PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

A Pop Up to prevent losing a chain

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Suggestion Title: A Pop Up to Prevent Losing a Chain. Suggestion Summary: Recently I accidentally lost a chain because I thought I had saved it when my brain was on auto pilot. I bought a pr stick but didn't use it. I talked about this with friends and learned quite a few people have dealt with this too. It wasn't like I wanted to lose the chain... I lost it because I didn't follow through, but... I feel a pop up could have prevented me from losing my chain. Just something that says 'You have a chain active currently. Are you sure you want to erase it?'. It sucks to lose a chain. Especially one that is longer or legendary. This could prevent a loss of chains, in my opinion. Positive points: May prevent people from overwriting chains accidentally. Negative points: May be annoying when you want to erase a chain. Reason For Consideration: We have a reminder regarding hatching other eggs. I think this would be useful to the same degree, and would just be something that saves someone from being as devestated as I was. Thank you!
Mirzam's AvatarMirzam
I don't understand, I think I'm missing something. Can you go into more details on the exact mechanics on when this new pop-up would happen, under what circumstances? Right now, when you're going to break a chain, the site should already warn you with a pop-up. It's been a while since I've used one, but I thought if you sticked your chain successfully that alert didn't appear at all, since using it clears your active chain? So like, the scenario as I understand it: You're hatching as usual. You've got up to a 500 Mew chain, but are out of funds for supplier and summons, so you want to take a break. You buy the PR stick, think you used it, but did not. You get a new party of 6 Vulpix eggs from the shelter. Then what? How does the Mew chain get broken as things are now? When does this new alert appear? What does it do/say differently? (What I thought happens: The chain warning pop-up comes up - multiple times if you click too fast like me lol. You say, "Oh shoot did I not stick this?" You go stick the Mew chain, then go back to hatch your Vulpix eggs, and this time no alert appears since your active chain is empty. You go back to the shiny page, and see you have an active 6-long Vulpix chain, and a stored 500 Mew chain.)
So its more like... when you are on the saved chains page. You revive an old chain from the saved chains. There is no pop up to prevent you from overwriting your non-sticked chain. So you overwrite it unknowingly.
Mirzam's AvatarMirzam
Oh! Ok, I understand now, thank you. I agree that there should be a confirmation in that case, just like when hatching new eggs in your party.
Caliban's AvatarCaliban
Support. My mind often goes on autopilot too and I've erased a chain before thinking I've used my PR stick. This would help tbh. So again, I support.
Avatar is my sonic OC Presto, drawn by Kazuma Kiryu
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
I have made two updates, one to address this issue and one to fix another unrelated issue. 1. If your current chain is 100+, there will be an additional checkbox that you must check in order to overwrite the longer chain. 2. If you have a saved chain that matches your current chain, restoring the saved chain will extend your current chain rather than overwrite it.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Thank you so much Niet <3 Here's hoping this helps people!

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page