PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Make Borealis Lantern an Uber-Rare Item in Boxes

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Gallevoir's AvatarGallevoir
Quite a few Mass Click Weekends ago, the Borealis Lantern summon item was created as the reward, allowing those who met their target to summon a Bunbori and thus evolve Litten into Feral Incineroar. Having made that item, it feels rather a shame that it's no longer available to use, and yet it hasn't been made into a legacy item either, so clearly there is still a reason to seek it out. So my suggestion is that, as a compromise between it being a legacy item and being available but unusable, it could be added to the Über-Rare Item pool for boxes (including Gragon's Gift), where things like the Mythrite and the Dragon Ball currently are. Pros: It isn't infeasible for items in a certain category to operate outside of the rules of that category - Kokorunite Q isn't folded into Mega Stones as a category, for example - so I can't imagine this not being possible from a coding standpoint. And since Uber-Rares tend to be on the expensive side across the site, it wouldn't compromise the rarity, or the cost, of the item. Cons: Would adding the item to the Prize Shop be obligatory, if it's an Uber-Rare? If so, Bunbori is already attainable through the Tournament Prize Shop at a relatively low cost, so it may not make a great deal of sense to add the Lantern to the prize shop alongside the Mythrite, the Korokunite Q, etc. EDIT: It was brought to my attention that Gragon's Gifts aren't the only boxes to contain Uber-Rare items. The suggestion has been edited with this new information in mind.
  • Shops
  • Best Melans
  • A Christmas Bee, for Melan Luck
They/them, for simplicity. Beathan sprite; egg sprites from Bulbapedia; avatar; Acacia sprite by me; Bee from Pokefarm Advent
EstherGamer's AvatarEstherGamer
Support for generally making it count as an Uber-Rare item, but not for only making it count as one in Gragon's Gift. I've been waiting for a chance to get a Borealis Lantern (or, well, multiple, I'm a lantern nerd), but am also unable to buy ZC, let alone buy even close to enough to get Gragon's Gift, and while there are some on the Market Board, they're painfully expensive and I'm using those credits for Shiny Charms too. It'd make me very happy if I could have a chance to get it from normal boxes like at least some other Uber-Rare items can (I remember having gotten a Dragon Ball from one some time ago, and the other day I got a Korokunite from a box and it made my day). But in general, support.
Avatar is an edited version of Sky Forme Shaymin's portrait from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky, edited by me. (Sprite by me)

QUOTE originally posted by EstherGamer

It'd make me very happy if I could have a chance to get it from normal boxes like at least some other Uber-Rare items can (I remember having gotten a Dragon Ball from one some time ago, and the other day I got a Korokunite from a box and it made my day).
Right, I'd forgotten that Uber-Rare items can appear in regular boxes as well! Oversight on my end; I'll tweak the suggestion to reflect this.
Bump, to gauge interest!
StarlessSky's AvatarStarlessSky
Support, but I don’t think it should be added to the prize shop because the Bunbori egg is already available to buy there.
Avatar made for me by VanillaDemon of my OC. Made by angelatos! Sky; She/her; I am the kind of person to quote verbatim from Jane Eyre. Unprompted. In text conversations. Beware. ^^My first shiny hatched
AngelOShadows's AvatarAngelOShadows
Support! Its such a pretty item. I saw a similar suggestion for the rose bouquet; perhaps it just needs to be coded in?

Vetran Player | Any Pronouns | 21+

☆ ☆ ☆
Art & Sprite Shop Journal Pokémon Toyhouse credits

credits

Code @RAINB0W Icon @Cledanio Pagedoll @Aibou Divider @moonlight-pendent13 Pagedoll & Icon are my OC Other Credits
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Done, along with the Bouquet in the Tournament Prize Shop as well.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page