shattered psych oct '23 win | made by @Cryst
Score: 0
Original by LycanKai, new by NassiLove, icon by Pokefarm
Profile pic is gift art from my good friend Shiny_Mod on Twitter!
Mirzam's AvatarMirzam
I'd like and use this. If I remember, one previous version of the site actually had this feature? There are workarounds, but they're awkward, and easy to mess up if you're distracted next time your eggs are ready, and while it's not much you do lose out on your first hatch in your chain. (By either having a non-matching egg, or by hatching without the radar) Since there's so many chain exceptions now, I think this would be very useful.
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
It is done.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page